Author Topic: CSS Results for 9/30/2010  (Read 2266 times)

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
CSS Results for 9/30/2010
« on: September 30, 2010, 12:21:56 PM »
Thar she blows, the Catalina...  Too many people didn't mi price it, but apparently some people must've though the boat was less than 10K.

Now as far as that BMW, I really shouldn't see a bid under 40K, and especially under 30K.  A TGOTC, wow...

PGS25 nails a DSW on a GREAT day and gets close to 100K.. tpirfan28 has the best (non-over) bid on the Beamer and gets that one.

Guesses of $1100 and $100 give PriceFanArmadillo and Flerbert419 the Plinko Doubler, respectfully.

And our aggressive twins just went too aggressive on that 328i.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 06:21:55 PM by BigJon »
BigJon's TPIR will live on - CSS Host - 2nd Season; CSS Statistician 3rd Season

Offline Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: CSS Results for 9/30/2010
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 12:22:31 PM »
Top 3 streak now at 2... :D :D

EDIT: Hold on, doesn't Flerbert only win the doubler? Isn't the top two only in case of a tie?
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Samhodkin

• In the Audience
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 12:24:47 PM »
Finally, some points on only my 3rd attempt, not bad.

Offline PhatBoi504

• 1/21/20
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • Where's Check Game?
    • Who Dat Temple
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 12:25:40 PM »
Now we know BMW are THAT expensive
Season 7 (2010-11) CSS Playoffs Champion

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 12:35:01 PM »
EDIT: Hold on, doesn't Flerbert only win the doubler? Isn't the top two only in case of a tie?
Top 2 who earned the Plinko doubler...not top 2 on the board.

Yay, I won a bunch of BMW stuff!
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 12:45:17 PM »
Did the rules change for the doubler? I thought the way Tom ran it, it's the closest without going over, and the only way two people would win it is if there's a tie for first.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline FrenchFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • CCSCO
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 01:02:53 PM »
Poor day... I'll be out tomorrow, see how things will go next week.
Le Juste Prix, my childhood gameshow, and love TPIR.

HYO: $75,515 (SC 1/2 (loss against a DSW), PG 2/2, getting up on stage 2/8 - 2 FFBC)
CSS: 2 wins, 1 DSW, 2 WSD, $202,298, best bid $118.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 01:25:27 PM »
Reading the CSS season 7 rules helps :D "— Plinko Doubler

Anyone wishing to participate will FORUM PM the CSS host their guess as to how much money will be won in Plinko after the last SP, i.e.: after we know how many chips will be dropped. The closest player(s) to the actual score without going over will have the opportunity to get their points doubled, however only the top TWO scorers will actually receive double points in the event that more than two people tie for the win."

I swear someone told me that dang boat was 11k, oh well :P I'll take the 79 and move on. Nice going PGS and 28 :)
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 01:44:33 PM »
$36,300/$52,200... hey, I had to Heels sometime. I'm a little miffed that Armadillo beats me despite a five-figure garf on the BMW, but I don't think anyone had a good chance on that, anyway. No worries... I'm still up by four.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 02:01:52 PM »
Guesses of $1100 and $100 give PriceFanArmadillo and Flerbert419 the Plinko Doubler, respectfully.

I believe the word you're going for here is 'respectively'.  (Which is incorrect, regardless...'respectively' means that the first bid was given by the first person you named.  I bid $100, not $1,100.)

$36,300/$52,200... hey, I had to Heels sometime. I'm a little miffed that Armadillo beats me despite a five-figure garf on the BMW, but I don't think anyone had a good chance on that, anyway. No worries... I'm still up by four.

Oh, how I miss the days where they only had three high-end cars...but at least they still use the same three boats every now and then?   :oldlol:
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 02:44:24 PM »
As far as the doubler, the 2 scorers who guess closest to the amount without going over win the doubler.  They don't have to tie.. In case more than 2 people tied, then the raw score rankings determine who gets it.

My bad, I was trying to be respectful and used the wrong word (man yall are on me already, lol)  Ya'll knew what I meant :)

Offline Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 02:47:06 PM »
The closest player(s) to the actual score without going over will have the opportunity to get their points doubled, however only the top TWO scorers will actually receive double points in the event that more than two people tie for the win."
This still makes it sound like there's no second place for the doubler, like I thought. If the winner, or all winners, go over, THEN it defaults to the second-closest.

It's fine if the definition of the doubler has changed, which I guess BigJon has just affirmed, but the [old] rules don't quite reflect such.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 03:20:01 PM »
It seems the previous interpretation that if someone nails it right on, only those who also did would be eligble for the doubler... I've intepreted and made the rules for this season  as being the best 2 scores get it.  In this case, one player who guessed $1100 and the other who guessed $100. (For that matter, they were the ONLY 2 players today who didn't go over from all guesses).  This is what was used last week for the doubler, and similarly for today's playing.

*The Rules will be updated, to eliminate confusion*

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 03:36:43 PM »
Sounds good, Jon. One thing, though- I think it should be also in the rules that, should everyone with the top two scores blows it, it doesn't pass down to the next highest scorer (as has always been in the past). Otherwise, it'd be theoretically possible for someone who severely underbid the Plinko score (such as bidding $500 when over $10K was won, when there were numerous other people much closer who went over on the showcases) to win "by default".

Also, last week you had the two Plinko doublers on the spreadsheet based on raw scores, while this week you have them in second and third. Standings have always been based on raw scores (bids) with DSWs/QSWs trumping all...IMHO, that should not change (as CSS has always been about having the best Showcase bids, and the Plinko doubler is an "extra"...hence also why it shouldn't pass down to the remaining high scorer in the case of an overbid). Army should be above Kitch, and Flerb should be just below cornelius. The daily winner should be the person with the best bids, not the best random guess on Plinko.

Those are just my opinions, Jon...it's your game, you can run it however you wish.

As for my performance today...I'll take it. Guess I still have some trip pricing ability. :D
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2010, 04:07:23 PM »
Please don't get confused by their position, i just SORTED AFTER i added the plinko doublers in.... That's all... i had no idea me sorting AFTER would cause so much confusion.. My mistake turns into As the World turns lol