Author Topic: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 16--THE END  (Read 41469 times)

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 16--SHOWCASE
« Reply #165 on: May 27, 2006, 12:41:32 AM »

[color=009900]ding![/color]

Finally done, Alfie, or would you like to change your mind again?  And I see that if Joe were to jump off a bridge, so would you.

Ah well.  Crimson, this is your showcase!

[color=0000FF]CHOO!  CHOO![/color]

Rich:  This showcase features prizes delivered to our pricelss train depot, and here she comes now, loaded with prizes, and on the first car we have a beautiful fireplace screen.  This fireplace screen from Oriental Furniture has a lovely black matte lacquer antique finish and is decorated with a delicate hand-painted mountain temple landscape.

And on the next flat car we have a great new television.  This 50-inch widescreen high-definition-ready DLP TV with PC input from Samsung has a gorgeous picture, and can even be used like a 50-inch computer monitor.

And at the end of the train, instead of a caboose, we have a grand piano.  From the Rawlings Music Company, this 6 foot 1 inch Victorian grand piano has a solid spruce soundboard, German hammers, 17-ply hard rock maple pinblock, and hardwood ribs and posts, for an exquisite piano for your very own home.  And this showcase, featuring prizes delivered to our priceless train depot, can be yours if the price is right!

And Crimson, what do you bid on it?

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #166 on: May 27, 2006, 12:51:38 AM »
$13,013!  Trust me 8)

Offline CrimsonViper

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #167 on: May 27, 2006, 12:56:33 AM »
Interesting indeed...

I'm going to direct with my bid, and I'll bid $13,333.  Let's hope for the best.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #168 on: May 27, 2006, 12:58:44 AM »
$13,014!  :-P
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 16--THE END
« Reply #169 on: May 27, 2006, 01:22:12 AM »

All right, and now, to find out who has won.  Is it Alfonzo?  Is it CrimsonViper?  We shall know in a moment.  Crimson, you bid $13,333 on your showcase.  And Crimson, the actual retail price of your showcase is...

$23,173, a difference of?

[color=009900]ding![/color]

Well, a lot.  Alfie, you must be closer than $9840 without going over in order to win your showcase.  Alfie, you bid $13,013 on your showcase.  And Alfie, the actual retail price of your showcase IS!

$12,880, you're over, Crimson wins!

[color=009900]dingdingdingdingdingdingdingding![/color]

Alfie, I'm sorry you didn't win much today.  Just no luck at all with that dastardly 13 everywhere you went.

Crimson, you have won $31,732 in cash and prizes, including... um... that trip.  Ooh, and that piano!  Frank here, reminding you to help control the Pet population:  use Eagle brand instead.  Goodbye, everybody!

CrimsonViper:  $31,732
Garvin8r:  $24,169
Doughnut:  $16,380
Madonna:  $9938
PriceFanArmadillo:  $3149
Alfonzo:  $2645

*I bet slotting has to do with Dice Game being won.  Out of 16 episodes, game #5 was won in 14 of those episodes.  Probably would've been lost if I put it sixth, where in 16 episodes, it was lost 12 times.  Ah well.

*This is only the fourth time that the showcase winner came from the second half of the show.  It's also the first time that the person who played game #4 won the showcase, so now at least one showcase winner has come out of every slot!

Offline CrimsonViper

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #170 on: May 27, 2006, 01:30:42 AM »
Thank you Frank for putting on, once again, an excellent-blitzing-less-than-one-week! show.  I originally wanted to bid $22,222, but I somewhat got talked out of it (and from past experience, the Showcases were usually cheap).  

Good game Alfie, and may you be luckier next time around.  Try using #5s, for instance. ;-)

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #171 on: May 27, 2006, 01:47:37 AM »
9 PM:  Frank is on IUFB 6.
12:30 AM:  Frank is done with the show.

How does that work, especially when you need three people from earlier in the show to come back for the end?
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #172 on: May 27, 2006, 02:09:08 AM »
Another excellent show, Frank...

If you plan on offering more boots as IUFB's, I have some to recommend to you. :-P

13 just didn't seem to work for you this show, did it Alfonzo? :-?
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #173 on: May 27, 2006, 08:10:22 AM »
Stranger was the fact that it started 5/22 at precisely midnight and ended at 1:30 Today. Hmm.. :-?

Man, Alfonzo, 13 just didn't work. :-?   Just as unlucky as Leyla's EVIL case, which most of the time has super amounts or even $1,000,000, spelling doom for contestants and excitment for the banker.

Offline Garvin8r

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #174 on: May 27, 2006, 01:18:51 PM »
*I bet slotting has to do with Dice Game being won. Out of 16 episodes, game #5 was won in 14 of those episodes. Probably would've been lost if I put it sixth, where in 16 episodes, it was lost 12 times. Ah well.

Frank, that had nothing to do with it.  I was determined to win that, no matter what it took.  I had a decent chance of winning Penny Ante as well, as I had guessed 2.99 first.  You ran into a contestant who wanted to win, and that's all there is to it.

Online LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #175 on: May 27, 2006, 01:23:21 PM »
Frank, great job as always!  Should The Dob ever retire, they should find you to take his job...there certainly wouldn't be any budget issues caused by too many wins :-).

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #176 on: May 27, 2006, 01:45:32 PM »
Excellent show, Frank...

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #177 on: May 27, 2006, 02:57:04 PM »
Garvin8r wrote:  Frank, that had nothing to do with it.  I was determined to win that, no matter what it took.  I had a decent chance of winning Penny Ante as well, as I had guessed 2.99 first.  You ran into a contestant who wanted to win, and that's all there is to it.

Then slotting had everything to do with it :-P.  If I switched Penny Ante and Dice Game, you would have still been playing the game in the fifth slot, so yeah, I'd say the fifth slot is just a lucky slot, or something.  An "unwinnable" That's Too Much was won in that slot as well, several shows ago.

Madonna wrote:  If you plan on offering more boots as IUFB's, I have some to recommend to you.

I can almost assure you that I will.  Certain prizes are more fun to use than others, and I get a kick looking for boots :-)!

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #178 on: May 27, 2006, 06:31:47 PM »

Frank15 wrote:
I can almost assure you that I will.  Certain prizes are more fun to use than others, and I get a kick looking for boots :-)!

You too, huh? :lol: That's one of my favorite hobbies...

And the more outrageous, the better...
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.