Author Topic: Richard Brian DiPirro  (Read 61196 times)

Offline price_authority

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Richard Brian DiPirro
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2011, 12:57:42 AM »
I've never heard Roger comment at all about Mikey's audition, either favorably or unfavorably. I kinda think they didn't take him very seriously.
Before you call your lawyer to sue me, know that everything contained in this post and in all of my posts past, present and future is entirely MY PERSONAL OPINION.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2011, 01:01:30 AM »
I don't know if this rumor of Rich DiPirro being fired is true. But I do question that if it is true, could Mike Richards himself be next? I say that because I would think that CBS feels that PiR is its pride and joy. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Mikey has fired more people within his first 3 years than Bob did in his entire reign as an EP. To me firing a lot of people  because they didn't agree with you or you simply didn't like them in such a certain amount of time would make me question if someone is really right for the job. If you're firing too many people like that it can become a big disaster. CBS from what I have understood haven't been too impressed with Mike so it would not be a shocker if he's next to get the ax. Granted Bob fired some of these people for different reasons, but they were never because of people disagreeing with him on show-related issues. It seems as if Mikey feels that everyone should agree with him, and if they don't then we have a problem.

I've never heard Roger comment at all about Mikey's audition, either favorably or unfavorably. I kinda think they didn't take him very seriously.

Well and in all honesty Mike isn't quite as big of a celebrity like Drew is. I bet most PiR fans could not tell you a show where they've seen him on.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 01:03:27 AM by catdogwheel »
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2011, 01:08:26 AM »
Wouldn't it be up to Fremantle to get rid of Mike, not CBS?
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline everyonelovesshellgame

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2011, 03:32:09 AM »
Let's hope this is not true.....if it is true, Mike Richards is hellbent on ruining the show and it would not be surprising.....but still disappointing.

Offline Robair

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Is this thing on?
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2011, 05:20:50 AM »
Randy West on Facebook posted an hour ago, "A favorite TV show and its extremely talented director are parting ways. Politics suck. Good luck to all." What else would it be then?
We'll think of a signature. Don't worry.

Offline Trevtpir

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2011, 07:19:54 AM »
I haven't posted here in awhile, busy with work and other stuff but I lurk a lot, I just hope that Rich D. didn't get let go.  I love his 3 Strikes "no' graphic.  Good luck to Rich, he brought the classic look back to Price.  And this coming after seeing the coolest Earth Day Price I've ever seen.  Those prizes, WOW!

Offline price_authority

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2011, 07:29:15 AM »
There has been no official word that DiPirro is getting/has gotten/will get the axe. At least wait until the corpse is cold before pronouncing him dead.
Before you call your lawyer to sue me, know that everything contained in this post and in all of my posts past, present and future is entirely MY PERSONAL OPINION.

Offline John92

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2011, 08:32:56 AM »
Like mentioned earlier if CBS and Fremantle should fire Mike Richards himself when Drew's contract expires and get a new producer, and bring back the classic format!

Transfer George Gray from announcer to host.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 08:34:43 AM by John92 »

Offline MrGameShow

• Outside in Line
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2011, 08:41:32 AM »
I can confirm that this news is unfortunately TRUE - Rich DiPirro will NOT be continuing with Price Is Right after his contract expires at the end of this season's taping. (This is CONFIRMED from the man himself.)

While I'm sure each side has their own version of the story, the end result is the same. I've heard from a couple sources that they have been interviewing new directors for a few weeks now.

Offline Rusty

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2011, 10:00:25 AM »
"A favorite TV show and its extremely talented director are parting ways. Politics suck. Good luck to all." What else would it be then?

Don McSorley is leaving Maury?  Nooooooo!

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2011, 10:04:36 AM »
Like mentioned earlier if CBS and Fremantle should fire Mike Richards himself when Drew's contract expires and get a new producer, and bring back the classic format!
Please explain the differences between the current format and the classic format.  Hint: you can't because there are no differences.

You're looking for "classic feel" or "classic style".
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline nicholasdreyer

• In Contestant's Row
  • i love bob and drew
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2011, 01:04:48 PM »
DiPirro was the Marc Breslow of the 21st Century!

What can you think of that hes repsonsible for?
-The arrow shot in SCSD
-The close captioned plugs from the jib camera
-More announcer air time
-more announcer involvment
-Rat Race Replay
-Door 4 and Door 5/Homebase
-Many New Transitions for games, ---- I.E. cliffhangers, Secret x, Plinko, Let em Roll,
-3 Strikes new animated NO GRAPHIC
-Switch split screen reveal
-Coming or goin 3 shot reveal
-Freeze Frame picture split screen to look like film/frame

Anything else?

Offline Trevtpir

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2011, 01:13:54 PM »
At least Rich D. will finish out the season.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 01:17:32 PM by Trevtpir »

Offline CROCODlLE

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2011, 01:52:22 PM »
I do not know who FFTEST is, but his/her info is completely true!! Believe what you like, but its true.  I rarely post these days but when I got word of this today, I logged on to see if the news had hit here yet, and sure enough I see it has. (amazing really)   Take it for what its worth because I'm sure within time, either Marc or John will be on here confirming this for you.  About 6 weeks back I told you guys that George Grey had been given the announcer gig, and to remember you heard it here first.  It was announced this week.  Here is the thread where I shared that leak:

http://www.golden-road.net/index.php/topic,16695.msg281116.html#msg281116

TPIR has just taken the final nail in the coffin..IMO. DiPirro was the very last "good thing" they had going for them, and the only hope they had to keep the show going in any positive direction. The ratings have taken a huge dive all season due to the combination of disastrous decisions by Richards,.. starting with the firing of Rich Fields. That backlash cost them big. It was followed closely by the forcing out of Kathy Greco, the firing of one of the most popular models of the show "Lanisha Cole" and the firing of another crucial, long time production staff member "Karen W.".

And Mike Richards is behind it all.  He seems to get rid of anyone he does not like, or anyone more talented, more knowledgeable or more popular than he. (probably dump Drew if he could). Once you are on Mikey's "hit list".. it appears you don't last long. As for Dipirro, he deserve so much better, as did Fields and the others.  I've checked out months ago, as have many, many other oldtime fans. Sure miss the old days.  :-(  Good Luck to Dipirro.. although I'm sure he will be just fine.

I will admit, this IS starting to get stupid. Not ridiculous, not foolhardy, just stupid. What's with all the firings? How do people judge producers, anyway? I mean, if the ratings are going up, then whatever, there's nothing we can do about a man who brings results. But if ratings are going down, does Fremantle just latch on to their producer until the show dies, or is there a certain limit where they simply fire him after one too many low-rated shows and throw someone else in there?

And does anyone know about Price's current ratings this season? Higher than normal, lower than normal? Right on par? Average? Good? Bad? Bad, but not so bad you would want to cancel the show?

Offline SuperBall85

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2011, 01:56:07 PM »
nicholasdreyer, he also brought back the turntable reveal that Bark Eskander hadn't used for years.