Author Topic: Can't seem to get the archives open! >:-(  (Read 4946 times)

Offline gshowguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Can't seem to get the archives open! >:-(
« on: October 05, 2010, 09:43:22 AM »
When I try to open them, the 2000-2003 archives gives me a link to a Windows Live account while the 2003-2006 archives gives me an error message. Is something wrong and do they need to be fixed?

Offline Season36Fan

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Can't seem to get the archives open! >:-(
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 02:37:11 PM »
That version of the board was on MSN groups which closed in February of 2009.   Unless one of the admininstrators archived the boards, they are likely gone forever.

The Wayback Machine has archived the structure of the forum, and some of the pictures are intact, but the actual content of the posts appears to be gone.

http://web.archive.org/web/20040111101858/groups.msn.com/ThePriceIsRightUpdateMessageBoard/homepage1.msnw
Let's all take a deep breath.
Wise words.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 02:49:54 PM »
Moving this to Technical Support.  Maybe our Tech Support Guy has a definitive answer.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 03:51:45 AM »
Don't have the foggiest regarding the situation as far as the 2000-03 archives.  Those were hosted on a 3rd party site (MSN). I'd be inclined to believe the previous poster regarding them assuming no further archives.

Then, there's the matter of the 2003-06 archives.  At some point during the site's troubles over the previous month, the database containing the 2003-06 posts just sort of went...poof.  I've gone over the DB with a fine tooth comb, but so far no dice.  Currently working on tracking down a backup to restore them; expect definite downtime, however until then you're going to be limited to the version at the Internet Archives.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 10:36:40 AM »
The old MSN board has been gone for ages...Microsoft shut down that entire service.  I think it's been offline for at least two years, and I guess we (and I use "we" pretty loosely, since I can't do this) just never got around to removing the link.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.