Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/17/2006  (Read 17220 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/17/2006
« on: May 17, 2006, 01:56:53 PM »
Production #3623K - Taped May 4, 2006

Bob: audience entrance
First Four lineup: left to right
Handoff: Rachel

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Rachel Reynolds and Gabrielle Tuite
Wearing: Lara

1  VocoPro Wanderer Karaoke System (G)
ICNICIA 1500   MAXENTIUS 450   THOMAS 550   JESSE *551   ($1288)

Jesse plays 3 STRIKES for a LINCOLN! Town Car Signature (Std., Tires, Stereo, Prot)(L)

Numbers: 2 3 4 8 9

1. (X)  STRIKE ONE!       8. (2)  5th  *  $---92
2. (9)  2nd  NO           9. (8)  2nd  NO
3. (2)  1st  NO          10. (X)  STRIKE TWO!!
4. (2)  1st  NO, STILL   11. (3)  1st  NO, STILL
5. (3)  1st  NO          12. (8)  3rd  *  $--892
6. (9)  4th  *  $---9-   13. (X) STRIKE THREE!!! YER OUT!!
7. (2)  3rd  NO               ($43,892)   LOSS

2  Landmark Heiloom Floor Lamp/Citracal Supplement (R)
+Ignacia 499   +Maxentius 1200   +Thomas *651   MELISSA 650   ($800)

Thomas, a Beach Bum from Arizona State, plays BONKERS for a Global E4 Electric Vehicle
(G&L)($9390)

5 7 4 5
1.  H L H H  :26
2.  L H L H  :21
3.  L H L L  :17
4.  H L L L  :14
5.  H L H L  :10   WIN!

Now THAT'S how to play this game. After the nightmare last time out, anything was an
improvement, but WOW! Thomas might have recorded 9 or 10 tries at the rate he was going.

3  3 SportsStuff Inflatable Cabanas/Hot Pockets (L)
+Ignacia 900   +Maxentius 901   MICHAEL 650   Melissa *700   ($779)

Melissa plays ONE WRONG PRICE

Elliptical Trainer (R)                     $2599
Pathfinder 4 pc Luggage Set (L)      PICK   1899  $1070   WIN!
carolinachair.com English Sofa (G)          1545

SHOWDOWN #1
$ 1,288   Jesse     80 stay   .80   Through to Showcase Round
  6,882   Melissa    5 + 30   .35
 10,230   Thomas    45 + 75    OV

4  Whirlpool Gold Stainless Gas Range/Commit Losenges (G)
+Ignacia 1250   +Maxentius 1   Michael *2   ALICE 1300   ($899)
                 STUPID BID

Michael, a student at Duquesne, plays DICE GAME for a Chevy Aveo LT (Std., AT, BlkHtr,
ALB, Stereo)(R)

[5][ ]   [5]
Rolls:   $1[2][4][5][5]
               2 [1][5]   LOSS

ABOUT THAT ONE-BID: Seems like one-upping someone else is inviting physical
abuse. First it was Melissa "beating up" Thomas, now it's Maxentius and Michael
getting into a playful little boxing match. At least they're having a good
time.

5  Nourison Versailles Palace Area Rug/Gold Bond Powder (L)
+Ignacia 775   +Maxentius 876   MATILDE 875   Alice *789   ($799)

Alice from Wyoming plays COMING OR GOING for a Runco 32" LCD HDTV (G&R)

$3995  <--  (She's "Coming")   WIN!

This has been a crazy day. People pushing each other after one-ups, Thomas realizing
brain freeze at the wrong time, and two people with very unusual names. Those two,
'Iggy' and 'Max', are still in the Row and at least one of them is about to be
banished to the "First Four" Breakfast Club. So who's going?

6  Bumper Pool Table (G&R)
+Ignacia *900   +Maxentius 750   Matilde 800   AMY 600   ($2849)

Maxentius heads off to the clubhouse while Ignacia escapes! She plays GROCERY GAME for
a trip to Melbourne (6n)(G&R)($11,871)

(4) Tidy Cats Scoop Cat Litter      1 x 7.37     $ 7.37  -13.63
(5) Tums Smoothies                  5 x 3.99      19.95   27.32   LOSS

(1) Capzasin P                      
(2) Windex Multitask Cleaner        
(3) Azo Cranberry Supplement (50)  

If you're a regular around here you know this setup had "nasty" written all over it.

