Author Topic: Weird interests you have.  (Read 3926 times)

Offline brian1975

• Double Showcase Winner
  • hi there
Re: Weird interests you have.
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 08:19:08 PM »
i like watching cars in car washes, watching carpet shampooers and vacuum cleaner demos on qvc and hsn, and editing my own versions of tv theme songs.
all of this can be yours, if you can afford it.

Offline Ponch8

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 11:38:09 PM »
I've become kind of obsessed with Ke$ha (the pop star) over the last few months, especially since "Take It Off" became a hit.  She's coming to Chicago in August, and I'm going to try to see the show.

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 11:41:45 PM »
Production Logos

Offline katrinka_ohio

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 05:34:53 PM »
I collect Crayola crayon sets.  I even made a pilgrimage to Easton, PA to the "factory" and Crayola Store. 
Go fellow Buckeye Drew!

Offline Shaymin

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • May we have some decorum here, please?
    • Nintendo Free Radio
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 07:40:10 PM »
I still play the Pokemon video games. Just completed the Pokedex in the newest game (White) this week, actually.

Though I suppose my username makes that obvious.

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 08:10:52 PM »
Call me crazy, but when I was a kid, becoming the weather nerd I am, I was obsessed with this kind of weather radar- the kind that flashed the severe. Forward to 0:36-1:46 to see what I'm talking about.:  
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Offline tpir08

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2011, 02:07:02 PM »
Any visual logo change or something of that matter
Any change in font of a logo.  I can also recognize many classic rock songs on the first note.
<-- Click here to begin!

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2011, 04:06:42 PM »
City buses. I have always been fascinated with buses.  I have a car now and I still try to ride the bus when I get a chance.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 04:29:56 PM by Alfonzo »
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2011, 05:53:56 PM »
For some reason, I have a strong interest in anime, especially Sailor Moon and Pokemon, but however, I have an interest in getting a Mitsubishi Eclipse (if I can get one since Mitsu's discontinuing it in August) for my first car, because I think it's a fast, durable vehicle.
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2011, 11:24:08 PM »
As of the last few months, I have become heavily interested of anything from the 1980s: TV shows, games, game shows, movies, store fronts, places, commercials, etc.  In fact, almost every song in my music collection came out during the 80s.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline clemsonfight

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2011, 01:05:40 PM »
Well, I'm a very obsessive Whitney Houston fan. That always confused my mom for some reason lol

Offline kassilynn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2011, 01:08:54 PM »
Well, I'm a very obsessive Whitney Houston fan.

SAME HERE, I LOVE WHITNEY !!!  :D
I have every one of her albums and I have so many favorite songs by her :
"I Wanna Dance W/ Somebody", "Saving All my Love for You", "All the Man that I Need", "Millon Dollar Bill",
"You Give Good Love", "Run to You", "Call you Tonight", "I'm Your Baby Tonight", the list goes on and on.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 01:15:20 PM by kassilynn »
"Say whatever you want to about me, my artwork, etc, I don't really care.
If you don't want me or even like me, then I'm DAMN sure am not gonna let myself want OR
like YOU !"

^ That's my message to all you haters and people who are negative when it comes to me.

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2011, 05:16:51 PM »
I love watching youtube clips of car racing crashes or exciting finishes in spanish, whether it be NASCAR or IndyCar. The Spanish commentators make me laugh when they get very excited.

One example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MqAnHzT-4k (Dale Jr. flipping at Daytona in 2010)
HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!

Offline silverice878

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Broadcasting in digital.
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2011, 07:15:22 PM »
I love watching youtube clips of car racing crashes or exciting finishes in spanish, whether it be NASCAR or IndyCar. The Spanish commentators make me laugh when they get very excited.

One example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MqAnHzT-4k (Dale Jr. flipping at Daytona in 2010)
I died at those, too

I alkso have a weird interest in closed stores, old buildings, etc;
R.I.P Gerry Rafferty.  R.I.P Doc Watson. R.I.P Chris Economaki. R.I.P Jason Leffler. R.I.P J.J Cale. R.I.P Tim Wilson. R.I.P John Pinette. R.I.P Pete Seeger. R.I.P. Marc Breslow. R.I.P David Bowie. R.I.P. Gregg Allman. R.I.P. Don Williams. R.I.P. Monty Hall. R.I.P. Tom Petty. R.I.P Robert Yates. R.I.P. Cedell Davis. R.I.P. Bud Moore. R.I.P. Hugh Masekela. R.I.P. Norette Brinegar. R.I.P. Bill Daily. R.I.P. Junior Johnson. R.I.P. Neil Peart. R.I.P. Terry Jones. R.I.P. Kobe Bryant. R.I.P. John Andretti

Keep On Rockin' The Free World.

Member of the QSW Club, 9/18/18, and renewed the membership on 12/13/19 (Friday the 13th!)

Offline JonSea31

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2011, 09:48:44 AM »
My main unusual interest:

Serial numbers on Canadian Banknotes.  This "obsession" began just after Halloween 1982, and I was fascinated by the sequence of 3 letters in the serial number as it reminded me of Newfoundland license plates (another weird interest I have).  Makes me wonder if my obsession to serial numbers on banknotes evolved from an element of my then-addiction to Sesame Street (which isn't even an addiction anymore now that the politically incorrect content is gone) may have been a factor?

Also, I used to obsess over wanting $100 denominations due to a certain 3-letter prefix that I was attached to since 1988, but that prefix, among all prefixes prior to 2004, were recalled by the Bank of Canada due to counterfeiting problems.  This happened when the $100 bill was changed to a new design in 2004, and nowadays the $100 bills are not really an obsession anymore.

I still do obsess over not being given a $10 bill in my change in favor of two $5 bills, even if the cashier does have the $10s, but if the most obsessive element of the banknotes - the serial number format - gets altered, my anticipation for $10 bills will be down the toilet (but for the better).  I happen to obsess over $10 bills due to being scarce for nearly 20 years, but it seems as if now demand for the $10 bill may be increasing, as purchasing power for the $5 bill is becoming that of the $10 bill.  It's possible that $5 billls won't buy much anymore, whereas $10 bills can buy a meal at A&W, McDonald's, or the like.  It seems as if all $5 bills can buy nowadays are a coffee and a muffin/donut at Tim Horton's, or a 6-inch sub at Subway.  There are still a lot of $5 bills in circulation, but banks in my region don't get new $5 bills much anymore.

And btw, the Canadian banknotes will be getting a major revamp starting in November.  The new banknotes will be made of Polymer material, and there won't be as much variety of serial number prefixes eventually, due to the banknotes lasting much longer.  This will really take a chunk out of my obsession for sure when the $10 and $5 bills get revamped in 2013.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 09:51:37 AM by JonSea31 »