Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 4/6/2011  (Read 44167 times)

Offline Macsen

• The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
TPiR Recap - 4/6/2011
« on: April 06, 2011, 03:34:46 PM »
The Price is Right Recap - 4/6/2011

Episode #5513K
Aired: 4/6/2011; Tape Date 3/28/2011
Models: Rachel Reynolds, Manuela Arbelaez, Amber Lancaster
Announcer: George Gray
Drew Entrance: Door #2
Mic Handoff: Rachel
First Four Contestant Seating: Mixed (1, 4, 2, 3)

First IUFB: iPhone 4 (1yr 450min 2GB plan; ARP: $979) (Manuela)

MURETTA CHRISTINA SUSAN ROLANDO WINNER
$350 $750 $550 $780 ROLANDO

Rolando is playing Let 'em Roll for a Mazda MX-5 Miata Sport convertible. (2.0-litre engine, automatic transmission; ARP: $26,165) (Amber; Rachel on items)

ITEM VitaFusion Fiber Gummies Kraft Stove Top stuffing Reynolds Cut-Rite wax paper
GUESS START LESS MORE
ARP $10.99 $2.39 $1.59

He gets one extra roll for a total of two.

DICE DECISION
CAR CAR CAR $500 $1,500 GO ON
CAR CAR CAR CAR $1,500 LOSS

Second IUFB: 3D 5.1 Blu-ray home theatre (Sony; ARP: $600) (Manuela)

Muretta Christina Susan CARRIE WINNER
$699 $1 $2 $595 CARRIE

Carrie, who brought Drew Parma socks from Cleveland, is playing Squeeze Play for a set of three theatre seats + 55" LCD HDTV. (Samsung) (Amber)

DISPLAY 6 1 4 0 9
CHOICE (removed 4) $ 6 1 0 9
ARP: $6,149 LOSS

Third IUFB: Look of the Week (ARP: $1,926) (Rachel)

Muretta Christina Susan JACQUELINE WINNER
$2100 $649
beeee......
$651 $650 SUSAN

Susan is playing  Eazy az 1-2-3.

ITEM BLOCK ARP
Lance Powersports Cali Classic scooter (Amber) 2 $1999
LOSS
Mac Pro computer (8GB RAM, 1TB HDD) (Manuela 1 $3618
Refrigerator (Manuela) 3 $2528

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL
Carrie $600 70 STAY *SHOWCASE*
Rachel $1,926 65 50 OVER
Rolando $2,479 40 90 OVER

Fourth IUFB: Pair of digital cameras (Nikon Coolpix; 14.3MP, two 2GB memory cards; selection of photobooks from Shutterfly; ARP: $2,339) (Amber)

Muretta Christina ALFTAN Jacqueline WINNER
$600 $900 $450 $850 CHRISTINA

Christina IS ALIIIIIIVE! And she is playing Coming or Going for a trip to Cancun. (RT coach for 4 LA to Cancun, 6n all-inclusive Crown Paradise Club via BookIt.com) (Manuela)

6 1 2 4      
ARP: $4,216
LOSS

Victimized by the peanut gallery (and she blamed her husband). But more importantly, how is a trip to four THAT DOOPING CHEAP?!

Fifth IUFB: Washer and dryer (royal blue; ARP: $2,998) (Rachel)

Muretta ALEXANDER Alftan Jacqueline WINNER
$1401 $1222 $1400 $2270 JACQUELINE

Jacqueline is playing Rat Race. Yes, we get it on consecutive days.

FIRST PRIZE Toyota Prius II (Manuela)
SECOND PRIZE Organic groceries for a year (Amber)
THIRD PRIZE Massage table + massages for a year (Amber)

Item Guesses (Rachel)

MARGIN ITEM GUESS ARP RESULT
$1 Softsoap anti-bacterial hand soap $4.50 $2.29 WRONG
$10 Iron (T-Fal) $18.99 $50 WRONG
$100 Stand mixer (KitchenAid) $60 $250 WIPEOUT

Yup. Another day, another Rat Race wipeout.

RAT PLACE PRIZE
GREEN 1  
YELLOW 2  
BLUE 5  
PINK 3  
ORANGE 4  

Not a pleasant day. Of the First Four, Muretta has done the least wrong. She doesn't deserve the mugshot machine. She deserves the impending visit by that skunk singing Chevalier even less. Will she be the one to save us from a more odious note?

Sixth IUFB: 3pc fire pit seating group (ARP: $1,985) (Manuela and George Gray)

Muretta Alexander Alftan MARCI WINNER
$1900 $1222 $1250 $1200 MURETTA

Muretta escapes. And I'm sure she's not even bothering to think about what the doop Alexander keeps bidding $1,222 for. She is playing Secret "X" for an outdoor kitchen island. (International Outdoor Furnishings; ARP: $9,998) (Rachel)

Free X placed in lower right. (Items by Amber)

ITEM CHOICES GUESS ARP RESULT
2GB iPod shuffle $33 $49 $49 $49 lower left
Sunglasses (A|X) $41 $65 $65 $65 upper left

Board:

X    
  X  
X   X

ALL HAIL MURETTA!