SHOWDOWN #2
$  939   Michael    5 + 15   .20
 2,849   Ignacia   40 + 50   .90   (Puny 1st Spin)   Through to Showcase Round
 4,834   Alice     30 + 30   .60   (Bob-aided)

SHOWCASE ROUND
Ignacia has the honor.

SC1-Ignacia   THE DOs AND DON'Ts OF DIETING
BID   $28,000   Ghirardelli Chocolate Products (L)
PRICE    30,756   10d Panama Canal Cruise (via Ft. Lauderdale)(R)
DIFF    -2,756   Ford Frestar SE (Std., AirBag)(R)
TOTAL   $33,605

SC2-Jesse      PRIZES DELIVERED TO PORT O'PRICE BY LITTLE TOOT THE TUG (L)
BID   $10,000   Ragtime West Player Guitar
PRICE    20,969   Pulaski Gesso Dining Group
DIFF   -10,969   Yamaha VX110 Waverunner

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6
Total Winnings: $57,778

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/17/2006
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 01:59:10 PM »
3 strikes- Jesse has a poor memory. I can't believe he guessed the 2 as the first number twice. And the number three twice as the third number.

Bonkers- Boy was Thomas a really good player. He couldn't have done that any better.

One Wrong Price- The luggage was also my choice for the wrong price.

Dice game- The moment that Micheal went higher on the third number I had a feeling he had lost.

Coming or Going- The moment that Alicia chose coming there no doubt that Alicia had won.

Gorcery store- Ouch! The moment Ignacia choose 5 tums there was no way she could not have lost.

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 02:16:42 PM »
If you weren't shouting at the TV during 3 Strikes, you should have.  Jessie was flaking at the most inopportune times.

I'd like to know what they're feeding these contestants.  They were nuts!  No more so than Thomas, who could probably set the land speed record for people.  I was worried he was going to run into something. lol

Did Ignacia have a Fruedian slip?

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 02:23:10 PM »
Yes Ignacia did, Joe.  Yes she did.

While the show was quite enjoyable today, it had almost nothing to do with Three Strikes, which to be frank, wasn't very interesting today.  The game was just played badly.  I can't say I feel sorry for Jesse for losing the game.

Thomas was fun, excited up on stage, and seemed to really want to win the electric car in Bonkers.  I know Thomas made a couple of guesses in Bonkers with the first number lower than 5, but I don't really care:  the whole thing was just wonderful to watch, with Thomas actually playing really fast, rushing to place the disks, and not looking into the audience!

Melissa was pretty.  Aside from that, she was a lot of fun, particularly in contestants' row, after being $1ed by Thomas.  That had to be the single most insane assault in Price is Right history.  Or at least the most vicious one I can recall!  I don't think Thomas minded too much, though; it looked like he was having fun with it, anyway.  Bob had fun with the fight as well, about how Thomas would press charges, and that he rushed up on stage not because he was excited, but to get away from Melissa!

And with Melissa and Thomas around, it's a shame that Jesse had to be the one to win the showcase showdown.

Bidding $1 as the third bidder isn't smart to begin with, but it was extra bad today, since, while the contestants were bidding on the fourth item up for bids, Ignacia tried repeating Alice's $1300 bid, and Bob didn't catch it until after everyone had bid, with Michael bidding $1, which obviously didn't count.  So we knew Michael was going to bid $1.  Maxentius' bid of $1, with everyone knowing Michael wanted to bid $1, was just crazy:  absolutely no surprise when Michael actually bid $2!  The playful attack was fun, but at the same time, I can't feel sorry for Maxentius getting $1ed there.

I wonder why Roger makes Grocery Game so virtually impossible while making Hi Lo so mindlessly simple lately.  Hi Lo could use a bit more difficulty, and Grocery Game could use a bit less.

Did anyone notice what Ignacia called the Tidy Cat in Grocery Game?  Something I'm not sure I should be repeating on this board.  I'm surprised they didn't edit that out, or bleep it out, or something.

Coming or Going fifth took me by surprise:  I thought it would be Grocery Game.  'Course, that wound up being played sixth anyway, but it still caught me off guard.

Dice Game fourth is cool too.  I don't think Dice Game has been played fourth yet this season, has it?

