Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/17/2006  (Read 17241 times)

Offline Vexorg

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/17/2006
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2006, 05:19:14 PM »
The board ate my first post, so this'll be quick:

3 Strikes was pretty ugly.  I don't think I'd put it on the same level as that Ten Chances, but even Bob can figure out that you've guessed that before.

Bonkers:  Pretty good, although the one guess where he switched the first digit to low was inexplicable.

Not a bad episode overall, although the showcases were kind of lame.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 05:41:16 PM »
I missed the first two segments of the show thanks to my CBS affiliate interrupting with "important" breaking news.  That "important" news:  UPS in Louisville is hiring 4,700 new workers.  Speaking at this press conference was my state's governor, Ernie Fletcher, a man who is very soon gonna be somebody's girlfriend in federal prison.

PG #3 - Yay!  Half Off cue!  :-P  $1,855 for luggage?  Man, that one was screaming to be picked.

One-Bid #4 - And this is why we don't bid $1 out of fourth position.

PG #4 - Dice Game 4th for an Aveo!  :-D  :-D  :-D

PG #5 -  :-o  :-o  :-o  HOLY CRAP!  Dob finally played Coggy 5th!  :-P

PG #6 - "7 Windexes!  3 AZOs!"

My showcase bids - Van:  $30,000.  FRPOPS:  $18,000.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 05:50:15 PM »
Did Ignacia have a Fruedian slip?

*rewinds tape*

:-o  :-o  :-o  She certainly did say "Tiddy Cats"!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline OneDollarBob

• In the Audience
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 07:47:23 PM »
What a wacko bunch of contestants today.  Did anybody else think Mellisa's dance up to the big door was a little bit deranged??  And Ignacia was a total space cadet.  First she tried to bid $1300 right after Alice just bid $1300 (on the gas range), then she says "Tiddy Cats", and then when she spun the winning total on the wheel, she ran for the winner's spot and just kept going.  If staff had not corralled her back to center stage, she probably would have made it out into the parking lot.  Lots of obnoxious laughter as I replayed this one over and over again!

The line up was kinda ho-hum except for Three Strikes.  I'm tired of seeing Dice Game.  At least Thomas knew how to play Bonkers--and won.  The "Do's and Don'ts" showcase was incredibly stupid.  Do chain yourself to a chair?  Huh?

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2006, 07:55:51 PM »
Show #6384
WCIA was having problems, mainly with their audio signal during TPIR today.  My copy of TPIR has no audio for the first half, but WCIA's audio signal was restored at 10:31 AM CDT.

Showcase #1
Ghirardelli Chocolate Products, in which its last three appearances were in three consecutive Decembers (December 15, 2003 and December 21, 2004 & 2005).  What's it doing in May? - $800
10-day Panama Canal Cruise - $4,876
Ford Frestar SE - $25,080

Showcase #2
Ragtime West Player Guitar - $8,950
Pulaski Gesso Dining Group - $3,021
Yamaha VX110 Waverunner - $8,998

Modeling Report for May 17, 2006
Score to beat: $65,962

Rachel Reynolds
Total - $67,325
Won - $40,239 (59.77%)
Lost - $27,086 (40.23%)
Record - 6-2

Lanisha Cole
Deal - $77,779
Won - $12,918 (16.61%)
Lost - $64,861 (83.39%)
Record - 5-4
Wow, four sevens!  The last time all five digits in a modeling total were the same was in 1982.

Gabrielle Tuite
Total - $31,877
Won - $20,006 (31.94%)
Lost - $11,871 (68.06%)
Record - 6-1

All 20 prizes today totaled $148,876!

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2006, 08:21:50 PM »
Sure was some wild stuff today.

3 Strikes: By the time we were about half way through, I was beginning to see the strikes as yellow and the numbers as red.   :lol:

One Bid #2: It's the worldwide wrestling showdown!  :-D

Bonkers: Pretty darn good, although I would've gotten it with one try.

One Wrong Price: Easy as usual.

SCSD #1: Awwwwwwww, I was hoping Thomas would get in.  :-( I really didn't hope Jesse would make it.

One Bid #4: Forget pages, we need police!  :lol: Having smoker-quitter losenges is going a little to far.  What happened to having Rice A Roni?

Dice Game: Yippee!  :-D Dice Game fourth!

Coming or Going: Wow, that took a while.

Grocery Game: This game is getting really mean (unless you know that 7 Windex would be perfect).  :-x  $7.37 is a strange price for Tiddy Cats.  

Showcases: I was figuring $28K for the van and $16K for Port O' Price.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2006, 10:00:47 PM »
Pretty good show today-albeit the 3 Strikes segment left a lot to be desired. So I won't comment further on that.

Bonkers: Now that's how you play this game. No foolin' around here.

1 Wrong Price: Easy, i don't know of any kind of luggage that's 1800+

Dice Game: Nice, the car game is 4th. Tough loss.

Coming or Going: Whoa, didn't expect this 5th. It isn't often the "quickie" is played 5th. Nice win.

Grocery Game: Nasty. Even Hi-Lo has been more kindly to contestants lately than Grocery. I'm not even sure I could have won this today. You couldn't do the slam dunk on the Tums because 6 would put you over $21. Anyone know the price of the Windex-which to me obviously was the "cheapest" product up there and even that is probably $2.99 or such. Nasty.

