Author Topic: The Light Shot after Star Wipe  (Read 1100 times)

Offline nicholasdreyer

• In Contestant's Row
  • i love bob and drew
The Light Shot after Star Wipe
« on: September 21, 2010, 03:21:04 PM »
Do they always have to do this for a production issue? or was it just decided by Marc Breslow the original director to cut to the lights as an easier way to show the mic passoff? and why did DiPirro have to discontinue it? hmmm... i know last season drew was mentioned as host instead of star in the copy, but DiPirro still used the wipe then, so why stop now? if he should of discontinued it for the star/host change in the copy he should have did it in Season 38. Anyways the star wipe had been started by Paul Alter. Breslow used a circle wipe with no border, Alter did that then a star with no boder. When Bart Eskander took over, he did a combination of star wipes with borders, and without, and different patterns (only for million dollar spectaculars) during Bob's era, and when Drew took over: he did a star-wipe that went to the center instead of spinning then changed back to spinning. And on Specials during his last directing year he used a wave for Halloween, and a Heart for Valentines Day. When DiPirro took over he inheriated the spinning gold star wipe, and the different transitions for the special shows and holiday shows, and different color spinning star wipes. Now Season 39: and Star Wiped Stopped??? WHY???? is it another Drew issue wanting to be called HOST instead of STAR? or what???

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Light Shot after Star Wipe
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 03:46:43 PM »
My, that's a long post, and I'm a little unclear as to what you're asking.  Are you asking about why they use the star wipe, or why they have the shot panning across the lights?

If the question has to do with why Rich quit using the star wipe, well...he's the director.  He can do whatever he wants.
Bazinga!

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 05:22:54 PM »
The Star Wipe hasn't always been there.  I believe that came in the early to mid '90s.  I believe on of our posters here suggested it on their visit to TPIR at that time and it was put into action soon afterwards.  The change from star to host in the intro was the decision of Drew.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 06:54:24 PM »
The Star Wipe hasn't always been there.  I believe that came in the early to mid '90s.

This is incorrect.  It was in place by the start of Season 17.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline nicholasdreyer

• In Contestant's Row
  • i love bob and drew
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 06:57:02 PM »
ok that explains everything. thanks i hope they come up with a creative wipe instead of a dissolve... its just to plain.