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL
Christina $2,339 50 35 85
Jacqueline $2,998 60 15 75
Muretta $12,097 1.00 N/A OVER

Bonus...

Contestant Winnings Spin Result
Muretta $13,097 65 *SHOWCASE*

SHOWCASE ROUND
In the David-vs.-Goliath Showcase Round, Muretta has the honor...

SC1 - CARRIE MAKING FAMILY TIME
(w/Holly Robinson Peete of The Talk)
TRIP/SUV
BID: $29,500 Set of four iPad 2s (16GB Wi-Fi, cases, $500 iTunes gift card)
Napa Valley (RT coach LA to San Francisco rental car to Napa Valley, 3n Auberge du Soleil, dinner at The French Laundry)
Ford Edge SEL (3.5-litre V6 engine, vista sunroof, voice-activated navigation, Equipment Group 202A)
ARP: $45,420
DIFF: $15,920
*WIN* $46,020
SC2 - MURETTA GIRLFRIEND TIME
(w/Julie Chen of The Talk)
TRIPS/BMW
BID: $38,500 Laguna Beach (RT limo for 4 LA to Laguna Beach, 1n The Montage)
New York City (RT coach for 4 LA to NYC, 3n St. Regis Hotel, $5,000 cash, personal shopper)
BMW 328i Convertible (3.0-litre V6 engine, heated seats, Premium Package)
ARP: $74,472
DIFF: $35,972
LOSS $13,097

Show Results: 1 out of 6
Total Winnings: $68,859

THIS RECAP IS THE PRODUCED SOLELY FOR GOLDEN-ROAD.NET
UNAUTHORIZED REPRODUCTION OR EXHIBITION IS PROHIBITED

PRODUCED BY KITCH

Quote from: Me, earlier today
Recap will be delayed. Busy evening.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 08:59:45 AM by Kitch »
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: TPiR Recap - 4/6/2011
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 03:41:15 PM »
I'm actually a little torn on Rat Race.  On one hand, Jacqueline definitely did say $60, there's no question, so a technical win was not warranted, make no mistake.  On the other hand, she quickly realized that the $60 guess was a really bad idea, and was desperately trying to take it back, but Drew and the model were both ignoring her, and for that matter, seemed to be in a bit of a hurry to get the price revealed.  It actually seemed very un-Drew-like... I kind of wonder if he just didn't hear her, since he usually loves allowing people a huge amount of time to change their minds.  Either way, I felt bad for her, since she just wound up helplessly pleading to change her answer.

Does Rat Race count as a GP or SP game or what?  It seemed really odd that it was played with not only Let 'em Roll, but also Secret "X."  On a semi-related note, three heavily luck-based games in one show is kinda' overkill.

Steve, do you know why Rat Race was played in two consecutive episodes?  That probably couldn't have been scheduled worse than it was, with two consecutive episodes with a wipeout.  I suspect a fair number of casual viewers will even notice that.

That may have possibly been the easiest Secret "X" setup since Roger left.

Wax paper is much cheaper than aluminum foil.  I did not know that.

Online Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 03:56:05 PM »
I wonder if Rat Race was a sub for 10 Chances...
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 04:07:50 PM »
That or Temptation was my first thought...and then X showed up, with Rat has been considered a SP/car so far this season, this makes sense. There's also the possibility with this show being taped 3-4 weeks after its others they lost track of when it was airing (Price Look of the Week also repeated), although that would *really* be just lazy.

Anyways, this show really exemplified what's wrong with the current direction: setups are too hard (Coggy was downright nasty), contestants are not being picked optimally / new direction has highly degraded the quality of contestants, and needless sexing up in the showcases. It was not fun to watch this show, and I was fed up for the first time in quite awhile afterwards.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 04:31:05 PM »
Until Kitch can:

Let Em' Roll - L
Squeeze Play - L (played horribly)
Eazy Az 123 - L (Damn HARD!)
Coming Or Going - L
Rat Race - L - Wipeout (played worse than Squeeze Play) (Guesses $60 on the last prize after Drew tells her the $100 difference)
Secret X - W

Showcases: The Talk's Julie Chen and Holly Robinson Peete
#1 - 4 Ipad 2/Trip to Napa Valley/Ford Edge
#2 - Trip to Laguna Beach/$5,000 Shopping Spree in New York/BMW Convertible

I actually thought Julie and Holly did well in the showcases. They spoke well and Drew did say that they actually picked the showcases. Sure, the BMW was a bit over the top, but they didn't need the Corvette yesterday either. Usually, the special guests on the show are awful (and unknowns) and can't speak off cards or teleprompters worth a damn. So, going into today's show I expected the 2 to at least do their lines correctly, and they did. The modeling wasn't so hot, but what the hell. To be honest, they modeled better then Gwen and Amber do half the time.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 04:37:41 PM by 3StrikesFan »

Offline Shaymin

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • May we have some decorum here, please?
    • Nintendo Free Radio
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 04:42:45 PM »
Has a showcase ever topped $70k outside of a season premiere/MDS/milestone show? That seems incredibly wrong for some reason.

