Author Topic: Thank You!  (Read 18018 times)

Offline RBDP

• TPIR Alumnus!
Thank You!
« on: May 19, 2011, 01:55:56 PM »
To my fellow fans of THE PRICE IS RIGHT,

I am writing to thank the show's fans for all the support and encouragement during my two-and-a half-years as director of this important American institution.  It was an honor.

To me, THE PRICE IS RIGHT is not important by counting the number of years it has existed on television, or my the billions in revenue it has generated world-wide, but by the meaningful emotional significance this show holds with viewers past and present.  Simply put, THE PRICE IS RIGHT touches people's lives in so many ways.

As director of THE PRICE IS RIGHT I was not only able to achieve my life's dream and career goal to direct this very show which I have loved so much since my youth, the very show wish inspired me to become a director, but that I was able to work with so many caring and professional people to do my part in restoring the luster that the show so richly deserves and to help guide it's updating in a way that honors it's creative and aesthetic tradition. 

Unfortunately, it appears that last Wednesday's taping will turn out to be my last as director of THE PRICE IS RIGHT.   Yesterday, I was informed that I will not be finishing the season along with my co-workers in Studio 33.  Sadly, I was never at any time granted a meeting to discuss how I might be able to continue with the show to celebrate it's 40th Anniversary season as director.

And so I return to being an avid viewer of THE PRICE IS RIGHT.  I wish Drew, the cast, staff and crew all my best as they continue to give their all on behalf of this wonderful show.  I also thank them all from the bottom of my heart for allowing me the honor of directing and guiding this show. 

To all of you reading this, our most involved and loyal viewers, who care so much about this show to go beyond the one-hour broadcast to visit and post to the fan websites and participate in spirited discussions, your passion has always encouraged me to do my best for you!

Thank you all.

Rich DiPirro

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Thank You!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 01:56:54 PM »
You will be terribly missed. You breathed new life into this show. Best of luck with future endeavors! :)

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 01:58:51 PM »
Thanks Rich!  If you've poked around this site at all, you already know how much your thoughtful work has been noticed and appreciated.

Online The Big Wheel

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 02:02:21 PM »
Thanks Rich!  If you've poked around this site at all, you already know how much your thoughtful work has been noticed and appreciated.

Absolutely right.  This post once again goes to show that people at the show still do read our posts and some, like Rich, do care about our opinions and views.

Thanks again Rich for your hard work and dedication to the show!
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it!

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 02:06:20 PM »
Rich, it's been a pleasure having you as director of The Price is Right. You've done so many great things for the show. Best of luck to you!

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 02:13:13 PM »
Rich,

Thank you very much for the great work you have done on The Price is Right.  Your creativity and passion for directing were evident in every show that you were a part of.  You will be sorely missed.

Offline bigwheel1991

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 02:21:54 PM »
Rich,

Thanks for all the great things you have done for Price.

Jrrutten
CSS Stats - Games Played: 3 - Points:???.?? - DSW: 1 - WSD: 0 - DOB: 0 - Lowest Score: $?????

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 02:22:04 PM »
You did a great job Rich. Best of luck in the future.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline offerta

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 02:35:27 PM »
Rich,

Thank you very much for the great work you have done on The Price is Right.  Your creativity and passion for directing were evident in every show that you were a part of.  You will be sorely missed.

+1

Offline ayoung

• Double Showcase Winner
  • everybody loves me.
    • my facebook
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 02:39:42 PM »
Your work was one of the good changes on the show that made it worth watching. Good luck on whatever you do next.
You people make me sick.  Every last one of you.

Offline nbuckler14

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 02:56:34 PM »
Rich,
I don't think that I can top what has already been said, but thank you for all of your hard work and may your future bring you an equally rewarding oppurtunity.

Sincerely,
Nick
This is Nick Buckler speaking for The Price is Right, a MARK GOODSON TELEVISION PRODUCTION!!!!  (catches breath)  Stay tuned for The Old and the Reckless on most of these CBS stations!

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 03:05:58 PM »
Rich----

As someone who's dabbling in this line of work, I just have to say that you've done an excellent job. To say that you've done as good of a job as those who directed the show when you first watched it would probably be quite an accurate statement!

Offline PriceForever

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 03:14:59 PM »
Thank you Rich...you (and I mean it with all sincerity) did a great job...I could feel you devotion to the show with your direction.

And you did a great job with your letter. I can see you didn't want to burn any bridges behind you.

It's very interesting that the name "Mike Richards" wasn't  mentioned anywhere in the letter.

Offline garffreak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 03:27:33 PM »
Mr. DiPirro,  I too echo the heartfelt thanks the others before me offer to you.  I am glad you were able to live your dream and provide other fans with such quality work at the same time.

New TPiR Announcer: Gilbert Gottfried.  See?  Things *can* be worse.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 03:32:35 PM »
Damn, Mike got him even earlier than previously rumored. I am happy to see a new-regime employee on here, even if it's an ex-employee (I don't sense anything fake or such here).

The change in directors will start on Tue 6/7 from an airdate standpoint.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 03:34:16 PM by Wayoshi »
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...