Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 1/27/2011 (Kathy Greco's last episode)  (Read 45999 times)

Offline richfieldsfan

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: TPiR Recap - 1/27/2011 (Kathy Greco's last episode)
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2011, 01:18:37 AM »
Yes, but they found room to include Drew in the clips, even though she and Drew only worked together for three and a half years.

Your point is....???????????

I figure Bob is edited out over the royalty thing, look at how they made damn sure he wasn't in those clips with "Cynthia" that won the car last year. Remember when they found the clip of her being on the show in the 70s they played during the big wheel, Bob was edited out of that also. Gotta be the reason

Sad to see Kathy go, and quite frankly, Drew overdid just a bit. I thought he was promoting Sadie Hawkins day, for crying out loud

Secret X expected to be won? I think not.
Master Key, good to see it's still in the rotation and can be won. Seems like we get wins with this having one of the keys as a dud, weird

Who cares about all the other games. Truly gonna miss Kathy and they nailed her good with a surprise. You can tell nobody leaked it out, and it was great

Offline richfieldsfan

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2011, 01:20:00 AM »
Two words: "Personality rights"

That'd be Frank Greco, seeing as how Frank Wayne has been dead for 22 years.

Not if it was Usenet, they'd swear his corpse was there(ah, that part of the internet should be burned down and forgotten)

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2011, 01:31:49 AM »
Your point is...
Royalties? No, they want people to associate Price with Drew now more than anything.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Dietevil

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2011, 05:15:49 AM »
I only saw the Showcase (thanks to Wayoshi and his youtube page), and I thought it was a nice send-off.

I was actually surprised that Drew didn't comment (as he loves to do) on the Showcase winner pricing the BMW + the TV at just a touch more than $23,300.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2011, 09:17:22 AM »
So everyone on staff got one of those "Salute to that Great Member of Our Staff" showcases in the mid-70s?

Second showcase was the best they've done in a very long time.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2011, 09:56:35 AM »
Nice sendoff for Kathy...2 SP games in the same show, and the entire second half featuring games created by her (Pick-a-Pair, Line em Up, Secret "X"). I had a bad feeling that the Camaro Showcase was overbid on a bit.

SN: I'm sure that I'm not the only one, but did anybody else expect Check-Out to be played on this show, since Kathy also created that game?

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2011, 10:17:56 AM »
Royalties? No, they want people to associate Price with Drew now more than anything.

Well, you know, that's perfectly acceptable considering he's been the host now for nearly 5 years.

I'm not quite sure why anybody finds this unacceptable... you generally don't promote the old to promote the new.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 10:22:10 AM by mrbrown2195 »
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline richfieldsfan

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2011, 11:23:04 AM »
No one's been able to find any data on what's airing tomorrow, even with the photo site giving production numbers.  It may very well just be a rerun.

What's a photo site? Where is it at?

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2011, 11:37:21 AM »
I'm gonna be nit-picky, for once, but if you're gonna go a Kathy Greco appreciation day, announce it before the item up for bids, not right before playing the Pricing Game.

That being said, I thought it was a great send-off, and Kathy got a good surprise with the special tribute showcase.

One thing I have to say ... In the last frew weeks (years?) there were people questionning whether Drew cares about the show or not! While I won't say that Drew cares about the show as much as Bob, Roger or Kathy did, the emotion he showed prior, and even more after the tribute showcase shows that he does care, probably more than we thought! Hell, Drew couldn't even speak after the showcase, it took him forever to ask for the bid.

It really rubs me the wrong way that Fingers got all this special treatment for a whole show, even having a showcase dedicated to her, while Roger, who, frankly, was far, far more instrumental to the show's success than she was, got nothing.

I understand you point, but let's be real, Steve! You brought the "if it was a regular job, Drew would be fired" argument, the other day, and it applies here too! If someone gets fired after 36 years, no matter the reason, they won't do a retirement party. Kathy left on her own accord! Besides, what do you tell Roger? "Yeah, we fired you, but please come back for a tribute!" ?

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2011, 12:12:21 PM »
The show was pretty good, but it could've been better, IMHO.

Happy retirement, Kathy!  Thanks for everything!
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2011, 02:06:25 PM »
I know this website is particularly sour towards the firing of the DOB, and yes it is completely unfair...but let's not let what happened in July '08 lower our enjoyment / farewells.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline richfieldsfan

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2011, 02:48:01 PM »
I know this website is particularly sour towards the firing of the DOB, and yes it is completely unfair...but let's not let what happened in July '08 lower our enjoyment / farewells.

I'm glad somebody finally said it, because I was about to do it

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2011, 04:11:38 PM »
Switch: Meh
Coming: Meh
Master: YESH ANOTHER one of my all time favs came out of the shadows!!!! AND IT WAS WON :-D :-D
Pair: I had no idea Fingers created Pair, but nice win anyway :-D Fingers created ALL my favs it seems  :-D
Line: Half-Meh
X: YESH ANOTHER one of my favs was played, but Im peeved Mike couldnt be generous and made it a three car day. I REALLY wanted a classic car- or a car at least- for X :-x

Showcases: I dont talk about the showcases that often, but the one for Fingers made me cry.

Awesomeness Meter: 8 out of 10
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 04:13:28 PM by silverice878 »
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2011, 06:07:03 PM »
I must say, I liked the episode was centered around Fingers.  It was neat to see how much the staff did for her to wish her a happy retirement.  (And having two SP games was pretty neat, too!)  Thanks for all the fun over the years Kathy, and I wish you the best in your restful retirement. 

This episode was truly a celebration of Finger's 35 wonderful years at Price.

Now if it were Mike's last show, it would just be a celebration...
1,700 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2011, 07:35:08 PM »
If Roger wasn't fired from the show, then they might have given Roger a similar send-off.

I'm fully aware of this.  That doesn't mean it doesn't piss me off.

Very obvious a lot of admiration between Drew and Kathy.

The only thing Drew might admire Fingers for is not trying to get him to do things the right way like Roger did.  She hasn't really done a whole hell of a lot of producing in the last two and a half years.

I understand you point, but let's be real, Steve! You brought the "if it was a regular job, Drew would be fired" argument, the other day, and it applies here too! If someone gets fired after 36 years, no matter the reason, they won't do a retirement party.

Actually, they did.  I've seen the pictures.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.