Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/22/2006  (Read 11874 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/22/2006
« on: November 22, 2006, 02:21:36 PM »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, YOU TURKEYS!

Before we proceed, as is customary on the fourth Thursday of every November since 1972, Price will be taking tomorrow off (IN THE USA, NICK!) for the usual reasons - Macy*s and the NFL. Some viewers get a rerun on Friday while others will have to wait until Monday when life returns to normal. So, enjoy your meal, count your blessings, and be thankful that we all have this daily hour to share, a place to talk about it, and six more months of Barker.

(And while you're at it, be thankful Bob Stewart created the original series, and Bill Cullen hosted it. Price's 50th Anniversary is Sunday, and we wouldn't be here today if it weren't for them, among others.)

Down to business...

Production #3773K - Taped Sept. 28, 2006

Bob: audience entrance
First Four lineup: right to left
Handoff: Gabrielle

Models of the Day: Kristina Longa, Shane Stirling and Gabrielle Tuite
Wearing: Niteline

1   Honda CRF100 Offroad Motorcycle (S)
EDWARD 2500DEBORAH 1600PAULA *1850ANDREA 1100($2395)

Paula gets to walk down the GOLDEN ROAD

(Acco) Non-Skid Paper Clips (100 #1)51¢
Arthur Court Grape Serveware--385$518*
(Jumpshot Basketball) Arcade Game (K)4--9534895LOSS
Winnebago Access 29T 30' Motorhome (G)71--xx

2   Johnston Fourscore Bar Set (G)
+Edward 1300+Deborah 1350CALLENA 1200+Andrea *1450($2964)

Andrea from Utah plays GRAND GAME (Target: $4.00) for some real greens...

(4) (David) Jalapeno Sunflower Seeds (bag)$1.09$10
(6) (Westbrae Natural) Salad Beans.99100
(1) (VO5) Hairspray3.491000
(2) Ziploc Bags (15 Gallon)2.7910000   WIN!
(3) (Gold Bond) Body Powder
(5) Tums Smoothies (48)

...and Andrea has good reason to be called a "Loyal Friend and True": she's able to watch the show twice a day - once on KUTV in Utah, and later on from a station in Colorado. She's been able to do that for ten years. Methinks she doesn't need DBS to pull that off (you can't anymore).

3   Storywheels Autumn Beaches Pendant Necklace (K-in the Row)
+Edward 6000+Deborah 2600Callena 800ALLEN *2200($2500)
STUPID BID

Allen, a Navyman, plays CLOCK GAME

Butterfly Table Tennis Package (S)($578)
300 400 600 500 550 560 570 580 579 578   WIN   (:16 left)

La-Z-Boy Montreal Sofa (G)($969)
900 1000 995 950 960 970 969   WIN!   (:04.5 left)

SHOWDOWN #1
$1,968Paula55 + 75OV
5,047Allen65 stay.65
12,964Andrea50 + 75OV

4   International Traveler 5 pc Luggage Set/Spin Spa (G)
+Edward 1
+Deborah *450Callena 1000REGINALD 1750($800)
STUPID BID #2

Deborah plays POCKET ¢HANGE for a Chevy Monte Carlo LS (Std., AirBag, ALB)(S)

1st.252
2nd014794X
.501*( 9 ).00.25
3rd0  4797X
.754X
1.009*(19).10.35
4th0  477X
1.254*(14).05.40
5th0    70*(17).50.90   LOSS

5   (Dell) Laptop Computer (K&S)
+Edward 1900
MAR DINNAH 1800
Callena 2200
Reginald 1785
OVERBID
($999)

Edward, the last of the "First Four", plays ONE WRONG PRICE

Corsican String of Pearls Day Bed/Loving Care Formfit (G)$2949$2949LOSS
Bowflex TC5300 Treadclimber (K)45212999
Bull Powercue Outdoor BBQ Island (S)3806

6   Feel Golf Equipment (S)
Elizabeth 875Mar Dinnah 1100Callena 1500Reginald *1501($1814)

Reginald from San Diego plays DOUBLE PRICES for a TheraSauna (G)

$6136PICK
($6136)WIN!
 $5243 

SHOWDOWN #2
$840Deborah85 stay.85Through to Showcase Round
999Edward45 + 60OV
7,950Reginald35 + 15.50

SHOWCASE ROUND
Allen has the honor.

SC1-DeborahIF THE PILGRIMS HAD LANDED IN CALIFORNIA... (G&S)
4 Swimsuits
(GE) Fridge/Freezer
Reinell Beachcraft 200 LSE 20' Ski Boat
BID$18,000
PRICE32,404
DIFF- 14,404
SC2-AllenPulaski Edwardian Dining Group
Pfaltzgraff Secertes of Pistoulet Dinnerware
Deluxe Espresso/Cappuccino Machine (K)
Trip to Plymputh, MA (via Boston; 5n @ Carver Inn)(G&S)
BID$18,000
PRICE20,352
DIFF- 2,352
TOTAL$25,399

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6
Total Winnings: $50,120

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/22/2006
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 02:27:05 PM »
Bidding Round #1- #67, Andrea! :-D

Golden Road- Ouch, that's an energy killer. It's been a while since we've fallen short of seeing the last prize, hasn't it?