Showcases: Jesse, what were you thinking? Good to see Ignacia win.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2006, 10:07:30 PM »
Well, it has to be said -- Jesse is quite possibly the worst 3 Strikes player I've ever seen.  I have no doubt that he was excited, but honestly, I was kind of relieved that he lost; he certainly wouldn't have deserved a win after that performance.  (And I wasn't too sad to see him lose the Showcase, either.)

Thomas, on the other hand...that is how you play Bonkers!  I don't care that he wasn't consistent on the first number -- his playing was just fun to watch, and his over-the-top actions all seemed genuine.

...you know something weird?  Bonkers was actually more exciting than 3 Strikes!

Melissa is easily the most violent denizen of Contestants' Row I've ever seen.  She actually pushed Thomas halfway across the Row!  I still don't know quite what to think of that, except that it was very strange.

Oddly enough, Melissa seemed very congenial when she actually got onstage. :-)

I don't know why, but there's something that just seems right about playing Dice Game fourth.

I'm not sure Alice was all there...she seemed halfway out of it while she was onstage.

That said, I don't think Coming or Going could possibly have been made any easier.

"Tiddy Cat."  Wow. :lol:

Frank15 wrote:  which to be frank

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

BobboChung wrote:  3 Strikes: Well, that was interesting. Jesse's poor memory on the 2 and the 3 cost him the car dearly. Without a doubt. But at least he made for some big entertaiment.

You apparently have a different definition of "entertaining" than I do.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2006, 09:58:16 AM »
Well, it has to be said -- Jesse is quite possibly the worst 3 Strikes player I've ever seen. I have no doubt that he was excited, but honestly, I was kind of relieved that he lost; he certainly wouldn't have deserved a win after that performance. (And I wasn't too sad to see him lose the Showcase, either.)

Steve, I wish I had as much nerve as you.  :-)

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2006, 10:35:48 AM »
3 Strikes: I am sorry, but that was a very frustrating playing. Anytime you see a car like tht offered, you want to see it won, but Jesse was either insanely nervous, or has never shopped for a Town Car before - or both, considering his poor memory throughout the playing.  :-?

Though, knowing we already had Golden Road recently, I was more than a little worried seeing Bob enter from the audience - I thought it was going to be THAT game.

IUFB #2: Where's Steve Wilkos when you need him?! Steve! Steve! Steve!

Bonkers: The only mistake I felt Thomas made was making two attempts with the first disc on lower (if you know where to get a $4,xxx GEM car, please call me!). Otherwise, that was a perfect demonstration how to play the game.. He hustled, and didn't waste time looking for help from the audience.. I wish we'd see that more often.

Needless to say, I was scratching my head over this one, though.. First GEM car I've seen that didn't end in 95...

One Wrong Price: May as well have pointed a neon arrow at that luggage.. While we occasionally get the FRT, that price at least looked right.. But $1,800+ for luggage? Uhhh, not on this show.

IUFB #4: Steve! Steve! I know, this was only a play fight this time... :lol: But I've said it before, and will say it again: NEVER bid $1 unless you're the fourth bidder.. ESPECIALLY when they had to have three contestants re-bid (because Ignacia also tried to bid $1,300 and Bob didn't catch it), and you already know Michael intends to bid $1!

Oy vey.

Dice Game: Rolling 3's and 4's is never helpful.. That being said, I had a rotten feeling the second he went against the odds. Sadly, my rotten feeling - and not his guess - was right.

Coming Or Going: Another insanely easy one for us LFAT's.. We've seen plenty of LCD HDTV's that end in 95, but none that end in 93...

Grocery Game: That was a brutal setup for the most part (though, if that Windex is still $3.00, then seven of those would've given it to you on the nose).. But 5 Tums?! Especially after the "Tiddy" Cats (or did she say Kitty? Didn't quite catch it). Ugh..

Showcases: I felt Ignicia had a pretty good bid, though mine was a bit higher ($29,000)... That being said, it was nice to see a fairly decent bid on a showcase with a Freestar, instead of the $23,000 and $24,000's we seem to get...

Jesse's bid, though, frustrated me.. Heck, I am getting frustrated with these $9,000 and $10,000 bids in general. It's 2006, not 1993. With the price of the Waverunner, and figuring the other prizes weren't exactly cheap, I was thinking $20,000 myself...

Oy.
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline Gerald78

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2006, 11:00:47 AM »
3X: Yeesh, what a...well I better stop before I get in trouble ;) but there's some interesting comment over at M. Ottinger's board on this game :D

Bonkers: Excellent playing!  Made up for the first game :P

1WP: Pretty easy

Dice: Kinda painful loss

CoG: Real easy

GG: Yikes, another evil set-up...where's the Pringles or index cards when you need them? :)

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2006, 12:06:24 PM »
Of course, with Jesse trying to bid $20,000 on the Towncar twice, it's not surprising that he severely underbid his showcase. On the other hand, what normal person goes shopping for automated guitars?

Did Bob point out the 30-second clock before Bonkers began? I was glad to see Thomas move so fast so that it didn't matter whether Bob had.

The light border at the top of the show is back to having a decent star filter on the lights (when they first switched to the new cameras, there was very little filter). They're not using the pre-recorded light border for the opening now, are they?
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline Gerald78

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2006, 04:57:04 PM »
"Did Bob point out the 30-second clock before Bonkers began? I was glad to see Thomas move so fast so that it didn't matter whether Bob had."

No, Bob didn't point out the clock for some reason - fortunely it didn't matter.