Author Topic: CSS Results for November 6  (Read 3398 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for November 6
« on: November 06, 2006, 02:22:24 PM »
History did not quite repeat itself today. Last year, we had a DSW with the bid on the other showcase being the worst of the bunch. (The player was LudwigMackdaddy, who I believe still holds the record). Chief-O came THIS close to tying that; had he bid $252 less on SC1, he'd have pulled off the not-exactly-coveted DSW/Garf-of-the-century combination. But his DSW of $70 is truly impressive, and deprives heelsrules1988 of cash for the second time in so many DSWs.

[EDIT: heels, having more points than Chief-O, however, "wins" as far as being on top of the spreadsheet]

JohnHolder took the risk that paid off on the Mustang convertible, remembering that the jetski is probably around $10K itself and fearlessly bidding $38,000, taking a big wad of cash for his courage.

A token overbid on each SC, but otherwise a fairly good day pointswise. namnhu12 was the only player to correctly guess where the cash was in Half Off and doubles his points, a sum certainly worthy of doubling.

A reminder to everyone over 18 to go out, do your civic duty tomorrow, and VOTE. I have my own politics and I'm sure you have your own. I don't care WHO you're voting for, or how you read your state's/county's ballot questions, just get out there and make your voices heard.

[/soapbox]

[Edited to reflect change in spreadsheet]

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for November 6, 2006 -- Game 35
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
Re: CSS Results for November 6
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 03:28:41 PM »
I guess I had a good news/bad news day today.  Good news being I scored my best low SC so far this season, the bad news being that I, FieldsFan336, more than likely won the GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARF of the Century Award for today.  That was the worst I ever garfed in all the CSS games I've played so far!  Man, I've got to get my act together!
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 03:31:11 PM »
Booyah.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 04:00:07 PM »
Why, Chief, why?! :-(

I'm just kidding... well done, sir. With a DSW, I'm not complaining. Anything that keeps my King of Furniture rep intact is fine by me. :-D

Offline rcbought

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 08:47:27 PM »
ummm shouldn't heels be on top with the win?  His point score is higher

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 09:07:54 PM »
Hey wait... good eyes! I didn't even notice that. Gimme my W! :-D

Offline Marcello L. Silva

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 09:08:02 PM »
gee i took a big gamble with 40K, guess it did'nt pay off.

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 09:51:37 PM »
Wow......first, Nascar has a scoring snafu with a few laps to go a few weeks ago in Charlotte.......now Tommy Boy's got a scoring snafu on his hands.   :lol:

Anyway, good job to Chief and Heels.

Here's to the cancellation of tomorrow's episodes of Garf of the Century and Willy of the Century.  :-D

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 10:28:14 PM »
At least I won't have to worry about garfing or Willying tomorrow, because I'll be at work.  Man, that Mustang threw me off today...just call me the Garf Queen! :-D

We now have a new abbreviation to go with FRBS and FRTS:
FRMS=Freaking Random Mustang Showcase
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 10:40:51 PM »
Man, Jordan and I were $3 from each other in terms of raw score and what do we get?

:-P

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 11:32:12 PM »
I strive to be consistent in order to be fair. So I looked through my records to find the last time that there were two or more DSWs and the highest points scorer was not the lowest DSW bid. It has happened before, and the following has been the case:

Placement is determined by POINTS EARNED during play of CSS. That is to say it applies to bidding, DSW, QSW, double points day. Being lucky and getting a game doubler has no influence on your placement, though it does give you more points for the leaderboard.

Money is determined by LOWEST DIFFERENCE. This has never been an issue before, and I doubt that it will be.

So now you know. And knowing is half the battle.
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!