Author Topic: Two and a Half Men on Hiatus  (Read 10089 times)

Offline DaneFromKansas

• In the Audience
Re: Two and a Half Men on Hiatus
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 12:00:10 PM »
Wow...what a rant.  I certainly hope that he gets his act together, if not just for his and his childrens' sake, then for  the sake of the other people on his show, who likely have families to feed as well.  I must say, however, (and I saw this on another message board), that "fire-breathing fists" would make an awesome name for a band (phrase taken from his rant).

Offline kassilynn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 01:08:21 PM »
Charlie Sheen's recent problems in the media frenzy is really, really scary.
I keep my fingers crossed every single day hoping he get it together and be lead back to the right path because he is very well loved, his show has been on the air for at least seven years now and the rating are through the roof and I would hate to see his show just abruptly taken off the air for good.

Again, I keep my fingers crossed every single day hoping that Charlie will make a complete recovery and he still has a whole lot of life left in him and I don't want to see anything awful happen to him, that would be extremely heartbreaking for me as well as the millions and millions of fans who all love and worship him.

Say a prayer for Charlie, I know I will.
"Say whatever you want to about me, my artwork, etc, I don't really care.
If you don't want me or even like me, then I'm DAMN sure am not gonna let myself want OR
like YOU !"

^ That's my message to all you haters and people who are negative when it comes to me.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 01:11:05 PM »
Say a prayer? For this tilted egomaniac? You've got to be kidding.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 01:17:01 PM »
Charlie Sheen needs to control his temper.
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline The Big Wheel

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 01:22:56 PM »
In a case such as this one, where the show in question wins it's time slot every week, does a network have other new shows it can order to run in it's place or would it be in their best interest to keep airing reruns until summer break?

Is there anywhere in a star's contract that states that they themselves can halt the production and airings of a show?
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it!

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 01:33:09 PM »
Men draws fairly well in repeats...I doubt CBS is worried.  (Personally, I'd like to see Big Bang Theory take over that slot, but I don't see that happening.)

I kinda saw this coming as soon as I heard that Charlie went off the deep end.  He really needs to get it together...acting like that is certainly unhealthy. I feel kinda bad for the entire crew of the show who are losing money thanks to Charlie's ranting...

To add fuel to the fire, though, Charlie announced that he's showing up for work next week anyways!
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 02:01:10 PM »
Men draws fairly well in repeats...I doubt CBS is worried.  (Personally, I'd like to see Big Bang Theory take over that slot, but I don't see that happening.)
If Big Bang moves, then there's a half-hour slot left empty to pair with Rules of Engagement.  Now if Mad Love fails, they could move *both* back to Mondays.

/Hey look, then an hour slot just opened up on Thursdays at 8
//GIMME MOAR TPIR
///Whoops, wrong thread
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 02:48:40 PM »
I'd sooner move Rules than Big Bang...CBS is trying to put a second comedy block together on Thursdays, and I guess Big Bang is actually holding its own against Idol fairly well.  I'm not sure they can afford to move Big Bang back until September at the very earliest.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 03:12:13 PM »
/Hey look, then an hour slot just opened up on Thursdays at 8
//GIMME MOAR TPIR
///Whoops, wrong thread
This is exactly what I was thinking! :P
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline nowhammies11

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The blood of angry men, the dark of ages past
    • The Whammy's Blog
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 03:17:42 PM »
Two and a Half Men is not on hiatus.  It's been cancelled.

/so moar TBBT?
//or moar TPIR?
YOU CAN NEVER STOP :clipboard:

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 03:25:18 PM »

The remainder of the current season has been cancelled. The series itself hasn't been.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline sjd93

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 03:28:36 PM »
/so moar TBBT?

The Big Bang Theory is sometimes a great show, but honestly, it's been a little disappointing this season, so I'm not sure if ordering more episodes is the best thing to do - I think they should focus on making the show good, not just making more of it.
I find it ironic how the show tries to mix up the prizes and offer "cool" things like over-stuffed trips and impossible to price items to make the show less "predictable." Yet, the same things happen every single time a show airs.

-temptation1979ga

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 03:39:04 PM »

I've been following this one pretty closely, and unless I've missed an article someplace, Two and a Half Men has been placed on hiatus, presumably pending some serious apologetics by Charlie Sheen.  It has not, however, been officially cancelled--CBS and Warner Brothers have decided not to move forward with production on the remainder of the season, that's all.  Far as I know, Sheen still has one more year of his contract left to fill, and no one's announced firm plans not to pursue another season.

When firm plans are announced that there will henceforth be no new first-run episodes of the show, then it will be cancelled.
Bazinga!

Offline crinos43

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 03:48:26 PM »
To add fuel to the fire, though, Charlie announced that he's showing up for work next week anyways!

It's going to be very dark and lonely on that set all by his little ol' lonesome.
I support The Price is Right.