Author Topic: Another virus attack?  (Read 28151 times)

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
Another virus attack?
« on: March 04, 2011, 02:19:53 PM »

It just suddenly popped up while I was browsing the site, then kept coming back even when I hit "cancel."
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: Another virus attack?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 02:37:22 PM »
Nothing of the sort popped up here. (FF4b12 w/ABP)

I couldn't tell you what's causing it...but that message doesn't appear to be from your antivirus program. (And if it IS an virus, shame on your AV program for not blocking it...)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 02:39:35 PM by cu2010 »
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Another virus attack?
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 03:07:59 PM »
Nothing of the sort popped up here. (FF4b12 w/ABP)

I couldn't tell you what's causing it...but that message doesn't appear to be from your antivirus program. (And if it IS an virus, shame on your AV program for not blocking it...)

I just ran a scan and it found nothing, so whatever this was didn't get through.

I was just concerned because I know we've had problems with malicious script injections here before.
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.