Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 5/20/2011  (Read 10692 times)

Offline spoon14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Straight outta Medellin!
Re: TPiR Recap - 5/20/2011
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2011, 11:58:36 AM »
I think Pathfinder wasn't nearly as tough as the contestant made it. To me, the second digit seemed obvious. He should have been able to save his do-overs for the last 3 digits. Hyundais (and Elantras specifically) are fairly common cars - both on the show and on the road, so I'd think lots of people should have a ballpark feel for them. They're affordable, but they're not in rinky dink cheap Aveo territory. Eight was by far the most plausible pick. Six and five were unrealistic.

I liked the Most Expensive theme. And I think it's fine to go a little high on the total value sometimes. It made for a dramatically playing, because the game looked like a loss. The contestant was interesting. She seemed suprised to learn how the game is played (just pick the most expensive), but then she seemed knowledge about traps. She said it's the one you least expect.

Offline titantoa4

• In the Audience
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2011, 03:27:11 PM »
Anyone here ever remember watching Ugly Betty on ABC, and the only reason I bring that up is because to me, Lisa Marie who lost on Lucky Seven looked like a dead ringer for that fictional character.

Offline TPIRighteous

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2011, 09:26:05 PM »
What on earth was with the showcase reveal? Why would they do John first when everyone knew Nathan was over by a wide margin? They seem to be stuck in some sort of "Over goes second unless it's a DSW" mindset. It's stupid, because it killed all the suspense.