Considering Alice was a lil' old lady, I'm surprised Matilde got a much stronger reaction to be called to contestants' row than Alice did.

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 02:26:14 PM »
I was yelling at my TV when Jesse played 3 Strikes.

Thomas was flying through Bonkers. That was a great win.

Dice Game: Going against the odds by going higher than a four, BAD IDEA!

Grocery Game: Ouch! Tough luck on that game. :-?

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 02:29:25 PM »
3 Strikes: Well, that was interesting. Jesse's poor memory on the 2 and the 3 cost him the car dearly. Without a doubt. But at least he made for some big entertaiment.

IUFB2: Woah! Fighting on TPIR in Contestant's Row. Today's show is brought to you by Jerry Springer.

Bonkers: The perfect contestant for this game. He was great, for endless reasons!

One Wrong Price: Very easy.

SSD1: Boy, was Thomas ever frustrated over that heartbreaker on his second spin! Bob sure got a kick out of it!

IUFB4: Fighting AGAIN?!? This is one WILD crowd!

Dice Game: This played fourth instead of Money Game?!? What a nice surprise! And the Aveo returns! I was surprised it was expensive as it was. It was a daring move for Mike to say higher for the third number, but when I saw 5 as the second digit, I had a bad feeling he lost, and did. Tough break.

Coming or Going: Very easy, but it took the player some getting used to.

Grocery Game: Tough setup. I understood what was done on the first choice, but saying 5 of the Tums proved to be disasterous.

Showcases: Jesse just could not quite get with the program today. I was hoping Ignacia would pass the first showcase to him, so he would get another shot at a car. I was surprised the second showcase hit $20,000. I was thinking $16,000 for that.

Overall: Thanks to most of the contestants, today's show was great!

Offline LadySlugma

• Outside in Line
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 02:36:17 PM »
3 Strikes: Yay, my favorite game!  Boo, Jesse's awful memory.  It was pretty painful to watch him guess the same thing twice.  I have to admit I was hoping he'd lose at the end.

Bonkers: Thankfully Thomas made things a lot more enjoyable with his great playing.  Some of his guesses seemed a little goofy, though. (Did he really think that the first digit would be lower than 5?)

One Wrong Price: The luggage looked the most wrong, so I'm not too surprised it was won.

SSD1: I was kinda disappointed to see Jesse win this.  He seemed like a nice enough guy, but didn't appear to be very enthused at any part of the show.

Coming or Going: Seemed easy enough.  The other option just didn't look any good.

Grocery Game: Is it just me, or did Ignacia seem kinda clueless out there?  With her taking forever to get up on stage, and her kinda spaced out look while playing.  Unsurprisingly, she didn't come close to winning.

Showcase: Then again, maybe I'm wrong.  Her bid here was excellent.  And Jesse once again didn't look like he really cared about what was going on.  I was sure he had lost once the price of Ignacia's showcase had been revealed.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 02:37:20 PM »
You're not alone, Slugma.  I also kinda' felt like Jesse didn't really care much about what was going on.  Shame, really.

BobboChung said:  I was hoping Ignacia would pass the first showcase to [Jesse], so he would get another shot at a car.

Not me.  Considering Jesse played Three Strikes poorly, while Ignacia just got stuck with a cruel playing of Grocery Game, I completely wanted Ignacia to keep the automobile showcase, and completely wanted her to win it.  I personally felt worse for Ignacia than I did for Jesse.

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 02:38:06 PM »
I definitely heard something in Grocery Game that could qualify as a "vocabulary malfunction." :-D

I whammed my head on the desk this morning watching 3 Strikes. I know Bob can't say what the contestant picked previously, but the audience should have tried harder to tell him NOT to put the 2 in slot one. Again.

To this end, as I said in chat this morning, I think that during the interviews they need to have a very brief pricing game screening.

Please put the following products in order from highest to lowest price.

1. Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
2. Ford Focus
3. Ashley Dinette Set
4. Anything marked "Supplement" in a GP game.
5. Corvette
6. Plasma TV

(Answer sheet: 5, 2, 6, 4, 1, 3 of course) :hammer:
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 02:38:57 PM »
3 Strikes-I agree, and in fact, I was saying in my head, "That's not a Pontiac G6 or a Dodge Durango!"  At least, I was glad to seem him lose. (Sorry for bashing, but he deserved it)

Bonkers: That's the spirit!  Well Played!  Thomas deserved it.

