Author Topic: The Talk  (Read 5720 times)

Offline Johnnya2k4

• Walking the Golden Road
    • The AllenBlog
Re: The Talk
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 05:33:02 AM »
According to this tweet by executive producer Brad Bessey, The Talk won their time slots in several cities including Boston and Philadelphia. So far, so good.

Offline katrinka_ohio

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2010, 11:05:30 AM »
This from Mediaweek.com/The Programming Insider by Marc Berman newsletter today:

"Good Sampling for The Talk on CBS:
CBS daytime chatfest The Talk, hosted by Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, Holly Robinson Peete, Leah Remini and Marissa Jaret Winokur, got off to a decent start with a weighted 2.1 rating/7 share in the metered markets on Monday, Oct. 18. Comparably, retention out of the lead-in average (2.4/ 8) was 87 percent, while serial As the World Turns on the year-ago evening averaged only a 1.7/ 6. In total viewers, day one opened at 2.2 million, with demo growth among the target females of as much as 67 percent in women 18-34 over As the World Turns. But ABC competitor One Life to Live was stronger with 2.5 million viewers. ABC's The View, meanwhile, averaged 3.8 million viewers that day.

Source::Nielsen Media Research data (R=repeat)"
Go fellow Buckeye Drew!

Offline AndyL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • Andy's MovieZone
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2010, 05:30:05 PM »
Looks like Les' plan to turn Columbia Broadcasting into Chen Broadcasting is almost complete.  All he needs to do is land her a lead voice character part on a Saturday morning cartoon, and another primetime series to run when BIG BROTHER is on seasonal hiatus
"Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Don't you step on its skin
  Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Womble up de rubbish and put it in de bin!"

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2010, 11:49:25 PM »
Looks like Les' plan to turn Columbia Broadcasting into Chen Broadcasting is almost complete.  All he needs to do is land her a lead voice character part on a Saturday morning cartoon, and another primetime series to run when BIG BROTHER is on seasonal hiatus

LOL! That's funny!

Yeah I don't know how this will turn out! In my opinion it seems like there is low ratings for almost any show in the 1-4 slots. That was kind of my fear for LMaD. Yeah it's a pretty good show, but in my area 3pm seems like a dangerous slot. 
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 09:15:32 AM »
Could somebody remind me why Julie Chen is still on TV and not the third-shift manager of a bowling alley in Flint, Michigan?

Wait, Andy already answered that last week.  Never mind!
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 09:34:20 AM »
Could somebody remind me why Julie Chen is still on TV and not the third-shift manager of a bowling alley in Flint, Michigan?

Because all the bowling alleys in Flint close at 5pm?
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline rn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 09:58:32 AM »
I'm actually not in favour of "The Talk", we already have "The View" as it is.  Plus, I actually just started to watch "One Life to Live".

Offline jmorgan

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2011, 01:46:23 AM »
Bumping this thread up to tell you guys that Holly Robinson-Peete & Leah Remini will not be back for season two. In addition. Sharon Osbourne will be back, but occasionally.

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2011, 08:10:58 AM »
Bumping this thread up to tell you guys that Holly Robinson-Peete & Leah Remini will not be back for season two. In addition. Sharon Osbourne will be back, but occasionally.

But the boss's wife ain't going anywhere :)

Offline PriceFan07

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2011, 04:26:13 PM »
I think it's still unclear if they're going to return, but their future on the show isn't looking bright. And I must say that I more than likely won't watch season 2 if they leave. I love the chemistry they have on that show - and it's certainly working for them seeing as how July was their strongest month yet. CBS really needs to re-sign them...
Get Ready to Price the Prize!
George Gray! Rachel Reynolds! Amber Lancaster! Manuela Arbelaez! Alexis Gaube! And James O'Halloran!
As we play the fabulous, sixty-minute Price is Right!
And here's the star of The Price is Right - Drew Carey!

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2011, 05:22:37 PM »
The View is controversial.

The Talk is garbage.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2011, 09:59:08 PM »
The View is controversial.

The Talk is garbage.

The best news on the Talk would have been it being cancelled and replaced with two half hour game shows, but I'm suspecting the boss doesn't want to tell his wife she's out of a job unless the show is reaaallllly doing bad in the ratings.

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Thanks for the memories, Bob!
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2011, 11:06:09 PM »
I'm suspecting the boss doesn't want to tell his wife she's out of a job unless the show is reaaallllly doing bad in the ratings.

Well, isn't she still on The Early Show?
$1,016,378 cash & prizes given away by me in my HYOs!

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2011, 04:10:24 AM »
Actually, no. She gave up her position on The  Early Show to do The Talk. She still does Big Brother, however.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline jmorgan

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2011, 03:13:30 PM »
According to TVLine.com, Kris Jenner (Kim Kardashian's mom) will be one of the two new hosts of the show along with conservative radio personality Sheryl Underwood. That pretty much confirms that Holly and Leah won't be back when season 2 starts on September 6th. Also, Sharon Osbourne will return in a diminshed capacity.