Author Topic: Monday December 20th  (Read 6278 times)

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Monday December 20th
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2010, 10:01:37 AM »
Halloween 2009.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2010, 10:44:28 AM »
I haven't seen the article, but with Ovy and Sid, I could bet a good buck as to what event the showcase will be centered around...

That being said, I found out about this on Twitter this morning, and laughed at the girl's comment : "It would've been funnier if it included (Montreal Canadiens' goaltender) Carey Price!" :hammer:

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2010, 01:50:09 PM »
"It would've been funnier if it included (Montreal Canadiens' goaltender) Carey Price!" :hammer:

This. They probably didn't because TPTB would be worried it would have too much of Canadian feel, which could alienate some people from the USA. I hate to say this, but this might be right... not many people not with ties to Montreal or Canada rooted for the Expos, nor do many for the Habs.

Wish I could've gone to this taping, you all know my love of hockey! Even if it's Sidney and Alex O (and Roenick, I don't get why him), this is something I'm really looking forward to, too bad I'm nowhere near a TV then.

I'm just concerned about Ovie's ability to speak any sort of understandable English- have him describe the car, will give Mikey a forced loss for sure!

Ovechkin's should be centered around things for the new baby in your life, and Sid's should be about how to save a franchise.

Crosby's the crybaby, he should be hosting/feautured Eazy, with one of the prizes being a Casey Kaysem crib, if you ask me.

I actually really like Ovechkin (got his autograph in the playoffs last year), he should be be featured in a Lada SC.

Worst thing about this is that I didn't go; this is a dream show for me. :(
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 01:58:24 PM by prizes22 »
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline wrkbinroc

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 01:55:10 PM »
I haven't seen the article, but with Ovy and Sid, I could bet a good buck as to what event the showcase will be centered around...

Ovechkin's should be centered around things for the new baby in your life, and Sid's should be about how to save a franchise.
It's common sense, apparently to not put gifs here.

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2010, 04:32:10 PM »
This. They probably didn't because TPTB would be worried it would have too much of Canadian feel, which could alienate some people from the USA. I hate to say this, but this might be right... not many people not with ties to Montreal or Canada rooted for the Expos, nor do many for the Habs.

I disagree! While it's true that they'd be iffy at the idea of showcasing (no pun intended) players from a Canadian team, the real reason they didn't pick Carey Price is because he's not involved in the event related to the showcase (it's hard to discuss it without spoilers), where Sid and Ovy are! As for Roenick... I dunno! Isn't he with NBC Sports, now? Or am I confusing with Brett Hull?

Now, that being said, a similar showcase presented by Carey Price and Jarome Iginla a few months from now isn't entirely impossible...

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2010, 04:34:22 PM »

If you ask me, it should be the other way around! ;)

Offline Prizes

• Director
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 05:29:20 PM »
the real reason they didn't pick Carey Price is because he's not involved in the event related to the showcase , where Sid and Ovy are!

Ahh, okay. See, I didn't read or see the spoiler yet, so thanks for that; as I choose to be unspoiled. I'd have no idea otherwise. Now I get it, though; I won't spoil anyone... it makes sense if you follow hockey, at all. That makes much more sense, given that perspective. I appreciate your explanation, it makes much more sense. :)

Boy, I'd love it, though, if they gave tickets to the Heritage Game, though! It'd be something else.

Finally made it in life!

Offline Prizes

• Director
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 09:54:19 PM »
Okay, I just read some stuff from Yahoo Sports on this, there are some really funny things on this...

If the Capitals were playing plinko, that coin [chip] would drop into the zero slot every time of late.

This is not only funny, but worthy of note... wonder if they'll have them both sign a Plinko chip. Seems to be a logical game for Monday, since one could argue the Plinko chips look like pucks.

Is the show long enough for Jeremy Roenick to talk?

This could be a problem; what gets cut as a result of this? Still a certainly ROFL moment from me, it's very true from what I've seen of ice hockey footage in the States these days.

I hope they don't put up jewelry and ***** hygiene products up for bid, Cindy [Crosby] will guess them all right on the money.

Ted and Voltron, look out!

Finally made it in life!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2010, 11:28:24 PM »
My knee-jerk reaction to this was, "Consider the shark jumped. You've got to be kidding me." But as much as I can't stand the incessant Crosby-Ovechkin drooling, I've realized that this is actually a great thing for hockey. They may be overhyped, but they're hockey's Kobe and LeBron... the two most popular (and best) players in their sport. So it's a pretty big achievement for TPIR to get them to come on the show. Without question, they'll be the biggest sports stars to ever appear on TPIR. This is some nice exposure for hockey... as questionable as their decision have been in the past couple of years, this is definitely one thing TPTB at TPIR got right.

Let's not forget Jeremy Roenick, though... love him or hate him, he's got a great personality and was a big fan-favorite. Good choice to get him on the show, as well.

Offline Sizeman

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Walking The Golden Road - after 20 years
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2010, 03:23:22 AM »
Plain and simple.... I love the attention Price is giving to the NHL teams. Kudos to them for doing it. (yes I'm 100% Canadian so I'm quite biased)
But hockey is a great sport. Can't wait for the World Juniors starting up in Buffalo in a couple of weeks!

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2010, 02:26:49 PM »
Let's not forget Jeremy Roenick, though... love him or hate him, he's got a great personality and was a big fan-favorite. Good choice to get him on the show, as well.

Not to mention that that's one spiffy jersey he's wearing.  :-D
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2010, 02:44:00 PM »
I actually can't wait to see Sid the Kid, considering he was Canada's overtime hero in the Olympic gold-medal hockey match :-D
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2010, 08:27:28 AM »
They mentioned Ovechkin, Crosby, and Roenick's appearance on the show today on Around the Horn and Pardon the Interuption on ESPN.

On Around the Horn, one of the panelist/writers commented that she wanted to see them play pricing games and was disappointed that they'd only be in the showcase (and she called it the showcase).

On PTI, Tony Kornheiser liked that they'd be appearing, while Michael Wilbon thought it was stupid because he didn't think housewives watch hockey. They were playing Report Card, were they give grades to different sport subjects and events. Tony gave their appearance a B-(?) and Wilbon gave it an F.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2010, 09:10:55 AM »
That might be one of the best temporary updates to a game, ever.

Nice way to start off Christmas week.
+1
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2010, 12:06:33 PM »
+1

Just a friendly headsup, John specifically outlawed this behavior not that long ago.  In his own words:

I haven't cracked down on this, however it's become more and more prevalent in our recent posts...

I'd ask that we refrain from the "+1" post lingo.  Everyone will have a fair chance to stop before I "-1" posting access.

EDIT:  also where did that shot of Side by Side come from?  I looked but there's nothing like that in the GG.
Bazinga!