Author Topic: Static Cling Barker Double Feature  (Read 1148 times)

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
Static Cling Barker Double Feature
« on: January 08, 2011, 02:13:47 AM »
After personally getting a few static cling shocks while bundling up and walking on carpets, I was recalling how Mr. Barker was hit with static cling on two episodes that aired within one week from each other. So, here they both are. Enjoy.

January 29, 2004:

February 3, 2004:
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline offerta

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Static Cling Barker Double Feature
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 02:26:47 AM »
thanks ;)

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 06:18:39 PM »
I realize that this is a request out of pure laziness, but could somebody indicate where in each video Barker is shocked?
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline The Big Wheel

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 07:07:06 PM »
In the first video, it is during the first pricing game.  In the second video, it is during the first item up for bids.  Robin, in wardrobe, has a cameo appearance in both episodes.
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 02:48:00 PM »
Barker isn't actually shocked...he just has a ton of static eletricity in his pantlegs that starts to drive him crazy.  Robin from wardrobe comes out and sprays some kind of static guard on them, and she became a minor celebrity around these parts for a couple months.  I think we even had a picture of her and John from his and Marc's trip to the show a few weeks later for the taping of the "6,000th" episode.

By the way, is anyone else noticing some really bad audio/video desyncs on these shows?  It seems especially bad in the second episode's fifth game.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.