Bidding Round #2- #68, Calina! :-D

Grand Game- That was awesome. Andrea totally deserved to win. She's nice to look at, and she's a die-hard. What a fantastic combo!

Clock Game- He's not a player, but he did enough to win. I guess that's all that counts.

Bidding Round #5- #69, Mar Dinnah! :-D

One Wrong Price- That should've been won. You can't get much easier than that.

Showcase- Man, that was a pretty hot start to the Showcase. :-D

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Andrea. How often do you see a hottie that's also a loyal friend and true? She was great.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- We had a short week, but it was pretty enjoyable... Grade: 3

Offline bp2

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 02:30:20 PM »
my birthday episode

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 02:30:38 PM »
Golden Road-A great game to start off the day.  The video game was a hard one, though.  The three or the eight would have looked good there.

Grand Game-What was up with the lights in the beginning?  Anyway it's great that Andrea watches the show two times the day and a LFAT, she got rewarded well.

Bidding round #3-$6,000?!

Clock Game-Allen claims to have not seen the game before.  He did not have the best strategy in the world, but he got a win in there!

Pocket ¢hange-That was played horribly, and Deborah got bitten by the amounts in the envelopes.

One Wrong Price-Very expensive prizes in this game today, I admit.  Anyway, there was no way the treadmill was $4,521.

Double Prices-Both prices would have looked good, in my opinion.

Showcases-Both showcases were more expensive than I thought.  Here are my bids/differences:

Ski Boat-$23,100/$9,304
Random Room/Trip-$16,495/$3,857.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 02:34:52 PM »
Golden Road: Yay, Golden Road makes it 2nd appearance of the season.  But it was lost!  I knew the game was gonna be $4895.

Grand Game: Yet another $10,000 winner in this game.

Clock Game: Well, if he didn't know how to play it, it was obvious that he was kind of slow.  But it turns out he did know how to play it, so I guess he was kind of rusty.  Oh well, he still won!

Pocket Change: I knew 4 wasn't going to be the 2nd number.  Even if she didn't pick 4 for the 2nd number, she still would've lost.

One Wrong Price: The exerciser was just screaming to be picked.

Double Prices: Kind of tough.

Showcases: Whoa, I had no idea that 2nd showcase would be so much.
All Hail Sinfonia!

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 03:04:43 PM »
Golden Road: Tough break. The 3 was more logical than the 8 for the second prize, because the final prize digit selection tends to be hard. Oh well, at least the big prize was only a motorhome....

Grand Game: Pretty easy.

Clock Game: It was won!

Pocket Change: I'm surprised she got stuck on the third digit more than the second. If it hadn't been for the mistakes on the third digit, she would have won on the final envelope.

One Wrong Prize: [color=0000FF]*Deleted.[/color]

Double Prizes: It was won!

Showcases: The producers tried to make the Showcases as close to Thanksgiving fare as possible, even including a trip to Plymouth Rock. I'm not surprised the second one was so expensive, since there was that cappachino machine and that trip.

Overall: Kinda lackluster Thansgiving show.

[color=0000FF]Edit by Frank15:  That was extremely inappropriate.  You're not allowed to bash contestants, and you're certainly not allowed to do it so blatantly![/color]

• In the Audience
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 03:05:05 PM »
Just groovy.  They end the short week with a Double Disaster.  Oh, well, what do you expect on a Wednesday?

HAPPY TURKEY DAY TOMORROW, ALL YOU HAPPY GOBBLERS!!!

See you all Monday, Lord willing.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 03:14:35 PM »
Hulk, u just like to kill the mood in this room don't you.  HAPPY THANKGIVING EVERYONE and i will see everyone on monday.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 04:04:29 PM »
Very good show today-unless you count the last two pricing games. Sheesh, why didn't they just play Pocket Change BETWEEN 1RP and Double?  It beats seeing two dull quickies to end the day-course they pulled this stunt the other week with Stacky as well. It just makes the 2nd half of games that much worse when done like that.

Anyways...with that said.......

Golden Road: That basketball thingy tripped me up as well, I thought for sure it was gonna be the 3. Sadly both Paula and I were wrong.

Grand Game: Highlight of the day-bar none. Great win by Andrea.

Clock Game: It was won at least.

Pocket Change: I was thinking after the 2nd number the price would end with either "740" or "940" . That 3rd digit hurt Deborah as far as winning is concerned.

1RP: Meh. That treadclimber was screaming "pick me pick me" that's how you snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.

Double Prices: Meh. Tricky. Crapshoot for myself.

Showcases: Both were very nice. Loved the "Plymouth rock" theme.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2006, 04:08:02 PM »
Andrea was very enjoyable.  I kinda' question if she might be overstating how often she watches the show--I kinda' question if she really watches the show twice every single day--but eh, whatever.  Good loyal fan regardless, happy to get on stage, win $10,000 and stuff... just lots of fun!

Speaking of Grand Game, why were the lights turned off until the game was won?  Seems like it's not the first time they've done that.  If the lights simply weren't working, it wouldn't seem like they'd just be turned on at the end of the game like that.

