Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 5/24/2011  (Read 16333 times)

Offline PriceFan07

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 5/24/2011
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2011, 05:50:55 PM »
I'm really confused by a lot of people's frustration with the Dice Game table facing the wrong direction. It's a classic TPiR blunder. There've been many occassions where props, prizes and games have been misplaced, swapped, wrong, upside-down and all kinds of ways. Roger, our very own TPiR captain for many years messed up the prices in Poker Game very badly on at least one occassio and no one seems to complain about that. I understand the current regime has little to no idea what they're doing most of the time, but I don't think it's fair to hold a double standard like that.

I've noticed with Bonkers, everytime Drew explicitly tells a contestant not to look to their friends and the audience for help during the game they always seem to ignore that advice and 9 times out of 10 end up losing horribly. Only once have I seen someone look to the audience during Bonkers and win the game. The very end was quite heartbreaking too b/c if she'd pressed the button on the side to reveal the price probably 5-10 seconds earlier they would've likely given her the price anyway, mind you it wouldn't surprise me if they teased her about it being revealed and her not even noticing...
Get Ready to Price the Prize!
George Gray! Rachel Reynolds! Amber Lancaster! Manuela Arbelaez! Alexis Gaube! And James O'Halloran!
As we play the fabulous, sixty-minute Price is Right!
And here's the star of The Price is Right - Drew Carey!

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2011, 06:13:12 PM »
I'm really confused by a lot of people's frustration with the Dice Game table facing the wrong direction. It's a classic TPiR blunder. There've been many occassions where props, prizes and games have been misplaced, swapped, wrong, upside-down and all kinds of ways. Roger, our very own TPiR captain for many years messed up the prices in Poker Game very badly on at least one occassio and no one seems to complain about that. I understand the current regime has little to no idea what they're doing most of the time, but I don't think it's fair to hold a double standard like that.
It's not classic when absolutely no one notices / fixes it.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline spoon14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Straight outta Medellin!
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2011, 08:17:26 PM »
It's not classic when absolutely no one notices / fixes it.
That's a non-sequitur. What does the fact that no one noticed this time have to do with the fact that it's an error that also happened in the "classic" days? And as noted upthread, during one of those playings (not all), Bob noticed. So that implies there were times in the past when it's also gone uncorrected. And although Drew didn't correct it this time, it seems pretty obvious that he noticed the word "player" wasn't there.