Author Topic: Ignore Feature  (Read 4163 times)

Offline Dakotakid2007

• In Contestant's Row
Ignore Feature
« on: October 25, 2010, 10:14:32 AM »
I haven't been a member here for all that long, and I was a bit surprised when I went to my account and discovered I am being ignored by 4 other members.  I was a little taken aback by this since I could not imagine what I did or said that would upset 4 members to the point of ignoring me.  Then I checked some other accounts and found some members are also ignored by 4 members (the same 4 perhaps?) while others are being ignored by 17 members and 21 members!  I am amazed at this. 

While I am not in agreement with every one who posts an opinion here, I remain open to hearing those opinions.  I like to know not only who agrees with me but who disagrees with me, and why.  This is how we learn and grow - expand our horizons and our perspectives.  I do not have anyone on "ignore" and I hope I never do.  I want to hear from all fans of TPiR.  Good to hear from you!

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Ignore Feature
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 10:21:42 AM »
Don't feel bad, I have 9 members ignoring me. For a while it was only 6 then jumped.  but just remember even if you have that many people ignoring you, there are hundreds that aren't.

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 10:25:50 AM »
I don't ignore anybody, but I don't think others need to be lectured on why you think they shouldn't use a feature that was provided by our moderators.  And I certainly don't think the section of the site that's supposed to be devoted to TPiR is the ideal place to be making such a plea.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 10:26:56 AM »
Also, shouldn't this be in OILF.

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
Bazinga!

Offline BobJacobsenVer1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 10:47:22 AM »
I have a general question about the ignore feature. I've never ignored someone, but I assume if you ignore someone, you don't see there posts... So if that is the case, and they start a thread, does that thread just not show up on your list of threads?

Offline FrenchFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • CCSCO
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 10:53:05 AM »
I have a general question about the ignore feature. I've never ignored someone, but I assume if you ignore someone, you don't see there posts... So if that is the case, and they start a thread, does that thread just not show up on your list of threads?

I ignored a troll on another forum. In this case, there is a little box where the ignored poster posted which said "This message was posted by XXX who you ignored. Click here to see the message."

I got my 3 ignored people quickly, I don't know why and I don't care.
Le Juste Prix, my childhood gameshow, and love TPIR.

HYO: $75,515 (SC 1/2 (loss against a DSW), PG 2/2, getting up on stage 2/8 - 2 FFBC)
CSS: 2 wins, 1 DSW, 2 WSD, $202,298, best bid $118.

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 10:54:57 AM »
I have 1 ignore, I don't know why.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline yabbaguy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 11:00:30 AM »
Kick the "Ignored by X users" counter? Ignore feature is great for the sake of purifying your forum experience, but it takes a completely bad turn when it starts becoming a sort of yardstick for judging people. It also creates a negative environment when people are essentially being told "I can't even stand to see your posts on this site" and they're dissuaded from voicing opinions.

If someone gets ignored numerous times, perhaps they likely deserve it, but trolls are plainfully obvious without the Ignore counter.

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 11:07:59 AM »
I'm ignored by 2 members.

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 12:26:02 PM »
I'm ignore By 16 members but it doesn't bother me anymore.

I don't have anyone on ignore.
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline Dakotakid2007

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 01:55:24 PM »
AXL wrote: "I don't ignore anybody, but I don't think others need to be lectured on why you think they shouldn't use a feature that was provided by our moderators.  And I certainly don't think the section of the site that's supposed to be devoted to TPiR is the ideal place to be making such a plea."

AXL - I reread my initial comment and I don't see one ounce of "lecture" present.  Nor did I say someone shouldn't use this feature.  I made no "plea" to anyone.   And while clearly not directly about TPiR, it is about the site dedicated to TPIR and for the life of me, I still can't figure out how some people can be so downright mean to fellow fans of the show we all love.  Why are some fans so mean and impatient with other fans in here?   How will "the powers that be" at TPiR take any of us seriously when some can even get along? 

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 02:27:39 PM »
Take the advice of some of the people above... don't take it personally.  I haven't checked that stat since the first time someone raised this issue months ago and I was curious where they were coming up with the number.  I think 2 or 3 people were ignoring me at the time, but I haven't lost a minute's sleep over it.

At any rate, it's better to be ignored than to be constantly sucked into the kind of negative threads that actually do make the site look bad.  If people really can't get along, I have no problem with them ignoring each other.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 02:51:05 PM »
I've never had anyone ignore me until about six months ago. Then when I took someone's "anti-ignore challenge," I got my first iggy. This number then jumped to three after I gave some honest opinions after Rich's leaving. Then I said something in the chatroom and people were quick to call me out. I immediately knew who was ignoring me because my count didn't jump.  :rollold: To me, I think this feature is useless because you can click to display that person's posts anyway.

Offline Dakotakid2007

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 04:04:23 PM »
AXL - why were you so much nicer to me on your second reply than your first one?  You seemed down right hostile to me the first time and like such a nice guy the second time.  Did you have your coffee late in the day?  LOL  Thanks for the second reply - I do feel better about that one. 

I don't yet understand how to use all the features on this (or any website) but I hope to learn a little each time.   

I was a little disappointed that my new topic post (this one) got moved off the main page to this "out in left field" section - which I'm guessing doesn't get as much viewing as the main page.  Even though it apparently is "off topic" of the show itself, I felt it could have remained on the main page for at least 24 hours. 

But, so be it.  "If I ruled the world..."