Author Topic: Your own TPIR ep  (Read 7532 times)

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
Re: Your own TPIR ep
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 11:51:26 AM »
What kind of handbags? K-Mart ($15 apiece)? Coach (100-700 apiece)? Prada (1000+ apiece)?

</female>

If we're being realistic, probably the Coach range.  The thing about Master Key is that it is one of the few games where the actual price of the prizes is never given, but the non-car prizes are generally in the $1000-$2500 range.

(As for the specific brand...that probably depends on which brands are still on speaking terms with the show.  I know at least one has objected to a show as 'crass' as The Price is Right diluting their brand.)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 12:30:18 PM »
1. Golden Road for a PlayStation 3, a trip to the Indianapolis 500, and a McLaren F1
2. Flip Flop for a trip to Tahiti
3. Pay the Rent for $250,000
4. Temptation for a Porsche 911 R
5. Punch A Bunch for $50,000
6. Push Over for a Harley Davidson motorcycle
And you thought I would have killed off the show...
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Offline wheelfan1991

• Walking the Golden Road
  • "If you overbid ONE MORE TIME!!!"
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2011, 12:36:00 PM »
My dream line-up:

IUFB 1: His & Her Tag Hauer Watches
PG1: Golden Road for a Nintendo Wii Package, Yamaha Digital Piano, and a 2011 Dodge Viper SRT10
IUFB 2: 36" Sony Bravia HDTV
PG2: PLiNKO
IUFB3: 64 GB iPhone 4 and iPad
PG3: Clock Game for a Coach Handbag/Acessories Collection & HP Laptop Computer
IUFB 4: Car Stereo System
PG4: One Away for a 2011 Ford Taurus SE
IUFB 5: 4 Pair of His/Her Dolce Gabana Sunglasses
PG5: Double Prices for a 6n Trip to Bangkok
IUFB 6: Ping Golf Set
PG6 (which I know this probably wouldn't happen): Pay the Rent

What ya'll think of that?
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” —Og Mandino

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 12:55:56 PM »
My dream line-up:

IUFB 1: His & Her Tag Hauer Watches
PG1: Golden Road for a Nintendo Wii Package, Yamaha Digital Piano, and a 2011 Dodge Viper SRT10
IUFB 2: 36" Sony Bravia HDTV
PG2: PLiNKO
IUFB3: 64 GB iPhone 4 and iPad
PG3: Clock Game for a Coach Handbag/Acessories Collection & HP Laptop Computer
IUFB 4: Car Stereo System
PG4: One Away for a 2011 Ford Taurus SE
IUFB 5: 4 Pair of His/Her Dolce Gabana Sunglasses
PG5: Double Prices for a 6n Trip to Bangkok
IUFB 6: Ping Golf Set
PG6 (which I know this probably wouldn't happen): Pay the Rent

What ya'll think of that?
Make Grocery Game last. Otherwise, it rocks.
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Offline wrkbinroc

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2011, 02:36:45 PM »
If we're being realistic, probably the Coach range.  The thing about Master Key is that it is one of the few games where the actual price of the prizes is never given, but the non-car prizes are generally in the $1000-$2500 range.

(As for the specific brand...that probably depends on which brands are still on speaking terms with the show.  I know at least one has objected to a show as 'crass' as The Price is Right diluting their brand.)

Yes, thats perfectly accurate.  I was just going for a realistic lineup more than anything else.
It's common sense, apparently to not put gifs here.

Offline kassilynn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2011, 03:07:58 PM »
Can the Barker era be included as well ?  Here's mine:

Most Expensive (retired 1984-2009 set): Daybed, Gallery Clock, and Bumper Pool Table (second thoughts is the cue),
Grocery Game: Trip to New York City,
Temptation: Sportscar (bean stalker is the cue), Flatware, 2 electric guitars, Motorscooter, Gas Range w/ self cleaning oven,
Punch A Bunch (old setup & podiums and the $10k sign on the turntable) $10,000 cash,
Safe Crackers: Snowmobile & Snowmobile hemlets w/ goggles (phaser is the cue),
Money Game: Jeep 4x4 (spelling bee car cue).

