3 (10%)
N64
4 (13.3%)
Wii/DS
15 (50%)
Other
5 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Best video game version of Wheel of Fortune  (Read 1718 times)

Offline leafsfan17

• Double Showcase Winner
Best video game version of Wheel of Fortune
« on: January 11, 2011, 10:28:55 AM »
What do you think is the best video game version of Wheel of Fortune?
Dr. Pepper: Not recommended for Skype chats

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
Re: Best video game version of Wheel of Fortune
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 10:49:09 AM »
i haven't played the wii or DS version. I have only played the NES or SNES. Therefore I chose SNES
HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 10:29:01 PM »
The current iPod/iPhone version is my favorite, although for just versions on consoles my choice would be the Nintendo 64 version.

Offline holein1isawesome

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 02:26:43 PM »
I like any version that isn't all-cash like the Sega CD, PS1, PS2, and PC where they had prizes on the Wheel.

Offline kassilynn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 06:54:30 PM »
Throughtout the years, I've had SO many "Wheel of Fortune" video games, I remember the one featuring the lovely Vanna on the NES and that was the only one that looked a bit like her in the actual game ( unlike the other three editions ), then I had the deluxe edition to the SNES, and then the Sega Game Gear, then the PC version with the dancing wedges, then the N64, and I still have the 1998 PC version and the Playstation version and the Playstation 2 version.

But I voted for the Nintendo Wii and DS "Wheel of Fortune" because I have both of them and they're a BLAST to play !
Especially the Wii one, everything looks SO real, from the opening graphics, to the studio audience cheering and applauding, to the music cuts, to the different location settings, to Pat and Vanna walking out on stage ( that's my favorite part ! ) and I can't help but giggle a little when the camera cuts to Pat when he walks up to the helm, so cool !  Vanna, of course, gorgeous as always and her gowns are so beautiful but on the DS one, she dosen't even talk, but it's still fun to play.

And of course, I can't forget the late Charlie O' Donnell and from the openings to the descriptions to the prize vacations, I feel like I'm watching the real deal.
He will surely be missed.
"Say whatever you want to about me, my artwork, etc, I don't really care.
If you don't want me or even like me, then I'm DAMN sure am not gonna let myself want OR
like YOU !"

^ That's my message to all you haters and people who are negative when it comes to me.

Offline Rlotpir1972

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 10:30:57 PM »
I made an all text version on the Apple //e back in 1989.

Offline bp2

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 03:35:06 PM »
my favorite would be the N-64 just because i miss the old wheel configuration too much

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 07:18:46 PM »
Just played the Wii version again this afternoon.  Great stuff (as is the Jeopardy adaptation).

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 07:21:40 PM »
I like the Wii version a lot, but I think my favorite one is the N64 version.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 07:42:41 PM »
uhh..Surprised this hasn't been brought up yet. BigJon's version of Wheel? lol. I voted for it in the "other" category because it beats Wii's version clearly tenfold.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline wheelfan1991

• Walking the Golden Road
  • "If you overbid ONE MORE TIME!!!"
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 10:29:45 PM »
As much as I love the BigJon version, the Wii version is the best ever....hands down....it's about time Pat made his debut in the video game!
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino

Offline PriceFan07

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2011, 01:36:33 AM »
uhh..Surprised this hasn't been brought up yet. BigJon's version of Wheel? lol. I voted for it in the "other" category because it beats Wii's version clearly tenfold.

As fantastic as BJ's WoF game is I honestly can't see how anyone could ever say that it's better than the Wii game. The only negative thing about the Wii game is the avatar cheering between each correct guess. Everything else is essentially flawless. It's the most true-to-the-real-thing game show video game adaptation I've ever seen (haven't played the Jeopardy! game, so I can't comment on that one).
Get Ready to Price the Prize!
George Gray! Rachel Reynolds! Amber Lancaster! Manuela Arbelaez! Alexis Gaube! And James O'Halloran!
As we play the fabulous, sixty-minute Price is Right!
And here's the star of The Price is Right - Drew Carey!

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 10:28:39 PM »
I only have the DS version but I was surprised at how realistic it was, especially the sound effects.  Don't like the spin for the final round (the smaller wheel, the one that says "Spin & Win America's Game") because there's no "feel" that you're really getting the card you land on - there's no hand grabbing the card.

Also wish the wheel would land on the $5,000 spot during the "Final Spin" once in a while.  It does happen on the TV show.
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.