Author Topic: Drew Carey's Improv-A-Ganza  (Read 5961 times)

Offline katrinka_ohio

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Drew Carey's Improv-A-Ganza
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2011, 10:15:33 PM »
Thank you, Tyler.
Go fellow Buckeye Drew!

Offline compdude512

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2011, 10:42:14 PM »
You're welcome! Feel free to use the mic nerd in me any time!

By the way, I made an error in my original post. The Shure transmitters are UR2, not U2. The U2 transmitters are the ones with the miniature antenna sticking out the bottom. The UR2's have a built-in plastic antenna slightly smaller than the shaft and curve off under the mic capsule. The UR2 series replaced the U2 series. I know that nobody probably cares, but when I make a mistake, I like to correct it. :-)

Tyler
"We, in fact, like it when people criticize what we've done on the show because it means you're thinking about the show." -Jamie Hyneman, Mythbusters.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2011, 04:33:54 PM »
Bumped this up because I thought you guys might want to watch tomorrow's episode - Rich will be featured in a game of Sound Effects
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2011, 09:54:32 AM »
I can't wait to see Rich on Drew Carey's Improv-A-Ganza tonight!  :biggrin:
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2011, 11:09:02 AM »
About time, really.

Rich's part in the show has always seemed to be out-of-place...
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline 444dd

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HYO #7 will be in a few months
    • My Youtube
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2011, 08:35:35 PM »
So let's talk about Rich being on the show.  I can't belive the big deal they made aboout him being The Price is Right announcer.  Did anyone find this odd?
That wasn't a showcase, that was an infomercial.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2011, 01:29:41 AM »
I finally saw the whole thing on the GSN site, it was hilarious!
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2011, 05:42:13 PM »

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2011, 11:05:45 PM »
So let's talk about Rich being on the show.  I can't belive the big deal they made aboout him being The Price is Right announcer.  Did anyone find this odd?

The worst part...the person making a big deal out of it was Jeff Davis! I wasn't exactly sure what to make of that segment at all.
Signatures are overrated.

Offline 444dd

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HYO #7 will be in a few months
    • My Youtube
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2011, 11:09:51 PM »
I want to know why they made a big deal about Rich been The Price is Right announcer.  When they filmed this back in Feb it was 7 months after Rich was let go.
That wasn't a showcase, that was an infomercial.

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2011, 12:16:14 AM »
If I was Rich, I wouldn't be thrilled being asked to say "Come On Down" in front of a large audience. Especially if the person asking tried out for my job after I was canned.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2011, 12:20:47 AM »
Gwen, Rachel, and Manuela were on tonight's show and played Moving People with Drew, Ryan, and Colin. :-)