Author Topic: CSS Results for 11/1/2010  (Read 2447 times)

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
CSS Results for 11/1/2010
« on: November 01, 2010, 12:20:28 PM »
Well, pathfinder20 edges CliffhangerKing out on SC1 with a DSW at that and gets the big points and cash. pathfinder20 wins on a day PathFinder was played....must've been a sign
Tpirfan28 gets a WSD on it, awww.

Now SC2.... 100% Garffage... Every single player Garfed that showcase, including the winner of the showcase, laudatoian444, with a difference of $5,516, which is good for his 1st cashing.

Now a bid of $13,800? Welcome to 1994 apparently... Don't worry Bryan, you'll learn.  :D

[attachment deleted by admin]
BigJon's TPIR will live on - CSS Host - 2nd Season; CSS Statistician 3rd Season

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Re: CSS Results for 11/1/2010
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 12:31:18 PM »
I really gotta stop coming this close to cash but missing out  :oldlol: At least I got beat by the best :) Very solid bids pathfinder, hard to beat, heh....Watch heels post a DSW on 2 or something now that I said that  :oldlol:
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline JerryArr

• Outside in Line
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 12:46:55 PM »
Wow, only two bids on Showcase 1 were farther away (higher or lower) than the best bid on Showcase 2.  I wonder when the last time we had a winning bid farther away than today.

Offline jmenjes

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Mouseketeer
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 01:46:04 PM »
 :headbang: for going over on 1 by about $300.

Hope this isn't a sign for the rest of the week...
"You're dead if you aim only for kids.
Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
---Walt Disney

Offline Bryan

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 01:46:47 PM »
Hey! I went over 3/5 last week so I kept it low :)

Offline Wolfman2000

• In the Audience
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 02:11:33 PM »
Roger^H^H^H^H^HBigJon, can you check the record books here? I think this is the first time everyone GARFed on one of the showcases.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 03:18:46 PM »
$27,400/$19,300... my best bid of the season still may not be enough to beat Armadillo if he owns me on SC2. I don't see it happening since that was a seemingly-impossible showcase to nail, but you never know with him.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 03:25:10 PM »
That second showcase looked cheap...how much was that seemingly random trip to the middle of the freaking desert?!?
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 07:03:58 PM »
I kept getting the stupid "Connection Problem" screen as I was trying to send my bids today, so for a while I didn't think I got them in.  It turns out they got sent out twice.  Although with my garfing today, I might have been better off not getting them in at all.  It looks like the MegaTrips are back... :twisted:

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 07:11:08 PM »
Roger^H^H^H^H^HBigJon, can you check the record books here? I think this is the first time everyone GARFed on one of the showcases.

Historic wrong®.  May 21, 2007, saw everyone garf a showcase that featured platinum cookware, a Pulaski Edwardian dining room with Noritake dinnerware, and a Wurlitzer grand piano.  The showcase came in at $31,945.  I had the winning difference of $5,350.  (Also of note is the fact that G-R.net's own chargerchick was a contestant on that episode.)

But sideshowPA still holds the record for biggest winning garf.  He won with a difference of $7,974 on January 31, 2007, on what BuddyTom and I have since dubbed "zillion-dollar trip to Switzerland".  But he won because the rest of us who had slightly better bids went over on the other showcase, which BuddyTom and I have since dubbed "Ford F-150 with no engine".
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 07:50:18 PM »
But sideshowPA still holds the record for biggest winning garf.  He won with a difference of $7,974 on January 31, 2007, on what BuddyTom and I have since dubbed "zillion-dollar trip to Switzerland".  But he won because the rest of us who had slightly better bids went over on the other showcase, which BuddyTom and I have since dubbed "Ford F-150 with no engine".
On 11/11/09, Bully won with a 8085 difference - check it out.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 07:55:18 PM »
But sideshowPA still holds the record for biggest winning garf. 

I had no idea that I held a record here.  Unless the Bully thing checks out...
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline visualbasicwizard

• Walking the Golden Road
  • 2005-2014
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 08:08:40 PM »

That's all I can say.

Check out my CSS signs: CSS images
My CSS calculator: http://www.vbwcomputers.com/CSS/calculator.php

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 08:45:23 PM »
I had no idea that I held a record here.  Unless the Bully thing checks out...

It does it was the day Cabo was 8000 more than it was supposed to be lol.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2010, 10:18:05 PM »
I thought that it was a Ford Explorer.  It wasn't.  That's all there is to it.
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!