Author Topic: Greatest Playing of Cliffhangers  (Read 1424 times)

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
Re: Greatest Playing of Cliffhangers
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 11:08:14 AM »
While good pricing is certainly at work here, these "perfect playings" of Cliff Hangers are really boring. The most fun playings to me are when the mountain climber goes past twenty (and the audience does NOT clap with the music...that's so annoying). Honestly, this is one of the games on Price is Right where I think it's more fun to see the game LOST than won. And in case anyone doesn't know or is interested, Roger was way off when he said that was only the second playing where the contestant priced all three items correctly. It had happened several more times by that point.

Offline GSNSmashFan3

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My game show collection.
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 12:05:58 PM »
I uploaded that video. :-D
I got it from e-dingus.com, what's happened to all the good game show sites nowadays?
But I must say, $22 was REALLY lucky! If I were him and knew the other 2 prizes, I would've said $30, so the mountain climber would be at $8 at the end.
HYO Winnings:
$46,241.21 (Participated in 6 games; on stage 4 times)

I love Clock Game!

Offline offerta

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 01:46:10 PM »
 8-O

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 09:06:38 PM »
While good pricing is certainly at work here, these "perfect playings" of Cliff Hangers are really boring. The most fun playings to me are when the mountain climber goes past twenty (and the audience does NOT clap with the music...that's so annoying). Honestly, this is one of the games on Price is Right where I think it's more fun to see the game LOST than won. And in case anyone doesn't know or is interested, Roger was way off when he said that was only the second playing where the contestant priced all three items correctly. It had happened several more times by that point.
I have to agree. I think the best moments in this game were the ones where everyone thinks the game is lost and it is actually won. I don't know how many times it has happened but the two that stick out in my mind are the one from this season where the mountain climber was hanging by a thread and in the 80s when Bob brought Roger from out behind the prop. I especially like the one from the 80s. Everyone thought it was lost, then the dings went off the price was revealed and when Bob said "You did win!" and it made the win that much better.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.