It seems like a while since someone's missed on the second prize in Golden Road.  Seems like usually when it does happen, it's because the contestant picks a number that's obviously wrong, too.  For whatever reason, it just seems like a contestant making a reasonable, but wrong guess on the second prize in Golden Road rarely happens.  Go figure.  Could've been 3 or 8, and she just picked the wrong one.

Is it just me, or have a lot of Clock Game players lately been playing "medium" well?  Like most of them lately seem to have an idea how to play it, but don't seem to "completely" get it.  Hmm.

I can't believe Roger ended the show with One Wrong Price and Double Prices again!  Seriously, that's gotta' stop:  two boring quickies is a terrible way to end the show.  Clock Game, Grand Game, or Pocket Change should have switched slots with One Wrong Price.  Or Double Prices, for that matter.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 04:14:07 PM »
Frank15 wrote:
I can't believe Roger ended the show with One Wrong Price and Double Prices again!  Seriously, that's gotta' stop:  two boring quickies is a terrible way to end the show.  ...

Amen to that Frank. I agree wholeheartedly. Monday's show had two quickies in the 2nd half but they sandwiched Pass the Buck so that's understandable, BUT to end the show with two straight quickies, Bah, not a good way to end the pricing game portion of the show.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 04:25:09 PM »
Golden Road - Yay! Too bad itwas lost. Paula didnt seem to excited after seeing the motohome.

Grand Game - What is with the lights? This happened once before this season too. Nice win though. Its nice to see it has been won alot lately.

Pocket Change - The thing I dislike about this game is that say you have the price of the car lit up and it is $1.00, you could still loose.

Clock Game - Easy (to watch). i think if I had to play it, I would loose with all of that pressure of beating the clock.

1rp - I knew that the treadmill thing was too expensive. The daybed did look a little more expensive though.

DP - easy

Showcases - Normal. It isnt everyday when the contestants have the same bid.

My Bids - Boat: $26,000/$6,404 | Trip: $17,500/$2,852

Grade: 7/10

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 04:27:36 PM »
Golden Brown Turkey Road: Basted. I don't know what it is, but I immediately said 3 for the arcade game. There was something about Paula's pick of 3 that made me want to cry foul. No dinner in the motorhome.

Grand Game: Mmmm, collard greens. An LFaT like Andrea must got to know this game if she can see Price twice. Very interesting about that. Too bad Price is the only show I cannot see twice--I can see the others either twice or at the same time on the channels I got in my apartment.

Clock Game: Hmmm. For somebody who admits to not watching a classic game like the clock game, Allen sure played it good. You can tell by the look when Bob mentioned the bonus.

Pocket ¢hange: Those 7s have been unlucky lately.

One Wrong Price: That exerciser was so too much. At first I was going to say the day bed until I saw the price of the exerciser.

Double Mashed Potato Prices: I never had a steamed turkey before. I was wrong on this one. Call me the turkey.

Showcases: Ah, the nice Thanksgiving Showcase. I was picturing a car with the home backdrop a few years ago. That gave me a nice holiday feel. I took a walk and I already heard Bob say "14..." on a TV. I had to run away until I saw it all the way. I guess it was the boat that made it so high. I wonder when will be the next time a trip to Plymouth will be offered....

Sweet Potatoes, cranberries and...

[BLAM!]
Better Luck next time, Pilgrim! [sinister laugh]

I wanted to say "Have your turkeys spayed or neutered," but some restaurants may have already done that...
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 04:33:42 PM »
Golden Road: Picked 3 as well and lost.
Grand Game: A great win.
IUFB #3: One word for Edward: Idiot.
Clock Game: Didn't see it? Yeah right.
Pocket Change: My opinion 4th number got her.
OWR: Edward does it again!
Double Prices: Top price this time around.
Showcases: Plymouth Rock theme. U.S thanksgiving. (lucky you guys)  :-x

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 04:37:51 PM »
PG #1:  Yay!  Golden Road!    Man, what a turkey to start the day.  I also thought 3 on the basketball game.

PG #2:  They forgot to pay the light bill for Grand Game again.  Today's setup was not all that easy.  I thought that Roger was gonna pull a dirty stunt with the antacid.  I thought the antacid was $3.99, but maybe that is the price for only the cocoa and creme Smoothies.

One-Bid #3:  $6,000 for that thing?!  Come on, Edward...

PG #3:  I do suspect that Allen may have won that sofa with a little help from the audience.  He stared out into the audience for a fair amount of time before giving his initial $900 bid.

PG #4:  Pocket Change 4th!  Definitely was not expecting this over Dice or Away.

PG #5:  [d]Screw you, Roger.[/d] [d]Bite me, Roger.[/d] Oh come on, Roger!  You are not supposed to play OWP three weeks in a row!  That was the rule!  And how was this game lost today, anyway?  That exerciser was screaming to be picked.

PG #6:  Hey, thanks for spoiling Double Prices, Mr. Cameraman.  After seeing the two prices, I knew that the prize had to be a sauna.

Showcase #1:  "STAGE GARF!"

My showcase bids:
FRBS--$25,685
Random room/trip--$18,805
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16