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 04:54:51 PM »
Three 1-for-6ers in a row - ridiculous!

IMHO, Rat Race should've been a technical win after what happened on the last prize.  She clearly wanted to change her guess, and I don't remember hearing Drew tell Rachel to flip the card.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 04:56:45 PM by Cartboy »
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 05:13:51 PM »
Three 1-for-6ers in a row - ridiculous!

IMHO, Rat Race should've been a technical win after what happened on the last prize.  She clearly wanted to change her guess, and I don't remember hearing Drew tell Rachel to flip the card.

No way should the contestant have been allowed to change her answer, even if she realized she made a mistake. They don't allow corrections on other game shows once the contestant has fully said his/her answer, so why should Price?

Yes, I realize Drew has allowed contestants to change their answer before the reveal in the past, but it's time to put in a firm policy and then be consistent. Either the first answer is the one that will be accepted with no exceptions, or require the contestant to say "final answer" (or some similar indication that this is his/her answer).

Brian

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 05:19:01 PM »
It's possible the situation in Rat Race was a byproduct of editing as well - Kev just mentioned yesterday that TTM was cut down. Who's to say she did get to think about it, still kept $60, Drew did say to Gwen to reveal, and this was all cut out? The showcases were six and a half minutes long today.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 05:24:44 PM »
It was nice having the girls from The Talk on the show today.  I watch The Talk every day as well as TPIR.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline elskunkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 05:33:25 PM »
This is like the third time that rat race was wiped out And I'm glad Secret X was won because that saved the show from turning ugly Squeeze Play really shoulda been won Eazy as 123 was EVIL so was CoG Let Em Roll was bad luck. Let's see how tomorrow's show turns out. Hopefully it'll be a minimum of 1 for 6.
pepe! It took us all summer to clean out all the skunk stink from seasons 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40!!!

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 06:00:59 PM »
Yesterday was remarkable because of the Magic # win. Today.....
-Let 'Em Roll was just tough luck and the way the dice rolled.
-I found Squeeze Play to be hard, but that's just me.
-Eazy az 1-2-3 was horrible. The only real toss-up should have been between whether or not the Fridge or the scooter was 1. There was no way in 10 million years that the Mac was going to be 1. I guess the word that Apple Computers (especially desktops) are extremely expensive, especially on The Price is Right, hasn't gotten out yet.
-Coming or Going was downright EVIL. What a cheap trip, made to sound expensive since it was for 4 people.
-If Money Game wasn't bad enough, Rat Race was down right inexcusable. Not only for the game play, but for being played today at all*. $60 for a Kitchen Aid mixer....really? Someone doesn't pay attention in the housewares section of Macy's.
-And then after this evil and stupid fest we get the easiest Secret X and a contestant who uses it to her advantage.

Julie and Holly were very good guests (they should be, since their job IS talking and reading a script). However, Julie Chen and Mike Richards should be slapped for making SC2 that expensive. They must have been smoking weed considering the endings of both showcases were -420.

*Seeing a game 2 days in a row (and have the same result) is just inexcusable. This isn't 1972. Another big FAIL for the person that schedules the episodes. Also, if a game did break down, there are so many other replacements.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 06:03:49 PM by thepriceis_J »
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 06:10:07 PM »

They'd have had to find other prizes for the first and second prizes if it were, but maybe.

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 06:13:48 PM »
Yesterday was remarkable because of the Magic # win. Today.....
*. $60 for a Kitchen Aid mixer....really? Someone doesn't pay attention in the housewares section of Macy's.
-And then after this evil and stupid fest we get the easiest Secret X and a contestant who uses it to her advantage.

That same standing mixer appeared on game shows in the 80s, except it was yellow instead of green, and cost about $400 at the time.

No prize of the week this week?

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011, 06:49:42 PM »
No way should the contestant have been allowed to change her answer, even if she realized she made a mistake. They don't allow corrections on other game shows once the contestant has fully said his/her answer, so why should Price?

Yes, I realize Drew has allowed contestants to change their answer before the reveal in the past, but it's time to put in a firm policy and then be consistent. Either the first answer is the one that will be accepted with no exceptions, or require the contestant to say "final answer" (or some similar indication that this is his/her answer).

Brian

Really? You've never seen people able to change their "answers" on Price? Even Bob gave people that chance.

This show was almost a huge snooze-fest for me. The showcases went on and on and on and wasn't the least bit interested.

My idea is huge, but...

My guess is that Spelling Bee and some quickie were subbed out for Rat Race and Secret "X". Here's how it would break down: The car and one small prize goes to Rat Race (and then add in a couple prizes); while the quickie prize and the other small prizes went to Secret "X". Spelling Bee may have originally been scheduled first; then they move Let 'em Roll, which may have been fifth, up to the one slot, add in Rat Race fifth, and replace the quickie meant to be played sixth with Secret "X".

Complex, I know. But not in the realm of impossible.

Still, Rat Race shouldn't have shown up.