Author Topic: CSS Results for 2/3/2011  (Read 1467 times)

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
CSS Results for 2/3/2011
« on: February 03, 2011, 12:40:38 PM »
Well, this word sums up most of your playings today...

FAILURE

35 of 38 players FAILED to score today.  Man o man o man. 10 Double Overbids  :-(

Kendall's signature xx,284 today yields HER the top spot and the DSW today.  Wolfman follows in 2nd, and Army gets the bronze.  1 players score didn't count since it came in very late (1 minute behind all the other 37 bids).

Punchboard91, man.... one day 521 works, the next day, it doesn't </Project Runway>

Check out the bloodshed below

[attachment deleted by admin]
BigJon's TPIR will live on - CSS Host - 2nd Season; CSS Statistician 3rd Season

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Re: CSS Results for 2/3/2011
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 12:40:56 PM »
ugh What a day of F-A-I-L.....Oh That's A Lose!
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 12:50:09 PM »
Great, I have good bids for once, and I'm late. When I got these bids in, the show had not come back from ads, from my market, so I thought it was fair game. Drat. Fair is fair, though.

My problem, I think, was this: I price items individually, and I couldn't add up quickly enough (I used some obscure numbers in there). I had my guesses for the items set up in plenty of time, but not the totals.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline Wolfman2000

• In the Audience
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 01:21:37 PM »
Wow...best raw score. Definitely won't argue with today.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 03:47:10 PM »
If only I switched my bids.....tsk, tsk.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 06:23:39 PM »
Thank God I didnt play today :-D
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 06:50:33 PM »
Admittedly I messed up on the Nissan Cube, but it doesn't really matter now, does it?

Sooner or later I'm going to learn that those Ultimate Garage showcases are usually dirt cheap.  But for now, it's another one of these:

:headbang:

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 02:19:50 AM »
$26,300/$31,100... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! How did Armadillo survive this?! I correctly predicted that no more than five people would outlast this carnage, but there is no way in heck that I could have foreseen Armadillo not going over today.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 09:19:22 AM »
Simple:  I still think Rangers are $15,000.  :-P

(That, and I probably drastically undersized the Internet radio thing while playing blind, which undoubtedly helped.)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline KrazyKendall

• Outside in Line
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 11:20:21 AM »
I didn't see where these were that difficult :-P

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 04:35:10 PM »
Simple:  I still think Rangers are $15,000.  :-P
I do too... so I must have went wrong on the other stuff.

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 09:48:47 PM »
That's your Talladega-style CSS Big One right there... with several players flipping onto their roof.
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)