Author Topic: 2011 NFL Season  (Read 79853 times)

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: 2011 NFL Season
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2011, 12:10:42 AM »
So then, I suppose the question is, how long would your typical antitrust case take?  

I've never litigated an anti-trust case (and hope never to do so!)... but most of your normal civil cases can take up to a year or more just to get to trial, but could sometimes be much longer. I was actually a contract attorney on a simple credit card case that had been on the docket since 2007-ish a while back, actually. :lol:

It depends on where you file your suit, too. The Brees/Brady/Manning suit was filed in a federal court up in Minnesota... Don't know how busy that district usually is. For example, in my district (Western District of Missouri), we have so little action in the federal courts here that everything could done pretty quickly. Additionally, they filed there purely for strategic reasons -- Judge Doty, a judge in the district, has apparently been very friendly to the players in past negotiations & cases and Minnesota is a very union-friendly state... but Judge Doty hasn't been assigned to the case. I'm sure the NFLPA will likely try to get it reassigned, which of course adds time to the case.

Of course, remedial measures (i.e. preliminary injunction) will be ruled on before the case ever goes to trial. And finally, they're asking for class-action status, which is just going to add more time to the case.

They could be in the legal muck for a loooonnngggg while.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2011, 10:48:15 AM »
And I have read that NFL is officially in a lockout.  If this lockout does go well into the season, will you go to any games or watch any when play resume?

Online tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2011, 01:59:49 PM »
A nearly five-month bump to say: the lockout is essentially over, finalizing votes with the 32 player reps from the NFLPA.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2011, 02:26:07 PM »
YAY!!!! we got football. We're not gonna die

Offline jmenjes

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Mouseketeer
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2011, 02:29:09 PM »
Put all of my Dolphins clothing into storage when the lockout started.

Looks like I can finally take them out again.
"You're dead if you aim only for kids.
Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
---Walt Disney

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2011, 02:30:10 PM »
I just wonder if some fans will still walk away just because of the fact the lockout even happened.

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2011, 02:37:18 PM »
I just wonder if some fans will still walk away just because of the fact the lockout even happened.

Or maybe when the season starts, they'll boo the players and owners and possibly throw beer bottles onto the field

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2011, 02:38:33 PM »
Or maybe when the season starts, they'll boo the players and owners and possibly throw beer bottles onto the field

The booing I could see, but throwing beer bottles, I doubt it. But you never know.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2011, 03:38:20 PM »
2 things I need to say about this:

- WATCH THE LIONS THIS YEAR. - They showed Hell is freezing over at the end of the last season with 4 straight wins. If this keeps up, I might expect a damn good team this year.

Also, as the only Jersey person you'll ever see probably say this:

GO PATRIOTS!!!
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline estes24

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2011, 03:55:15 PM »
Panthers WILL win the Super Bowl this year!!!  :-D

While I don't think I can top my absolutely tremendous and accurate prediction from last year  :roll: I think that the team to watch out for this year is the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, look for them to surprise a lot of people with a possible Super Bowl run.

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2011, 04:07:08 PM »
I vote for the New York Giants but I don't expect them to win another Super Bowl. They need some much needed Cornerbacks.

I expect the cheaters (Patriots) to fail

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2011, 05:18:41 PM »
I take it this means the annual Golden-Road.net Fantasy Football League is on, after all?

No, I didn't forget about my threat promise to take it over this season.  I'm just biding my time, since last year's draft (and probably the ones before it, too) were held way too far in advance of the regular season.  If this draft goes, I'll probably hold it roughly two weeks before the start of the regular season.

Before I go setting anything up, is anyone still interested in playing this year?
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline wildbill0962

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Golden Road's Unofficial Official Bracketologist
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2011, 05:30:14 PM »
Time for Philly to sign Asomugha and leave everyone else in the dust haha. If they don't nab him, I'd say Ray Edwards and maybe someone like either Johnathan Joseph. And Armadillo, if there ends up being an opening in the league, I am interested. I know probably last year's players get first crack, but I'll get in if a spot opens up
Pete Carroll has the biggest balls in the world.

10th place in 2010-2011 CSS
16th place in 2011-2012 CSS
17th place in 2012-2013 CSS

B/R Profile: http://bleacherreport.com/users/1048731-bill-riccette
Follow me on Twitter for my take on the Eagles, NCAA Tournament Bracketology and various sports topics @Bill_Riccette https://twitter.com/Bill_Riccette
http://billriccettenfl.wordpress.com/

Offline TheBigAK

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2011, 08:24:55 PM »
Repeat Repeat!!
I'm TheBigAK...and I APPROVE this post.

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2011, 11:28:43 PM »
Time for Philly to sign Asomugha and leave everyone else in the dust haha. If they don't nab him, I'd say Ray Edwards and maybe someone like either Johnathan Joseph. And Armadillo, if there ends up being an opening in the league, I am interested. I know probably last year's players get first crack, but I'll get in if a spot opens up

Early buzz appears to have them leaning towards Edwards as of now.  The big question would be what they'd ask for in return for Kolb when he's inevitably traded at week's end (cornerback or safety would be my best bet, provided they're smart enough to hold on to Stewart Bradley; otherwise, go linebacker, I say).