Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 1/27/2011 (Kathy Greco's last episode)  (Read 45837 times)

Offline PaladinTornado

• In Contestant's Row
Re: TPiR Recap - 1/27/2011 (Kathy Greco's last episode)
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2011, 09:52:44 PM »
Two words: "Personality rights"

That'd be Frank Greco, seeing as how Frank Wayne has been dead for 22 years.

Ah, of course!  My mistake  :evil:

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2011, 01:29:41 AM »
Actually, they did.  I've seen the pictures.

They did have a retirement party for Roger (and I too have seen the pictures... just look on his facebook if you're friends with him).

Obviously, it was after he knew he wasn't coming back, which was after the season had wrapped -- they're obviously not going to have an on-air tribute to the guy, though, since he was effectively fired.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline Macsen

• The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2011, 07:21:54 AM »
Okay, quick question, and I'm only asking because I could not find these in the TPiR timeline in the FAQ area.

Which episode featured the original salute to Kathy Greco in 1978?

Which episodes did Kathy model on in 1994?

In which episode did Kathy dance with Drew? I know from the set that it was Season 36, so it's the first half of 2007.
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2011, 12:01:04 PM »
In which episode did Kathy dance with Drew? I know from the set that it was Season 36, so it's the first half of 2007.

I don't believe it ever made it to air... heck, I think the only reason we found out about it was because somebody was at that taping and mentioned it here or on YouTube.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2011, 02:47:10 PM »
Didn't it come off a blooper roll from a Price Christmas party?...
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Online tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2011, 02:56:29 PM »
Which episode featured the original salute to Kathy Greco in 1978?
Which episodes did Kathy model on in 1994?
A)Unknown...it wouldn't surprise me if it was around the time of Roger's.
B)Potentially April 21.

They should have had Frank model some golf clubs for a one-bid!
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2011, 03:56:18 PM »
Sorry I'm just now getting to this.

I have to admit that they should've placed Master Key as the second game. Having two quickies in the first slot was a no-no because the segment wound up ending at about 11:05 where it usually ends at 11:08

What a nice win in Master key though! Did anyone else actually get confused and thinking a new game was going to be played when Drew was saying that they occasionally have "new game meetings" and Kathy had a small portion for inventing this one?

How did I know Secret X was going to be played last? Boy that game actually built up some suspense when the middle column nearly got stuck as it was coming around. It was also weird that Kathy didn't set the game up for a win since it was her last show. Oh well.

Now here is one area that nobody ever seems to throw Drew a bone for. I know a lot of you think he's a terrible host, but one thing I have to give him credit for is his character. He seems always try to make not only the cast, but the off-camera crew feel apart of the show. Bob wasn't always the greatest in the later years of the show of making it seem like a family show. Drew always try to interact a little with the models and announcers. When Bob started having all of these lawsuits he became the type of game show host that Summer Bartholomew said Pat wasn't this type of host where "I'm the host and you stand over there". Even though Drew can pound things into the ground throughout the show, he did a great job of recognizing Kathy for her departure and achievements for the show. It was also kind of cool how this showcase reminded me of a showcase from way back when entitled, "Janice Pennington, THIS is your Strife!" I even loved the look Kathy had when Drew told her it was a fake showcase they rehearsed. She almost looked like Janice too when she was surprised.

Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2011, 11:57:58 AM »
Even though this is a 30 day bump, it was great that they reran this show today for grecos last day.  She is so missed.

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2011, 12:01:41 PM »
Even though this is a 30 day bump, it was great that they reran this show today for grecos last day.  She is so missed.

It's all right, it was a rerun.

One note - during Pick-a-Pair, when the first product was lifted up, Drew made some sort of noise not unlike the Penny Ante SFX. Wonder what that was about.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2011, 12:04:19 PM »
Actually lately if i have turned the reruns on, i have muted the show.  I just happened to look at the showcase and saw kathy up there. Brought tears to my eyes again.

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2011, 02:01:12 PM »
Watching Fingers' last show again, I have to give Drew a lot of credit. He handled it very well.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2011, 02:03:51 PM »
I agree, during the showcase, he almost looked like he wanted to break down and cry, but re composed himself, unless he did break down and it was edited.   She is dearly missed on the show.

Offline CROCODlLE

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2011, 08:49:26 AM »
How did I know Secret X was going to be played last? Boy that game actually built up some suspense when the middle column nearly got stuck as it was coming around. It was also weird that Kathy didn't set the game up for a win since it was her last show. Oh well. 

A few folks thought maybe she did it on purpose for her 'real' fans. She's known for setting games up for loses, why not go out on a forced loss?

I like to think the show was hoping someone who knew her would get picked from the audience that day and would have out-Greco'd her. But I guess they only had run-of-the-mill contestants.

One thing is for sure, if *I* had been on that stage, *I* would have known that X was at the bottom! I called it as soon as the game came out.