Author Topic: New & Improved  (Read 6146 times)

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
Re: New & Improved
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 04:27:16 PM »
I got the feeling this isnt even real...
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 06:32:31 PM »
I got the feeling this isnt even real...

What possibly could have given you that idea?   :roll:

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Thanks for the memories, Bob!
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 04:14:42 AM »
Or CBS could keep popping out episodes of The Talk for far less than the bazillions this would cost.

Well, ABC is what I planned this one for and they used to sometimes give away over $500,000 a week back in Millionaire's heyday in 1999 when it aired on Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday.
$1,016,378 cash & prizes given away by me in my HYOs!

Offline tadixon757

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 09:30:51 AM »
You know what *I* find funny about this? Before I saw the first post in this thread, I was thinking of posting MY ideas for revivals of two of the shows on the list in that post (TJW and TTD), instead of an April Fool's joke for this year.
-- Thad Dixon

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 09:27:28 AM »
Too bad TJW was passed in 2007. I thought it had more potential for syndication than that crappy $ale of the Century remake.

Offline AthleticsFan

• In Contestant's Row
    • Strat-O-NASCAR Channel Forum
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2011, 10:38:55 AM »
And All My Children is going to end on September 2011, and One Life to Live is going to end on January 2012, so here's my updated schedule.

CBS Can Have Morning but will have Late Afternoon Programming to have Game Shows, and having The Talk being moved to 10 AM

10:00 AM: The Talk
11:00 AM: The Price is Right (H: Drew Carey, A: George Gray)
12:00 PM: Local News
12:30 PM: Young and the Restless
1:30 PM: Bold and the Beautiful
2:00 PM: Press Your Luck (H: Todd Newton, A: George Gray) - Theme will be Flash (Keith Mansfield)
2:30 PM: The $1,000,000 Pyramid (H: Donny Osmond, A: Alan Kalter) - Will be taped at the Ed Sullivan Theater (along with the Late Show with David Letterman) and will use Tuning Up (Bob Cobert) but with the 1980's version of that theme.
3:00 PM: Let's Make A Deal (H: Wayne Brady, A: Jonathan Magnum)

ABC expects for a return of Daytime Wheel of Fortune (Despite Most ABC Stations carried the Syndicated Version, so the nighttime version will now be distributed by Disney-ABC Domestic Television along with Jeopardy with Alex Trebek) and 2 Cable Game Shows which made big hits in the 1990's because they aired it on Lifetime after having 2 soap operas (All My Children and One Life to Live) being cancelled and moving the view to 10:00 AM

10:00 AM: The View
11:00 AM: Wheel of Fortune (H: Tom Bergeron, CH: Vanna White, A: Jim Thornton) - Shopping Format is back, same wheel configuration as the nighttime version
11:30 AM: Supermarket Sweep (H: David Ruprecht, A: Randy West)
12:30 PM: Shop Til' You Drop (H: Pat Finn, A: Mark L. Wahlberg)
1:00 PM: The Chew
2:00 PM: The Revolution
3:00 PM: General Hospital

NBC Could deal to fill some game shows in the early afternoon and late afternoon and sign an agreement with The Hub

11:00 AM: Access Hollywood Live
12:30 PM: Classic Concentration (H: Alex Trebek, A: Joe Cipriano)
1:00 PM: Deal Or No Deal (H: Howie Mandel, A: Joe Cipriano) - Back to Models opening cases
2:00 PM: Days of Our Lives
3:00 PM: Sale of the Century (H: J.D. Roth, A: John Cramer)
3:30 PM: Scrabble Showdown (H: Justin Willman, A: Charlie Tuna) - 1993 Scrabble Theme will be used
4:00 PM: Xtreme Password (H: Tim Vincent, A: Jeff Davis) - Super Password Theme will be used
4:30 PM: The Game of Life (H: Frank Nicotero, A: Joe Cipriano)

FOX will try to start creating their Daytime Lineup by adding reruns of Animated Comedies to air against CBS and ABC's Game Shows

10:30 AM: The Simpsons
11:00 AM: Family Guy
11:30 AM: Futurama
12:30 PM: Click (H: Ryan Seacrest, A: Randy West)
1:00 PM: (Original Game Show)
1:30 PM: (Original Game Show)
2:00 PM: Lingo (H: Bill Engvall, A: Gary Kroeger)
2:30 PM: Truth or Consequences (H: Seth McFarlane, A: Liz Hernandez) - Well at Least bring back the 1987 theme by Don Felder same for the set, and yes what about Liz?, she did it co-hosting Make Me a Millionaire alongside Mark L. Wahlberg.
3:00 PM: Let's Go Back (H: Bob Goen, A: Jim Thornton)
3:30 PM: (Original Game Show)

If this happens, then Live with Regis and Kelly (Syndicated by Disney-ABC Domestic Television) will probably be moved to late-afternoon syndication or end up being cancelled after 23 years on the air.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 10:42:38 AM by AthleticsFan »