Author Topic: The Ultimate Price is Right Strategy Guide  (Read 337739 times)

Offline ballooney

• Outside in Line
Re: The Ultimate Price is Right Strategy Guide
« Reply #240 on: June 04, 2023, 01:59:25 PM »
Spinning the wheel is the obvious equalizer.  The last spinner's advantage is not strong enough to make a difference.  Most I agree with Stose about when to spin and when to stop.  If I was the last spinner, I may just take the spinoff no matter what score I have.

Offline justinbergner

• Outside in Line
Re: The Ultimate Price is Right Strategy Guide
« Reply #241 on: July 16, 2023, 08:13:31 PM »
I know folks have been discussing strategy on the show for years, if not decades, with Ben Blatt's Slate article in 2013 a great addition.

For those of you who would like to dig in further, check out my recently published book Solving The Price Is Right, which uses math and game theory to identify winning strategies across the show, evaluates contestant performance, biases, and shortcomings, and draws real-world analogies. This was a four year plus effort of mine starting in 2019.  Much of the pricing game analysis will be familiar to fans of the show, but the contestant's row bidding and showcase analysis also has a lot of interesting takeaways, many of which were a surprise to me. 

Solving The Price Is Right can be found on Amazon, barnesandnoble.com, and at many bookstores.

I would welcome any feedback and am happy to entertain questions here.