Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 5/9/2011  (Read 28194 times)

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 5/9/2011
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2011, 01:39:48 PM »
I didn't think this episode was that bad at all.

Yeah, we may be past the age of "Queen for a Day," where a particular fashion designer might be invited on the show to describe a fashion, style, etc. of the clothing a model is wearing, but why not cater to the housewives or older women who watch TPiR once in awhile? At least the designer's appearance was relevant to the "Look of the Week" prize on offer.

There also seemed to be genuine enthusiasm and the games were relatively winnable. Too bad for Cover Up, however.

Brian

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2011, 05:59:44 PM »

Yeah, we may be past the age of "Queen for a Day," where a particular fashion designer might be invited on the show to describe a fashion, style, etc. of the clothing a model is wearing, but why not cater to the housewives or older women who watch TPiR once in awhile? At least the designer's appearance was relevant to the "Look of the Week" prize on offer.

I think this was more that they tailored a prize to fit a guest.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2011, 10:55:54 PM »
Nicole Miller is one of the few designers I know and would recognize. That being said, her appearance on the show was awful.
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline rn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2011, 12:40:55 AM »
Nicole Miller is one of the few designers I know and would recognize. That being said, her appearance on the show was awful.
My mom has met her at a few conventions, she used to work for a home based business where Nicole Miller licensed her brand name.