Showcase 1: "Around the World" His and Hers Luggage, Trips to Hawaii, Australia, and Italy.
Showcase 2: "TPiR Train Depot" (chatanooga choo-choo is the cue) Dinette, Barbeque Grill, Spa.

I'm actually taking mine one step further, I'm actually putting my own classic TPiR's on sketch paper !  I've written down my own TPiR show (what I listed above) on scrap paper and now I'm drawing it out.  I've decided to go with the Barker era for mine, taking place in the early-mid 90s, the old big doors w/ just the logo, the red turntable carpeting, Bob is the host and Rod is the announcer.  
"Say whatever you want to about me, my artwork, etc, I don't really care.
If you don't want me or even like me, then I'm DAMN sure am not gonna let myself want OR
like YOU !"

^ That's my message to all you haters and people who are negative when it comes to me.

Offline hmtriplecrown

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2011, 04:15:00 PM »
Most Expensive (retired 1984-2009 set): Daybed, Gallery Clock, and Bumper Pool Table (second thoughts is the cue),
Grocery Game: Trip to New York City,
Temptation: Sportscar (bean stalker is the cue), Flatware, 2 electric guitars, Motorscooter, Gas Range w/ self cleaning oven,
Punch A Bunch (old setup & podiums and the $10k sign on the turntable) $10,000 cash,
Safe Crackers: Snowmobile & Snowmobile hemlets w/ goggles (phaser is the cue),
Money Game: Jeep 4x4 (spelling bee car cue).

Showcase 1: "Around the World" His and Hers Luggage, Trips to Hawaii, Australia, and Italy.
Showcase 2: "TPiR Train Depot" (chatanooga choo-choo is the cue) Dinette, Barbeque Grill, Spa.
Stop being realistic!

Mine:

Balance Game:  Your weight in gold.
Hi-Lo:  Australia.  Not a trip there.  The country of Australia.
It's Optional:  The Batmobile and the rarely-seen Batscooter.
Secret X:  A 51% stake in Google and Microsoft.
Fortune Hunter:  The Moon, Mars, Venus, and Neptune.
Pick-a-Number:  The White House.

Offline TPIR75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2011, 07:50:51 PM »
PG #1: Clock Game (Treadmil & Daybed)
PG #2: Lucky Seven (Chevrolet Malibu)
PG #3: Pick-a-Pair (Living Room)
PG #4: Most Expensive (Bar Set, Grandfather Clock, HD TV)
PG #5: Temptation (Buick LaCrosse, Stereo components, range, apothecary chest, fishbowl of cash)
PG #6: Bonus Game (Sailboat, blender, cd case, board game, blu-ray player)
SC #1: Port 'O Price (Dinette set, player piano, jet ski)
SC #2: Main Street (Entertainment center, refridgerator/freezer, soda bar, sofa, Chevrolet Silverado)

Offline AthleticsFan

• In Contestant's Row
    • Strat-O-NASCAR Channel Forum
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2011, 10:47:42 PM »
Now Here's My Own TPIR Episode

Host: Drew Carey
Announcer: George Gray (or Shawn Cosgrove - from Aussie TPIR)
Models (Crossover between 2003 AUS and Current USA with No Male Models sorry Adam Wells): Manuela Arbelaez, Rachel Reynolds, Gwendolyn Osborne, Samantha Steele (Get Ready for a Second Chance!), Sarita Stella-Holland, Kathy Lloyd, Danielle Atkin, Kimberly Chen and Hayley Marie Norman (from NBC's Deal or No Deal; Good Candidate to replace Lanisha)
Theme Music: 2007 TPIR Theme (or if Shawn; 2003 Australian Version (That's a Remix of the 1989 (Turpie) & 1993 (Emdur) Version)
Prize Cues: Same as USA's but we added in several prize cues from the Australia (Turpie and Emdur's) to go along with it

