Author Topic: CSS Results for November 14  (Read 3827 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for November 14
« on: November 14, 2006, 02:09:53 PM »
Today was a rarity among rarities in CSS; in fact it's the first time this season that it's happened, and it took 41 games to get here:

NOBODY WENT OVER!!!

That's right, you will see NO red on the spreadsheet today! This is the good news. The bad news, however, is that if a combined difference > $10K = GARF, then all but two of us are members of the Garf Club.

Fiji... expensive. More so than I thought. Waverunners... will I ever get them right? Probably not, and there were two of them. But the spa is an expensive one (around $12K, I believe), Broyhill furniture, that that must have been some very fancy patio furniture.

Today's win is claimed by namnhu12, who also had the best bid on the Fiji showcase. The spa is claimed by Frank15, one of only three people gutsy enough to break $20K on the package.

In other news: Jordanar18 didn't win. :-D

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for November 14, 2006 -- Game 41
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: CSS Results for November 14
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 02:20:43 PM »
Oh My Gosh.

No red, but I can GUARANTEE (since I wasn't in chat!) that today's CSS could be renamed "GARF:  The All New CSS!"

...and I'm also positive that my "Garf of the Century" smilie was beaten to death today...

Wow.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 04:11:07 PM »
So, what is the record for the worst non-zero individual point score in a css (excluding stage player)?
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 04:17:59 PM »
Hey, I think that's the first time this season I've gotten the best bid on a single showcase!  Just too bad I Garfed the other.  Wonder if it was the Fiji trip or the waverunners that got me....

Ah well.  Not too bad, I guess .

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 04:25:04 PM »
I suck. :-P

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 04:36:36 PM »
When first place misses both showcases by over $5,000 and second place misses by almost $9,000, you can tell that both showcases were 100% EVIL!  
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 05:03:37 PM »

I, in last Friday's thread, wrote:

To put it bluntly, I sucked today. But it happens; you just have to learn from it and move on, and I guarantee right now that I won't mega-garf the next time we have two mondo showcases.

How could I guarantee I wouldn't mega-garf the next time it happened?  By sitting out the CSS due to seeing it in person, of course!  :-D

Oh, and now you know why I was so tickled pink when BuddyTom mentioned Fiji in the same thread.  :-D
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 05:44:03 PM »
Wow, everyone did great today!  BTW BuddyTom, love your new avatar :-D

See ya in chat tomorrow!
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2006, 09:28:33 PM »
Another so-so performance by me this week, but I knew I'd be pretty high up on the leaderboard since most everyone went low on the trip showcase. Like I said yesterday, at least I'm not going over.

Offline siowafc

• 11/15/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006, 10:10:17 PM »
What ever happened to the cute little 12-14K showcases? Everything has been so expensive lately. Either TPIR has been offering some really weird showcases or inflation has made everything way more expensive than it was since the last time I watched TPIR consistently about 4 years ago.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2006, 10:21:58 PM »
Before I head off to bed, I dabbled in making a smilie.  Here's my interpretation of one to use for a 0-for-6 show:

Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2006, 10:41:23 PM »
Great job!  And I made these: (which I think we can use a little more often :-D )

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2006, 11:07:38 PM »
Those are creative, but I'm not sure we should use smileys during the Showcases. It could create borks for some people at the worst possible time.

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2006, 11:08:59 PM »
Do smileys really cause borks?  I think that's a myth for the most part.

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2006, 11:25:01 PM »
As to smileys and borking, I think it depends on the user's computer, configuration, and connection speed. I find that too many animated smileys can cause me to bork (if everyone uses the dancing fruit at once, or the bananas). During CSS, I'd err on the side of caution. After the reveals, though, I think anything goes.

Of course, it's all up to you. If we have a FRT+FRBSC, you may WANT to bork the chat so you don't all go up in smoke. :-D
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!