Author Topic: President's news conference 11 am ET-Feb. 15  (Read 8753 times)

Offline JonSea31

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: President's news conference 11 am ET-Feb. 15
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 03:47:09 PM »
I doubt they'll air them on those days. I think TPIR would get pre-empted on the west coast due to March Madness. East coast viewers wil prolly be seeing reruns those days.

Sigh.

I guess it's safe to declare that a June make-good is possible.  Unless CBS plans to reschedule the episode before Season 39 is originally scheduled to end in first-run.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 03:49:12 PM by JonSea31 »

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 04:12:19 PM »
Full pre-emptions that occur this time of year are often inserted into the schedule in place of the nearest episode that hasn't been planned yet.  I don't know exactly what that is, but I'd be surprised if we have to wait until June to watch this.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 04:13:39 PM »
I noticed on the airdate schedule that tape date wise, march 17 and 18 are TBD.  I wonder if they would insert this show into one of those slots.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 04:20:27 PM »
Full pre-emptions that occur this time of year are often inserted into the schedule in place of the nearest episode that hasn't been planned yet.  I don't know exactly what that is, but I'd be surprised if we have to wait until June to watch this.
Memorial Day?  Wouldn't be the first time.

I noticed on the airdate schedule that tape date wise, march 17 and 18 are TBD.  I wonder if they would insert this show into one of those slots.
NCAA Men's Basketball tournament, reruns in the East/Central, total preemption in Pacific.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline JonSea31

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2011, 04:25:21 PM »
Well, they did air a make-good of the January 20, 2005 episode (originally pre-empted in favour of President Bush's second inauguration) during the March Madness week, and that same episode did rebroadcast in July of that year.  I am not sure if the West Coast viewers got to see the 1/20/2005 episode when it first aired on 3/14/2005, but if they didn't, they had to wait until July that year.

So if the 2/15/11 episode does air on the East Coast only come St. Patrick's Day or the day after, I think the West Coast viewers will have to wait until the summer to see it.

Memorial Day?  Wouldn't be the first time.

They only aired a make-good on Memorial Day in 2007 so that Bob Barker's final appearance in first-run would air in a timely fashion on a Friday.

Other than that, Memorial Day is normally a first-run episode.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 04:29:16 PM by JonSea31 »

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 04:28:52 PM »
I'm a little surprised as to all the questions of when today's show is going to air. Once it does air, it will probably be so terrible that most of us will wonder why they even bothered.

Offline JonSea31

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 04:30:38 PM »
I'm a little surprised as to all the questions of when today's show is going to air. Once it does air, it will probably be so terrible that most of us will wonder why they even bothered.
Yeah, we may be anticipating the episode to air, and it may be an El Skunko.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 04:35:23 PM »
Well, they did air a make-good of the January 20, 2005 episode (originally pre-empted in favour of President Bush's second inauguration) during the March Madness week

Yes, but that was back when they didn't do any shows for that whole week.  The pre-empted show was aired on Monday, and basketball doesn't start until Thursday.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 05:49:20 PM »
That's a pretty pessimistic view on things...
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline JonSea31

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2011, 06:58:48 PM »
I realized something...  One of two things, I believe, may happen:

1)  It may be possible that CBS schedules make-good airings once the Friday episode of the latest batch of taped episodes was already labeled and scheduled.  Then they may schedule a make-good for the following Monday, and then the next taped episode after a Friday episode is taped would be a Tuesday episode.  CBS probably has a shelf in the TPIR tape room that is specifically for make-goods, and those tapes are put there so that they don't get misplaced and it can air as newly scheduled.

2)  It may be possible that CBS has the taping and airdates already planned a few months or many weeks in advance.  CBS may have episode numbers on some sort of spreadsheet or printout and their corresponding scheduled airdates may already be planned as late as April or May.  If so, they may schedule today's originally scheduled airing for the first available Monday that is not part of the current plan when they update.  Sometimes programs and when their episodes air are planned months in advance, if I am not mistaken.  If they have the airdates planned out through the Season 39 finale, then today's scheduled episode will become the true season finale come June or the very beginning of July.

I think what happens when summer reruns occur, when they schedule summer reruns in advance (as early as late May, usually) they have a set order of what episode types air first.  Full make-goods - episodes that were fully preempted as originally scheduled - may be top priority and are first in line to air during what would normally be the start of the summer rerun period, then they go to the true rebroadcasts.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

That said, I am putting my money on a make-good being scheduled for late-April or May at the earliest.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 07:02:01 PM by JonSea31 »

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2011, 07:29:03 PM »
That's a pretty pessimistic view on things...

It's logic. We haven't had a perfect show in ages. The showcases have been bizarre and the line-ups have been marginal, sometimes at best. Also, most of the games are set up to be lost or even when they are set up to be won, they get lost. That's why I posted what I said earlier. Mark my words, one of these things will happen on the show that was supposed to air today. We get so frustrated watching because of these things and it's not going to change with this one show that didn't air.

Offline JonSea31

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2011, 08:02:06 PM »
We haven't had a perfect show in ages.
If I recall, the February 12, 2010 episode - the Valentine's Day Couples Edition episode - was a perfect show.  Sadly, it ended on a sour note with a double overbid.  But still it was a great episode.

But I agree, setups have to be put in place for economical reasons.  Sometimes they offer the prize, and they feel they have to keep more than they give (same concept as a familiar retired pricing game, only with the prize budget).  That's probably why we hardly ever see cars with prices that end with 0 or 5 nowadays, and that may be why we hardly ever see 10 Chances played as often anymore.

Back to the original purpose of the thread, I have a feeling we will find out within the coming days when today's scheduled episode will now be scheduled to air.  I'm crossing my fingers in hopes that it's not April 18th.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 08:03:55 PM by JonSea31 »

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2011, 10:27:40 PM »
1)  It may be possible that CBS schedules make-good airings once the Friday episode of the latest batch of taped episodes was already labeled and scheduled.  Then they may schedule a make-good for the following Monday, and then the next taped episode after a Friday episode is taped would be a Tuesday episode.  CBS probably has a shelf in the TPIR tape room that is specifically for make-goods, and those tapes are put there so that they don't get misplaced and it can air as newly scheduled.

The show isn't going to scrap an episode they've already planned out just to stick today's show into the schedule.  Additionally, the show is not stored on tapes anymore -- it's all done digitally.

2)  It may be possible that CBS has the taping and airdates already planned a few months or many weeks in advance.  CBS may have episode numbers on some sort of spreadsheet or printout and their corresponding scheduled airdates may already be planned as late as April or May.  If so, they may schedule today's originally scheduled airing for the first available Monday that is not part of the current plan when they update.  Sometimes programs and when their episodes air are planned months in advance, if I am not mistaken.

Didn't I just say that considerably more concisely?

If they have the airdates planned out through the Season 39 finale, then today's scheduled episode will become the true season finale come June or the very beginning of July.

Under no circumstances would this episode ever be the season finale, regardless of when it airs.

But I agree, setups have to be put in place for economical reasons.  Sometimes they offer the prize, and they feel they have to keep more than they give (same concept as a familiar retired pricing game, only with the prize budget).  That's probably why we hardly ever see cars with prices that end with 0 or 5 nowadays, and that may be why we hardly ever see 10 Chances played as often anymore.

You make it sound like it's being caused by the recession.  What's causing it is Mike not having any idea how to control the budget.

Offline neilrocks87

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2011, 10:37:31 PM »
I am putting my money on a make-good being scheduled for late-April or May at the earliest.

Makes senc\se to me. I remeber back in season 35 an early January episode that was pre-empted due to President Gerald Ford's funeral was rescheduled for early April of that year.

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2011, 10:43:36 PM »
I'm crossing my fingers in hopes that it's not April 18th.

I just have to ask:  why?
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place