Author Topic: President's news conference 11 am ET-Feb. 15  (Read 8755 times)

Offline JonSea31

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: President's news conference 11 am ET-Feb. 15
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011, 07:17:33 AM »
I just have to ask:  why?
Where I live, I only picked up the East Coast feed from Boston.  And April 18th is when they air Boston Marathon coverage.  Though TPIR would likely air on the network formerly UPN 38, which I do not have.

But I do have a bit of good news regarding a possible April 18th airing:  I realized last night, where I have digital cable, I can pick up the West Coast feed of CBS, so therefore I may be able to view and/or record the April 18th airing - make-good or not.  It will just be later in the afternoon where I live.

Quote from: neilrocks87
Makes sense to me. I remeber back in season 35 an early January episode that was pre-empted due to President Gerald Ford's funeral was rescheduled for early April of that year.
It was only rescheduled for April 9 that year because the week of April 9 to 13 was normally planned as an April Break.

Though I do remember an episode that was originally scheduled to air on October 11, 2006, and did not air until almost 4 months later (it finally saw the light of day on February 5, 2007, though the copyright date was shown as 2006).

Offline JonSea31

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2011, 07:37:28 AM »
I noticed that an episode that did not air entirely in the West Coast back in October or November (but did air on the East Coast), the reschedule date is still listed as TBD, if I recall.  Since the episode already aired in the East Coast, maybe that fall 2010 episode is listed as TBD because they're planning on airing such episode during the next available rerun period for both the East and West Coast feeds, which would be during the summer perhaps?

I wonder how long it takes for the official reschedule date to be announced?  I know it took almost a week for me to find out when the January 2, 2007 episode was being rescheduled, and April 9th came and I was in for a treat for sure - they played my favorite pricing game Spelling Bee.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 07:40:33 AM by JonSea31 »

Offline JonSea31

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2011, 10:21:16 AM »
Just out of curiosity, what was yesterday's Presidential News Conference about?  Was it related to the Egyptian president stepping down recently?  I recorded in hopes that TPIR would air, but I didn't bother watching it.

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2011, 10:39:21 AM »
Just out of curiosity, what was yesterday's Presidential News Conference about?  Was it related to the Egyptian president stepping down recently?  I recorded in hopes that TPIR would air, but I didn't bother watching it.

I think the economy mostly from what I recall.

Offline JonSea31

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2011, 10:59:58 AM »
Well, with one minute to go before TPIR is scheduled to air, it looks promising that we may end up seeing today's scheduled episode as always.  There is no special report or news conference as yet, so that is a good omen of things to come.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 11:03:01 AM by JonSea31 »

Offline JonSea31

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2011, 11:27:01 AM »
I just checked TV.com's TPIR page, and I discovered they have episodes lined up (along with their corresponding recording dates) up to and including April 1.  So with that taken into consideration, I have a gut feeling the February 15 episode may end up airing on April 4.  But until CBS formally makes the announcement, I would take April 4 with a grain of salt for now.

And btw, April 4, when it last fell on a Monday (in 2005), the episode was pre-empted due to the Procession of the late Pope John Paul II coverage.  If a make-good airs on April 4 this time around, I can see it as being "payback" (in a (make-)good way) for what happened the last time April 4 aired on a Monday (and the April 4, 2005 episode did not air on the East Coast on the scheduled air date, and aired all but the first 15 minutes of it on the August rebroadcast date - talk about a double Whammy).
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 11:34:19 AM by JonSea31 »

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2011, 01:16:19 AM »
http://www.priceisright.com/blog/entry/2475

Looks like it will likely air sometime over the summer...
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2011, 02:19:32 AM »
Well, that's friggin' annoying.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2011, 02:41:38 AM »

I can't even read that blog, between the giant, hideous header image and the distended I Am Number Four ad covering half of it.
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline JonSea31

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2011, 06:23:00 AM »

August or September.  I'm not surprised at all.

At least it will air before Season 40 starts.  I'm hoping it doesn't get hit by a double whammy.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 06:24:41 AM by JonSea31 »

Offline offerta

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2011, 04:54:28 PM »
Episode #5442 is tentatively scheduled to air sometime in August or September.

Why not 17 or 18 march???

Offline leafsfan17

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2011, 05:12:47 PM »
Episode #5442 is tentatively scheduled to air sometime in August or September.

Why not 17 or 18 march???
Because that's when the March Madness tournament begins
Dr. Pepper: Not recommended for Skype chats

Offline richfieldsfan

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2011, 11:42:04 AM »
Because that's when the March Madness tournament begins

That's about the 4th whoosh in this thread.

They should air it in June on the first rerun slot. Take out a rerun. Wow, somebody needs to get CBS and Mike Richards a calendar

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2011, 04:30:38 PM »
What whoosh?  One of our users, who is not American, asked why they can't air a new episode on March 17th or 18th, and another of our users informed him that it would be pre-empted for a major American sporting event. 
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2011, 07:42:03 AM »
What whoosh?  One of our users, who is not American, asked why they can't air a new episode on March 17th or 18th, and another of our users informed him that it would be pre-empted for a major American sporting event. 

And have TPIR not to be able to a sexed up St. Patrick's Day on St. Patricks' Day with 365 pairs of clog dancing shoes?