Author Topic: CSS Results for November 7  (Read 3421 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for November 7
« on: November 07, 2006, 02:27:27 PM »
One word best sums up today's CSS: BLECH.

Okay, not for everyone, as there were some excellent bids, and RobertSearcy wins with a DSW. But what the heck was in the Trailer showcase? (or wasn't, as the case may be). That trailer has been priced around $19,600 before, so was that the world's cheapest freezer? Sometimes those go well past $1000.

The Department Store showcase was yet more random prizes... hot tub, snowmobile, and yet there were very few overbids on it. Better luck tomorrow. If you survived today, well, there's only one thing for me to say to you:

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for November 7, 2006 -- Game 36
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline LudwigMackdaddy

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: CSS Results for November 7
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 02:35:26 PM »
eeesh.. cgts to robert and john and the above the red marks folks.. 2 dreadful showings  in 3 days is NOT a way for me to try to keep the 2nd place slot competitive!!.. Oh well..  better luck for me, and most of us tomorrow I reckon.. and cgts again to today's  winners and survivors !!

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 02:35:27 PM »
Ouch...$17 away from winning cash for my second game in a row.  I knew my 'easily bested by a rounder' bid would bite me, and sure enough...oh well.  But hey, I'll take another win over Heels any day of the week. :-D
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline siowafc

• 11/15/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 02:59:13 PM »
Wow. I love this game. I went from having a big enough difference to practically bid on another showcase ($18,522) yesterday, to having the lowest combined difference today. I'm pretty happy about that.

Still, bidding $24,000 on a showcase with a Mustang convertable was the dumbest thing I have done in a while. Oof. But I've made up for it a little today.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 03:02:23 PM »
Of course... I DSW on Monday, but when Armadillo comes in the next day, I choke. I still lead 8-7, though. :-)

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 03:13:55 PM »
YAHOO!  2nd win in just a few days.  :-D

BTW, those bids of mine were "semi-blind"......I took one look at each prize, come up with a total in less than a 1/2 second, and whisper it to Tom.  I won't go into detail why I did semi-blind bids on my SCs, though.  But.....wow....didn't think it would work out as well as it did.  I was actually expecting a Garf of the Century or Willy of the Century.  :-)

Edit:  Oh yeah, I forgot something.......

*picks Tom up off the ground, puts him down, and chases him around the stage like a Samoan*  :-D

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 03:24:21 PM »
I thought that freezer was always $500.....

The spa was probably my only obstruction between me and another super-awesome score.  I gave it 4995, when it's probably 6995.

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 05:06:13 PM »

Joe_Mello wrote:
I thought that freezer was always $500.....

Well then shame on me... ::sigh... thinks...:: Besides, I was distracted today. How's that work for an excuse?

(I've got dozens more if that doesn't  work, too). :-D
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 05:27:17 PM »
EDIT:  On second thought, I'm not so sure about what I first posted, so we'll just skip that.

Oh, and Heels...I'm just getting started this year.  I only needed a couple months to warm up.  :-D
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 05:35:27 PM »
I was ready to go $20,003 on SC1 when I heard Chief-O call "FRTS!" in chat... but then he said that it was a Fleetwood and my brain said "Don't you dare bid more than $17,000 on a Fleetwood showcase!"

Had I gone with my gut, I would've beaten Searcy by $3.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 08:36:24 PM »
Wow, great job Robert!  The Monday Garf Queen will see you all in chat tomorrow...and hopefully I can pass the garf crown to someone else
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23