Author Topic: CSS Results for November 9  (Read 5414 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for November 9
« on: November 09, 2006, 03:37:15 PM »
Today we had two inexpensive cars, paired with different assortments of prizes. On one hand, a trip and a stereo, on the other, furniture. The Stage Player had a very difficult time and gave two great big honkin' overbids.

Unfortunately, many people in the room followed suit on the PT Cruiser/Trip package, a few more on the other showcase. Of ten survivors, the LOWEST points score was nearly 85! Two people (neither of them much of a surprise) DSWd... well, actually three did, but PaulMiller's excellent bid on the Aveo/furniture showcase was nixed by an almost equally good overbid on the first... Jordanar18 and PriceFan985. PriceFan is robbed of cash by a margin of ONE DOLLAR! BRB_TheFireball claims cash for the second showcase. Your host gets 94.17 more points to add to his total and is happy for it!

Tomorrow in CSS: Double the points, double the money, double the overbids fun Friday!!

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for November 9, 2006 -- Game 38
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: CSS Results for November 9
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 03:55:28 PM »
Congrats to the doublers!  (and to Jordan for continuing a streak of someone having their 2nd consecutive DSW)  :-)

My gut told me neither SC was gonna be above $20K......and my gut was wrong for once.

I'm hoping for a somewhat decent day for tomorrow's Double-Down-n'-Dirty CSS......If I can score high amounts of points like I've done the past 2 days with those DSWs and more money.......I may call this my best CSS week of my career.  :-)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 05:28:26 PM »
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 05:46:22 PM »
Wow, great job you guys!  I'm ready for tomorrow's double-the-points extravaganza...where hopefully I will NOT continue my megaGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARF streak
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 06:10:15 PM »
Well, I believe Heels and I have our first tie of the season.  And for all of Heels's ranting about a $240 overbid...he didn't even notice I overbid by only $105, did he?

I know I ask this every time it happens, but...why is it that I can make DSW-worthy overbids about five times as often as I actually get DSW's?
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 06:33:20 PM »
Come on, BRB.  What did you do to deserve four bananas doing the Macarena? :-P

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 06:50:24 PM »
Okay, I actually went back and dug through the old CSS boards to look this up....this is my third DSW-overbid of the season in only 17 games.  My last scoring DSW was on March 22nd last season!  I guess the numbers weren't quite as bad as I thought, since I've only had three actual under-$250 overbids since then (and about four or five more overbids between $250 and $400), as well as a DSW wasted by overbidding the other SC.

Oh, and since Searcy was wondering about this earlier...PriceFan985 doubled three days in a row last May.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 07:13:05 PM »

PriceFanArmadillo wrote:
Oh, and since Searcy was wondering about this earlier...PriceFan985 doubled three days in a row last May.

Ah ha.....thanks.  :-)

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 07:42:45 PM »
Welcome to the club Armadillo.  I have 4 overbids so far this season, I've had 2 mega-garfs in a row this week and my last DSW was June 9 (near the end of last season).  Next time I hear FRTS or FRBS said on chat in the future, I'll be ready for it
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline catfan2002

• Double Showcase Winner
    • my facebook page
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 09:53:18 PM »
oh well streak of 20 times without a over is gone just have to start a new one tomorrow.
http://bigeastsports.blogspot.com/

HYO winnings: $125,862 and counting

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 10:01:53 PM »
How could you have gone 20 games without an over?  You've played in 23, and gone over 7 times.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 10:37:30 PM »
Ugh. The one day I do well on cars, and I get nailed by a tragic overbid. This one stings.

Nice win, fellow Jordan, but where's the llama-riding banana? ;-)

PriceFanArmadillo wrote:
And for all of Heels's ranting about a $240 overbid...he didn't even notice I overbid by only $105, did he?

No, I did. We both had pretty tragic overbids today. No harm, no foul, though... it's still 8-7 in my favor. :-)

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 11:38:36 PM »
The other Jordan wrote:
Nice win, fellow Jordan, but where's the llama-riding banana? ;-)

I'm saving it.  :-D  :-D  :-D

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2006, 06:44:55 AM »
I propose a man law where Real men don't complain about close overbids....
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2006, 10:43:29 AM »

sideshowPA wrote:
I propose a man law where Real men don't complain about close overbids....

HA!  Just imagine.......Marc, Sally (who constantly gets overruled  :-D ), Tom, Paul, Robair, Jordan, and myself making manlaws..... :lol: