Author Topic: Family Feud - How is Steve Harvey doing?  (Read 10776 times)

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
Re: Family Feud - How is Steve Harvey doing?
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2010, 02:50:31 PM »
Sounds like you won't be watching for awhile then....

Offline BD

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2010, 03:21:15 PM »
Whether that's true or not, I've already stopped watching the show and will not watch it again unless they get a more suitable host.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2010, 03:43:51 PM »
The one criticism I have of it, is that you really don't have an idea of who the returning champ is and what day they are on, if you aren't watching regularly. Introducing the families would help that.

BTW, has anyone noticed that......the intro of Steve sort of coincides with the classic intro cue now? Perhaps not intentional, but it's nice to hear the proper music there now.

Offline BD

• Taking a Bonus Spin

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2010, 07:37:41 PM »
 8-O  Um... wow.

The actual retail price is...

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2010, 08:50:55 PM »
video snip

That just took the "Family" out of Family Feud. I knew she was going to say that (what else would be that zany?) but while I'd give not have this be my my Last Chance Harvey, the manner in which Steve approached the answer was entirely unprofessional, even by Anderson's standards. Not impressed.

Yes, it's only one sample. I just don't like that one sample.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline BD

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2010, 09:03:57 PM »
That just took the "Family" out of Family Feud. I knew she was going to say that (what else would be that zany?) but while I'd give not have this be my my Last Chance Harvey, the manner in which Steve approached the answer was entirely unprofessional, even by Anderson's standards. Not impressed.

:roll: lol wow...

Amazing since I'm pretty sure Dawson would have acted the same way. Heck, this reminded me a lot of the "September" incident. At least Steve went back to the game... Dawson laughed for about 5 minutes lol.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2010, 10:18:49 PM »

My issue is, a lot of the questions now seem to be asking for answers like that in their nature. I miss the days when they really were more normal.

Offline Rlotpir1972

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2010, 10:30:23 PM »
All I gotta say is ... SOUND THE LOSING HORNS, JUDGE!

Offline urbanpreppie0004

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2010, 11:18:15 PM »
Racy-ish questions have been a part of Family Feud since Dawson. Example? Name a food conducive to sex. Episode year? 1980! The prudish nature of some of the members is astounding.

All I gotta say is ... SOUND THE LOSING HORNS, JUDGE!

Please stop. Now.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2010, 11:19:55 PM »
Racy-ish questions have been a part of Family Feud since Dawson. Example? Name a food conducive to sex. Episode year? 1980! The prudish nature of some of the members is astounding.

Maybe there was some racyish aspects to the show in terms of the questions over the years, but it seems a bit more obvious now then it did in the past at least to me.

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2010, 11:24:48 PM »
Amazing since I'm pretty sure Dawson would have acted the same way. Heck, this reminded me a lot of the "September" incident. At least Steve went back to the game... Dawson laughed for about 5 minutes lol.

Exactly.. Had it been Dawson in that position, he would have done his "famous" flutter the question card in his hands move... Funny is funny, and both Harvey and Dawson know what makes for entertaining TV.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2010, 05:08:03 AM »
:roll: lol wow...

The show has more commercial time now than it had in Dawson's day, about three minutes more commercial time now than then, to be exact.

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2010, 05:09:08 AM »
Maybe there was some racyish aspects to the show in terms of the questions over the years, but it seems a bit more obvious now then it did in the past at least to me.

The same "name a part of the body that gets bigger as a man gets older" question was asked in Louie ANderson's run, and the P word was said then(in the maingame)

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2010, 07:07:36 AM »
The same "name a part of the body that gets bigger as a man gets older" question was asked in Louie ANderson's run, and the P word was said then(in the maingame)

That's true, but I guess I mean more of the first two runs then the current one.