Author Topic: 2011 NFL Season  (Read 79989 times)

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: 2011 NFL Season
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2011, 10:32:57 PM »
And truthfully I'd have to say it's wider open at this stage than it's been in a number of years; nobody seems to have an obvious definitive advantage as I see it right now (although if I had to make a preliminary Super Bowl pick, I'd say it would either be a Green Bay-Pittsburgh rematch or a New England-Atlanta showdown, all deserving franchises to be sure). 

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2011, 03:15:34 PM »
Just saw on the NFL.com/kickoff website the performers for the NFL kickoff concert. They are:
Kid Rock, Maroon 5, and Lady Antebellum

Also, I'm rooting for the colts. If they can make it to the Super Bowl, history will be made
HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2011, 03:18:12 PM »
Good. At least we got decent singers.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2011, 10:00:09 PM »
I follow the Falcons (living near Atlanta), but I just don't see them going to the Super Bowl (Sports Illustrated has them going). They have not addressed their porous secondary, and at issue is whether Matt Ryan gets decent protection. Chris Redman and John Parker Wilson were ineffective as QB during the pre-season (Atlanta went 0-4 and have since cut Wilson), and yes, the pre-season means zilch, sure. Atlanta can go 16-0 and still not make it to the Super Bowl. Will they go 16-0? No way. Will they go to the playoffs? Yes. Super Bowl? Still not sold on it. Yet. They need to show me something in the regular season.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2011, 12:56:16 AM »
The NFC South should be one of the more competitive divisions on top of that; New Orleans and Tampa should be joining with Atlanta for a 3-way chase to the finish as I see it, so those two could be considered conference dark horses as well.  With just the right breaks (and as Rodney would point out, a little respect upstairs), Philadelphia has a reasonable shot as well, provided no one else from the division steps up (Dallas will likely bounce back, but not enough to contend for a world title this year--I hope; New York's lost a little too much, and Washington still has too far to go).  The Rams look best out west, but truthfully the West seems like anyone's division this year).   

Offline TheBigAK

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2011, 01:30:15 PM »
Just saw on the NFL.com/kickoff website the performers for the NFL kickoff concert. They are:

Living about half hour away from Green Bay, it is amazing what they are doing to get this all set up.    Roads closed for at least a week to get the stage set up and the area the people will stand.   Amazing to see first hand.   I might have to drive up the tonight or tomorrow just to see how close I can get now and what it looks like 2 days before.

I wonder how long it will take to tear it all down.
I'm TheBigAK...and I APPROVE this post.

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2011, 08:53:27 PM »
The Jaguars announced that David Garrard was just cut from the team. Luke McCown will be the starting quarterback.

AOL reports that the Houston Texans have a good chance to win the AFC South. I highly doubt that

Offline wildbill0962

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Golden Road's Unofficial Official Bracketologist
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2011, 08:45:40 AM »

AOL reports that the Houston Texans have a good chance to win the AFC South. I highly doubt that

Why do you doubt that? I also have Houston winning the South. They are much improved on defense, and will be helped a lot by Wade Phillips, and their offense will score a lot of points in my mind. Also, if Peyton has to miss some time, the Colts are really going to struggle. I really believe this is Houston's year.
Pete Carroll has the biggest balls in the world.

10th place in 2010-2011 CSS
16th place in 2011-2012 CSS
17th place in 2012-2013 CSS

B/R Profile: http://bleacherreport.com/users/1048731-bill-riccette
Follow me on Twitter for my take on the Eagles, NCAA Tournament Bracketology and various sports topics @Bill_Riccette https://twitter.com/Bill_Riccette
http://billriccettenfl.wordpress.com/

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2011, 02:45:20 PM »

Also, I'm rooting for the colts. If they can make it to the Super Bowl, history will be made

I'll bet Peyton Manning will do fine. He may not have played the pre-season, but I think he'll do fine.

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2011, 10:12:11 PM »
I guess Peyton Manning won't be playing the season opener. Kerry Collins will start.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2011, 04:00:50 PM »
Peyton had surgery today, out 2-3 months.

Go.......Lions?
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2011, 04:10:30 PM »

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2011, 04:12:30 PM »
Quote from: tpirfan28
Peyton had surgery today, out 2-3 months.

Go.......Lions?

Quote from: Gameshowboy92
Your joking right?  :P

I'd bet on the Lions having a better record than the Colts, considering today's news on Manning...
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2011, 04:52:26 PM »
Pulling up the Lions schedule, they can win: Chiefs/at Vikings/at Cowboys/Bears/49ers/at Broncos/Panthers/Vikings/at Raiders for sure.  That's 9, and they could easily sweep the Bears, and possibly take one of the other NFC South (at Bucs/Falcons/at Saints).

I would not be surprised if Packers/Lions on New Years gets flexed to NBC.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2011, 05:02:19 PM »
Quote from: tpirfan28
Pulling up the Lions schedule, they can win: Chiefs/at Vikings/at Cowboys/Bears/49ers/at Broncos/Panthers/Vikings/at Raiders for sure.

There.  Fixed that for you.   :-D
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.