One Wrong Price-Am I imagining it, or is this game becoming Pick a Pair in terms of the winning streak?  I would have said luggage.

Dice Game: 4th?!  CSTD!!  I had a terrible feeling that Michael would lose once he said higher than 3.

COG: I knew coming was the right move.

Grocery Game: OW!  I liked it when Ignacia called it "Kitty cats."

Showcases: I would have bid $18,000 just to be on the safe side.  I knew Jesse was way off.  Again I was glad to see him lose.

BTW, I got a kick from the contestant's row fights!

Overall-a pretty wacky show show today.

Offline LudwigMackdaddy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 02:41:32 PM »
a Very very fun show.. even if the Jesse experience was NOT fun -- nice that as we are getting close to off season shows seem to be getting better and better lately-- good stuff :)

amd yes i'd bet millions to muffins that she DID say..

titty.

:)

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 02:43:33 PM »
I also agree with Slumga I'm glad that he lost.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 02:50:47 PM »
Wednesday, May 17, 2006

3 Strikes- That was definitely worse than the Ten Chances debacle last week, because we've come to expect people to not know how to play that game. Everybody should know how to play 3 Strikes. Pathetic.

Bidding Round #2- #206, Melissa! Wow.. don't make her mad, though! :-D

Bonkers- From a pricing game that is played the worst it could possibly be played, to a pricing game that is played the best it could possibly be played. Thomas is a true Bonkers player.

Showcase Showdown #1- I think everybody officially believes me now: the wheel is EVIL. No doubt about it.

Bidding Round #4- Oh man, it's like Jerry Springer up in here! :lol:

Grocery Game- That pronunciation of "Tidy Cats" was just priceless.

Showcase- Once again, Jesse screws up. The only time you should bid $10K is when you think the other contestant is over, and it seemed pretty clear that wouldn't be the case today.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Thomas, who in my opinion is a front-runner for Contestant of the Year.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- We had a Contestant of the Year nominee on a Show of the Year nominee. That's one heck of a combination. On top of that, we had lots of fantastic moments today. To sum it up, this show was darn near perfect... Grade: 4

Today's show had a lot of memorable moments. Here are several of them...

Jesse fails miserably in 3 Strikes
Thomas gets attacked by Melissa, then aces Bonkers
Thomas gets his heart broken in the Showcase Showdown
More fighting in Contestant's Row
Hilarious mispronunciation in Grocery Game

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2006, 03:49:57 PM »
3 Strikes: Wow! I feel like saying we got some errors on this one! It was fun while it lasted, win or lose.

Bonkers: The first three numbers were easy to place. I guess with the speed like Thomas's, I guess it was bound to happen. This is the first time I have ever seen anybody go ballistic after winning a GEM Car.

One Wrong Price: I'll admit it: I did not pay close attention to the luggage price, prompting me to pick the elliptical.

Dice Game: Going against the odds with that [4] was very risky--I would have done that too.

Coming or Going: I don't know if Runco is a good brand or not; I still would Come.

All this 'violence' in Contestants Row: Punching and attacking contestants. Almost like the worst show in daytime television. Well, despite that and Maxentius' scratch to the House, this was a good episode to watch on the air (I taped it while I watched it). [until...]

Grocery Game: With all these 'grocery' products being offered with the IsUfBs, I didn't think we would have a grocery game. I would say that she had both words on her mind and they both came out at the same time. Ya know, sometimes its priceless to keep bloopers like that for daytime television.  :-) Anyways, when Ignacia picked the Tums, I wanted her to buy two or three, not five. Sound The Buzzer.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2006, 04:04:47 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown.

3 Strikes -- 5:41
Bonkers -- 1:56
One Wrong Price -- 1:32
Dice Game -- 1:51
Coming or Going -- 1:38
Grocery Game -- 2:23

Today's playing of 3 Strikes is the third longest pricing game of Season 34.

Was it just me, or did anyone else think there might have been an overbid edited out of the fourth one-bid?

I also thought that there was an edit after Thomas came up onstage after the second one-bid.  Bob says "now you can win that prize" kind of randomly and before the laughter of audience ends.  It just seemed out of place.

Rich's prize description of the trip to Australia seemed to be added after the show since his voice was much quieter and the transition between the trip & the PG was odd.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but this is what I was noticing today.