Author Topic: Whatever happened to temptation1979ga1?  (Read 7143 times)

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Whatever happened to temptation1979ga1?
« on: March 06, 2011, 04:29:01 PM »
For some reason, he removed all his videos from YouTube, and not long ago, he closed his YouTube Channel...

Do you know what happened to him?

*Sorry if this is in the wrong category...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 04:33:34 PM by whowouldeverhurtawhammy »
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
Re: Whatever happened to temptation1979ga1?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 06:33:47 PM »
*Sorry if this is in the wrong category...
This is the wrong category--this is for YouTube links only.  I believe Out in Left Field would be more appropriate.

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 07:30:36 PM »
Two topics already exist on this topic:

http://www.golden-road.net/index.php/topic,16228.0.html
http://www.golden-road.net/index.php/topic,16316.0.html

Everything we know (such as it is) is contained therein.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 07:32:39 PM by brtsimpson142 »
Bazinga!

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 04:10:46 PM »
I'm still around! I still visit here; I just do not post much anymore. YouTube asked that I remove the videos, so I deleted my entire account. Currently, I am working on transferring the entire "Video Vault" videos to DVD (want them to last longer, don't have room for all the tapes, etc.) Thanks for asking!  :-D

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 04:26:28 PM »
Well that's surprising...
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 08:37:46 PM »
I'm surprised YT asked you to remove them instead of just deleting them, that's more courtesy than they usually show.  May I recommend Vimeo as a substitute.
Bazinga!

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 10:29:03 PM »
I'm surprised YT asked you to remove them instead of just deleting them, that's more courtesy than they usually show.  May I recommend Vimeo as a substitute.

I wonder if Fremantle or CBS has anything to do with YouTube requesting Carlos to remove the videos?

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 12:04:51 PM »
I'm still around! I still visit here; I just do not post much anymore. YouTube asked that I remove the videos, so I deleted my entire account. Currently, I am working on transferring the entire "Video Vault" videos to DVD (want them to last longer, don't have room for all the tapes, etc.) Thanks for asking!  :-D

But they single you out and don't single out other people who have plenty of TPIR clips(and recent ones at that) or the current episodes of Wheel and J!. That doesn't seem fair, as those clips are easily findable like yours are.

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 12:21:55 PM »
But they single you out and don't single out other people who have plenty of TPIR clips(and recent ones at that) or the current episodes of Wheel and J!. That doesn't seem fair, as those clips are easily findable like yours are.

Remember who you're talking about here.  Fremantle doesn't produce Wheel and Jeopardy; their production company is a little more generous (apparently) about allowing their shows to "re-air" on YouTube.  Fremantle has demonstrated again and again that they won't tolerate anyone doing the same with TPiR, in any capacity--remember what they did to BigJon after all.

(I'm thinking this should be moved to OILF to get a little more visibility maybe?)
Bazinga!

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 12:58:40 PM »
Remember who you're talking about here.  Fremantle doesn't produce Wheel and Jeopardy; their production company is a little more generous (apparently) about allowing their shows to "re-air" on YouTube.  Fremantle has demonstrated again and again that they won't tolerate anyone doing the same with TPiR, in any capacity--remember what they did to BigJon after all.

(I'm thinking this should be moved to OILF to get a little more visibility maybe?)

But there are still a fair amount of TPIR clips(from Cullen's era-2011) on Youtube, and some complete episodes on other pages, and plenty of stuff from GT and other Fremantle owned shows floating around.

Offline brtsimpson142

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 02:29:25 PM »
But there are still a fair amount of TPIR clips(from Cullen's era-2011) on Youtube, and some complete episodes on other pages, and plenty of stuff from GT and other Fremantle owned shows floating around.

Yes but is there so large a concentration anywhere as there was on Carlos' account?  That's probably why he was targeted first--his collection on YT certainly dwarfs (dwarfed?) any other collection I've ever seen.  If the rest of them are as sprinkled around as my experience suggests they are, you may have a number of them concentrated in one account, but there still won't be nearly as many as what Carlos had.

And as for the rest, remember that TPiR is a show that's currently on the air with new episodes--most of the other G-T shows aren't, so there wouldn't be quite as much priority to pull those down.
Bazinga!

Offline JonSea31

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 05:22:41 PM »
temptation1979ga1, did you upload any clips from recent episodes?  And btw, if you were asked to take them down, why isn't YT user thewhammy83 affected as yet?  And BigJon did happen to provide some small clips of pricing games - why wasn't he notified as yet?

Something fishy is going on... :-?

And as for the rest, remember that TPiR is a show that's currently on the air with new episodes--most of the other G-T shows aren't, so there wouldn't be quite as much priority to pull those down.

What about Match Game?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 05:25:02 PM by JonSea31 »

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 05:36:41 PM »
temptation1979ga1, did you upload any clips from recent episodes?  

No, he said he deleted his entire account. :?

What about Match Game?

I don't think Match Game is "a show that's currently on the air with new episodes", so I don't know where you are going with this.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 08:49:42 AM »
temptation1979ga1, did you upload any clips from recent episodes?  And btw, if you were asked to take them down, why isn't YT user thewhammy83 affected as yet?  And BigJon did happen to provide some small clips of pricing games - why wasn't he notified as yet?

Something fishy is going on... :-?

What about Match Game?

Though PYL is not a GT show, Fremantle owns it, and IIRC someone's page full of PYL clips got taken off a couple years ago(I can't remember their Youtube name)

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 08:27:58 PM »
I wonder if Fremantle or CBS has anything to do with YouTube requesting Carlos to remove the videos?

That is what I suspect...
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!