Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 4/27/2011  (Read 24667 times)

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: TPiR Recap - 4/27/2011
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 01:09:17 AM »
You always love to see deserving contestants win. Good for Chelsea! :-)

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Emily
SHOW GRADE: 2

Offline offerta

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 06:03:08 AM »
Rerun Today!

Offline GSNSmashFan3

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My game show collection.
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2011, 10:27:19 AM »
Rerun Today!

offerta, I kinda find it annoying that you bump these threads to remind us that it'll be the rerun of the day. If we have anything to discuss about the episode on the day of the rerun, we'll bump it ourselves. Okay?
HYO Winnings:
$46,241.21 (Participated in 6 games; on stage 4 times)

I love Clock Game!

Offline offerta

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2011, 11:35:18 AM »
offerta, I kinda find it annoying that you bump these threads to remind us that it'll be the rerun of the day. If we have anything to discuss about the episode on the day of the rerun, we'll bump it ourselves. Okay?

You are a moderator?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2011, 11:52:50 AM »
You are a moderator?

This is kind of ironic coming from someone who's taken it upon himself to bump pretty much every recap thread that gets reaired even though we already have a rerun schedule.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline offerta

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2011, 12:06:05 PM »
This is kind of ironic coming from someone who's taken it upon himself to bump pretty much every recap thread that gets reaired even though we already have a rerun schedule.

I'm talking to you? You have a answer for any question?
What's the problem?!

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2011, 12:25:11 PM »
I'm talking to you? You have a answer for any question?
What's the problem?!
Bumping an old recap thread just to say it's being rerun isn't generally acceptable, at all. Also, you sure you want to take that tone with SteveG?
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2011, 01:14:05 PM »
Offerta, allow me to propose an explanation for this that you probably aren't going to like very much:  I think part of the reason people are getting ticked about this is that you're the one doing it.  We understand that you live in Italy and don't speak fluent English, but it's become obvious over the last several months that you don't really care whether or not anyone can understand you.  Tice has offered in the past to help you put your posts into coherent English, but you seem content to just run your comments through Babelfish or something and then submit whatever happens to come out of it.  On top of that, you get terribly indignant when anyone tries to point out that your posts look like gibberish, and that usually leads to you making another post that nobody can understand.

So basically, we've hit a point where your posts are frustrating because they're your posts, and the only person who can fix that is you.

(And this doesn't even have anything to do with whether or not the bumping is acceptable.  I personally don't like it, but your mileage may vary.)

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2011, 01:28:49 PM »

Agreed. It's like posting the single word "thanks" every time someone posts in the video section. It's bumping for no reason or either posting just to post. Offerta, people find that annoying, and the ones who don't just click "ignore user" on you (which has been done twenty-three times, by the way) aren't happy because you do this multiple times per week. People are sick of it. Of course they're going to call you out on it, moderator or not. People don't have to be moderators to express frustration with a board member who seems to go out of his way to annoy everyone.

Offline offerta

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2011, 02:40:03 PM »
I really like the price is right and I would say a thousand things but as you know I do not write well in English and when I try chaos breaks out because you do not understand me and thought that you are a troll. From now on I not will write more but I will continue to read this forum because it is always full of interesting things, news, preview, videos, etc. ..

Thank you all for your work.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2011, 03:07:34 PM »
I really like the price is right and I would say a thousand things but as you know I do not write well in English and when I try chaos breaks out because you do not understand me
Chaos doesn't break out because we don't understand you; chaos breaks out when it appears a conversation appears to be going nowhere with you.  Chaos also breaks out when you write "thanks" or "rerun today" or  ";-)" and nothing else.  I believe it is because it contributes nothing just like saying "This is my 108th post" contributes nothing.

and thought that [I am] a troll.
I believe at first we did, but now that we know English is not your first language, most of us probably don't think that any more.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2011, 04:33:30 PM »
I believe at first we did, but now that we know English is not your first language, most of us probably don't think that any more.

Honestly, my view ran the opposite way -- I knew he didn't speak English, but there were points after that where it still seemed like he was talking the way he was talking just for the sake of being annoying.