Author Topic: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 16--THE END  (Read 41465 times)

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Frank's Price is Right: Episode 16--THE END
« on: May 18, 2006, 07:46:47 PM »
First of all, rcbought, as the winner of the Fifteenth Episode Prediction Game, you may elect to use your automatic first four entry anytime from this episode to Episode 20.  I'm mostly imposing a limit just so I won't have to keep track of it for all eternity, and possibly everyone else's should I decide to try that again.

Anyway, our last episode turned out mighty fine, with four games won, one game lost that would've been more disappointing if it had been won, and the more expensive showcase won!  So we have quite a show to beat, but we may just do it with our sixteenth episode here!

Want to play?  Then sign up!  You will be sent a PM when you are called to come on down, and only then; after that, it will be your responsibility to keep track of this thread.  If you miss once in contestants' row or in the showcase showdown, I'll handle things on a case by case basis as to whether or not to give a second chance, like Jade would've gotten a second chance in the last show had it not been the last item up for bids, as he had an adequate reason for missing the deadline.  Miss once during a pricing game or the showcase, though, and you're out.  Pricing games that have not yet begun will simply have a replacement contestant called; partially finished pricing games will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis as to what I decide to do with it.

And of course, we always have questions nowadays when you sign up... and we've got another optional question for you here:  I have my reasons why I've set Cliff Hangers up to be kinda' hard both times it was played; quite simply, of every game I've hosted, I want least for Cliff Hangers to be won.  Should it be made easier, though, or is the end result worth having the game being as hard as it's been?  Is an overly expensive prize enough compensation for that?

And a bonus optional question:  only two games that I've hosted more than once have never been won.  Cliff Hangers is one of them.  Anyone know the other?

The show starts at midnight on Monday, May 22, so if you want to play, just sign up by then!

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 16--SIGN UPS
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 07:56:36 PM »
First in lime!

Offline Futuregsh

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 07:58:17 PM »
I guess I'll sign up second then :)  And I think Cliff Hangers should be left as is.  I personally like the idea of a LFAT winning the game, but if you up the stakes, let's mess with those small prizes a bit.  It shouldn't be a TOTAL gimme in that case.  At least here in this forum.  On the show, steady as she goes...

Offline CrimsonViper

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 08:03:28 PM »
I'm finally over my great loss from a few episodes ago, so I'm ready to make a comeback.  Hopefully, of course.

For Cliff Hangers, compensate the hardness for a more expensive prize.  Doesn't have to be a car, doesn't have to be a GEM car :-P, but that would be nice.

Regarding the second question... I'm gonna go with It's In The Bag. ;-)  I'm sure it has to be a GP game that has been lost (come on, it takes a miracle or two to win the game!), but I don't remember quite far back.  

And finally... Sternal, you feeling a little fruity? :-P

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 08:11:38 PM »
A $29,000+ living room group wasn't expensive enough :-P?

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 08:14:04 PM »
I'm in again!  Hopefully, I won't be part of the FFBC again :-).  Definitely keep Cliffy the way it is...it's hard, but still doable, and should be hard for the level of prize offered.  (Of course, I doubt your mountain climber would agree with me here!)  I am going to say Danger Price is the multi-played game that's been lost 100% of the time.

Offline CrimsonViper

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 08:20:05 PM »
Frank wrote:

A $29,000+ living room group wasn't expensive enough ?

... Which probably happened when I stopped paying attention to PA threads. :-)  I apologize.

Offline Doughnut

• Walking the Golden Road
    • Crumbs from a Doughnut
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 08:25:45 PM »
*Signs up*

Personally, I don't mind seeing Cliffy being made that difficult.
Yes, I'm still around. :P

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 08:42:05 PM »
I'm in and Cliff Hangers is just fine and no changes is necessary.

I'm stumped about the game lost time after time.

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 08:46:54 PM »
I'm in!

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 09:15:18 PM »
Let me in!

I'll say that Cliffhangers should be left as is.  It's middle of the road, as long as you remember the "Price's escalate trick."

As for the other game still on the losing streak: Oh dear, Lucky 7 came to my mind. I'll tentatively say this is my final answer.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 09:20:36 PM »
I'll return to defend my title!  :-)

The only change I suggest for Cliffy is do away with the anvil drop after Hans falls off the cliff.

As for the bonus question, I'll guess Punchboard.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2006, 09:43:25 PM »
I skipped last show, but I'd like to play this time.

As for Cliffhangers.....I don't see a problem with it, as long as if you make it difficult, play for an expensive prize. If you want to do an easy playing, find a cheap prize to use, like a $3000 dining or living room group or something else. It's basically your choice.

As for the bonus part.....I would say Master Key. I think it was played somewhere around episode 12, and it was lost.

Offline Gatorman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2006, 09:54:52 PM »
I think you're fine. As a rule of thumb, the difficulty of the game correlates with the prize.

Oh, and I am in.

Offline Garvin8r

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2006, 10:14:39 PM »
I gotta get in this one -- I need PG wins!

I actually enjoy the added difficulty in the games here.  I mean, we're all observant fans of the game; the Play Alongs should be more challenging.  So I see nothing wrong with Cliffhangers not being won.