PG1: Squeeze Play - Beachcomber hot tub. (seats 5; ARP: $7,244) (Gwendolyn)
PG2: Grocery Game - Bedroom Set (Ethan Allen Modern; bed, nightstands, dresser, armoire; Comfortaire GS700 king mattress) + dry-cleaning for a year. (ARP: $14,243) (Gwendolyn)
PG3: Bump (same setup as Australia's so we put it back for good) - 25.5 cu.ft. Refrigerator ($2,859) (Rachel and Gwendolyn) and Billiards table (Marsconi Chandler II; ARP: $1,100) (Kimberly and Samantha)
PG4: Superball (Making a grand revival after a 13 year hiatus) -  Home Gym (Inspire M3) ($3,495) (Samantha and Kathy), Home office set (Ashley Carlyle) + tablet computer. (Dell; 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD)  ($4,278) (Hayley),  trip to Japan. (RT coach LA to Osaka ride to Kyoto, 6n hotel, cooking class + sake tasting) ($9,641) (Rachel) [$17,414 prize package]
PG5: Lucky Seven - 2011 Hyundai Accent GS 3-door. (110hp engine; ARP: $14,510) (Kathy)
PG6: Double Prices - Trip to Cancun (Hotel and Price You Decide) (All Models in Swimwear)

Showcase 1 - May feature tickets to the 2011 NBA Finals and Stanley Cup
Showcase 2 - May feature tickets to the Super Bowl, 2011 MLB All Star Game and World Series

Offline Anastasia Beaverhausen

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2011, 11:28:45 PM »
TripleCrown, Greece or Iceland would be much cheaper than Australia. ;) Ireland, too.

True. I did see an episode on youtube recently (I think it was Swap Meet? Easy as 1-2-3? Something like that) that had a collection of Marc Jacobs bags. :drool:

Hmmm.

1. Pathfinder - Ford F150
2. Grocery Game - home theater system (flat-panel LCD HDTV, DVD player, full sound system)
3. Bullseye, whichever version they play now - trip to Holland
4. I'm thinking Professor Price, just to give today's audiences a "WTF is that?!!", but in seriousness: It's in the Bag.
5. Money Game - 1958 Plymouth Fury. Red & white.
6. Hit Me - bedroom group; a dark wood sleigh bed and matching dresser and armoire

Showcase 1: Round the world - NYC, Munich, Sydney
Showcase 2: Collection of Betsey Johnson shoes and handbags, a VW Beetle painted Betsey style.

Hrm. I guess I really like grocery games?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 11:37:44 PM by Anastasia Beaverhausen »

Offline Rlotpir1972

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2011, 12:48:23 AM »
Here are my picks:

Triple Play: Ford Focus S, Ford Fusion Hybrid, Ford Taurus SHO
Squeeze Play: 14-day Carribean Cruise
Shell Game: Game room package includes Pool Table, Bar set, Arcade Machine
Credit Card: Lawn Tractor, Grandfather Clock, Train Set, Queen-Size Bed, Dinette Set, Refrigerator/Freezer
$25,000 Punch-A-Bunch: Plus 4 3-digit prizes
That's Optional: Two Honda Civics

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2011, 01:05:50 AM »
Not only the show but probably the entire network. Plus The Balance Game isn't really suitable for Cars

Obviously not for the show itself. It's been played for a car 5 times:

10/12/06, 10/1/08, 2/11/09, 6/22/09, 1/10/10

Offline wrkbinroc

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2011, 12:34:42 PM »
Stop being realistic!

Mine:

Balance Game:  Your weight in gold.
Hi-Lo:  Australia.  Not a trip there.  The country of Australia.
It's Optional:  The Batmobile and the rarely-seen Batscooter.
Secret X:  A 51% stake in Google and Microsoft.
Pick-a-Number:  The White House.

Made my day.
It's common sense, apparently to not put gifs here.

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2011, 01:28:25 PM »
3 Strikes (5 numbers, 1 strike in bag) for a Lincoln Town Car
Bullseye for a trip to Hawaii
Shopping Spree for an LCD HD TV, a chair and ottoman, a dinette set, and a refrigerator/freezer
Balance Game for a Beachcomber hot tub
Spelling Bee for a Nissan Sentra
Magic # for a pool table and an X-box 360/Playstation 3/Nintendo Wii gaming package

Online tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2011, 02:13:00 PM »
...and the $5000 too!
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP