Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/19/2006  (Read 19108 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/19/2006
« on: May 19, 2006, 01:16:24 PM »

Production #3625K - Taped May 8, 2006 (Late)

Bob: stage entrance
First Four lineup: left to right
Handoff: Lanisha

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Rachel Reynolds and Gabrielle Tuite
Wearing: WWW

1  Side-by side Fridge/Freezer (G&R)
CLAUDIA 650   AMIR (OS) 1500   LORI 1550   JACKIE *1900   ($2749)

Jackie plays CREDIT CARD for the usual requisite...

$2000
(2) Assorted Garden Tools               $ 252   1748
(3) Oneida San Andrea Serveware           360   1388
(4) carolinachair.com Kingsley Chair     1100    288   color="#008000">WIN!

(1) (Dell) Pentium Computer             1577  (Not Revealed)
(5) Honda CRF80 Offroad Motorcycle      2094  (Not Revealed)

Barker rushed through this game as if he had something important coming up.
Perhaps he has an premonition of what's to come...

2  Broyhill Continents Hall Chest/Space Bag (L)
+Claudia 750   +Amir 1100   +Lori 751   LORELEI 1500   OVERBID
         430          500        *525            400   ($650)

Lori from Alaska plays POCKET ¢HANGE for a Ford Mustang Conv. (Std., AT,
Alarm, WheelLock, Prot)(G)

1.             2
2. .25  46789  4  X
   .50         6  *  (16)  .10   .35
3.      4 789  4  X
   .75         8  X
  1.00         7  X
  1.25         9  *  (20)  .25   .60
4.      4 78   7  *  (13)  .50  1.10
5.      4 7    4  *  ( 1)  .75  1.85   WIN!

3  Holland Grill Tradition BBQ Grill/Viactiv Calcium Chews (G-aboard "Chugs")
+Claudia 1300   +Amir *451   BARBARA 450   Lorelei 925   ($779)

Amir plays SQUEEZE PLAY for a trip to Tuscany (via Florence; 6n)(L&R)

Setup:   6 8 4 9 2
Pick:    $ 6 8 4 2
Price:   $ 6 4 9 2   LOSS

SHOWDOWN #1
$    819   Amir     15 + 35   .50
   8,132   Jackie   20 + 20   .40
  27,644   Lori    100       1.00  *$1000*  Bonus 70   Through to Showcase Round

4  Dimplex Broncton Electric Fireplace (R)
+Claudia *1001   SCOTT 550   Barbara 750   Lorelei 1000   ($1499)

Claudia from Reno, NV - the last of the "First Four" - plays PASS THE BUCK
for a Chevy Cobalt LS (Std., Mats, PLocks, Sealer)(L)($14,034)

Free Pick                                        (5) 5000

Windex Multitask Cleaner        $2.00   3.00  *  (4) LOSE   color="#FF0000">LOSS
Hot Pockets (2 pk)               2.49

Tidy Cats Scoops Cat Litter      6.37
Azo Cranberry Supplement (50)    6.99   7.99  X

Left on Board: (1) LOSS   (2) 3000   (3) CAR   (6) 1000

This apparently was what Barker was afraid of.Claudia took a good minute to
make up her mind. Her husband said she should stop. She should have listened
to him. (Me: I'm with him)

5 Morrow His/Hers Snowboard Equipment/Gold Bond Powder (L)
DANIEL 700   Scott *900   Barbara 900   Lorelei 1 ($765)

Scott, a U.S. Marine, plays SHELL GAME for a Fleetwood Sea Pine Folding
Travel Trailer (G)($7530)

(Farberware) Stand Mixer  $100  LOWER   $120
Ceramic Tea Pot Clock       23  HIGHER    18
Candlestick Phone          110  LOWER     80  *  (2)  BALL   color="#008000">WIN!
4-Slice Toaster             90  LOWER     80  *  (1)

6  O.W. Lee Patio Dining Group/Purina Cat Chow (R)
Daniel *1201   TAMMY 1199   Barbara 950   Lorelei 1200   ($3419)

Daniel plays DOUBLE PRICES for a Ragtime West Player Piano (G&L)

>$9000<   PICK
($7500)   LOSS
 $7500

SHOWDOWN #2
$1,499   Claudia   95 stay   .95   Through to Showcase Round
 3,459   Daniel    25 + 15   .40
 8,495   Scott     55 + 25   .80

SHOWCASE ROUND
Lori has the honor.

SC1-Claudia   REJECTED EVENTS OF THE 33rd PRICIAD
BID   $25,000   (Frigidaire) 30" Stainless Range (R)
PRICE    34,811   Golden West English Oak Pool Table (L)
DIFF    -9,811   Catalina 250 25' Wing Keel Sailboat (G)
TOTAL

SC2-Lori      Broyhill 100th Anniversary Bedroom Group
BID   $16,500   Comfortaire Royal Duchess Sleep Set
PRICE    20,307   The Maids Maid Service (24 visits)(R)
DIFF    -3,807   Master Cape Cod Spa (G)
TOTAL   $48,971

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6
Total Winnings: $71,411

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/19/2006
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 01:29:00 PM »
Friday, May 19, 2006

Pocket Change- Very nice comeback win. Unfortunately, we had the usual doubters in chat, but Lori came back and silenced them. :-)

Pass the Buck- That agonizingly long delay made me think I was watching Deal or No Deal for a moment. Ugh.

Bidding Round #4- #211, Tammy! :-D

Showcase- Bad decision to pass. The furniture was inevitable.

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- I'll let Frank pick again today.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Lackluster show to close out the week... Grade: 2

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 01:41:47 PM »
It's a real shame that Lorelei never made it out of contestants' row.  She was obviously excited, seemingly dangerous to Bob, and would have just been a blast with whatever she got up on stage to play.  A real, real shame she never got out of contestants' row.  I was disappointed she $1ed the ninth contestant, but that was more because I knew Daniel would probably $1 her if she did that, and not so much that I wanted Tammy to win.

When was the last time that neither of the "bad" prizes in Credit Card were on the top row?  I wonder if Roger did that deliberately to mess with us, since the motorcyle was by far the largest prize, yet it was still placed on the bottom row, whereas the much smaller tool set was put on the top.

Jackie was fun, too.  She didn't get too much time on camera, but she just couldn't stand still during Credit Card, and just zipped off somewhere when she won.  So yay for that!

I wonder when the last time was that Shell Game was played on back-to-back weeks.  I was prepared for it and it still came as a shock!

Speaking of Shell Game, while it's too bad Bob was rushing it, it was nice that he caught himself when he was about to reveal the third shell, and decided to slow it down a bit.

Bob was really rushing Credit Card, too, which was odd, since it was the day's first game, and Bob would seemingly have little reason to rush it.  I'm guessing Bob knew that the rest of the lineup could be murderous?

Speaking of rushing, John, was today's show overtimed?  It looked like it; Credit Card, Pocket Change, Pass the Buck, and Shell Game all in one show seemed kinda' suicidal.  Guess it's no surprise that the other two games were Squeeze Play and Double Prices, but still, Roger had to have been pushing the limit there.

And Pass the Buck fourth... that's two car games fourth in one week!  Roger's just nuts!

heelsrule1988 asked for my opinion:  BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- I'll let Frank pick again today.

Lorelei, easily.  Don't care that she didn't get up on stage, either.

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 01:44:04 PM »
Credit Card-Jackie was definetly fun to watch. Jackie pretty much choose the three I would have chose.

Pocket Change-I had thought for a moment that it was going to be bad. but Lori was able to turn it back around. And had enough change for the win.

Squeeze Play- Ouch! The moment that Amir took out the 9, I had a feeling he had lost.

Pass The Buck- did any one else but me thought the set up pass the buck was easy .Ugh claduida should have listen to her hubsand and took $5,000 Dollars.

Shell Game- A win is a win.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 01:46:22 PM »
No, I didn't think the setup for Pass the Buck was easy.  I mean, I remember the Azo's price from seeing it earlier this week, but considering this was taped before then, even we loyal viewers could not have really known whether the Tidy Cat or Azo needed to be more expensive.

[color=0000FF]Edit:  Yes, yes, Steve, I misspelled "Azo" both times.  Happy :-P?[/color]

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 02:00:02 PM »
Credit Card: Fairly easy, but that chair could easily have scared someone.

Pocket Change: Wow! It was played for an almost $27,000 cnvertible! And it was won! Hard to believe Lori had trouble with the third digit, since it was a 9. Unbelievable that she had increasing envelope values on each turn! Great win!

IUFB3: Our first dangerous contestant of the day.

Squeeze Play: Tough break. I thought it was the 4.

Pass The Buck: Wow! A car game fourth again! Too bad Claudia wasted $5,000 on the second pick.

IUFB5: And there's crazy Daniel!

Shell Game: Nice to see it played again! Some of those small items were tough, but the contestant won!

Double Prices: Another surprise- this was played behind the big price tag. It's a shame Daniel lost- I would have loved to have seen his reaction.

Showcases: Both were pretty nice. And nice to see Lori win!

Overall: Very good show today!

Offline LadySlugma

• Outside in Line
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 02:16:28 PM »
Credit Card: Seemed easy enough.

Pocket Change: I thought she did pretty well under a fairly difficult setup, and was glad she won the car.

Pass the Buck: Tough luck.  I don't blame her for letting her greed get the best of her.  The odds were still slightly in her favor for avoiding a Lose Everything.

Shell Game: Yay, Shell Game!  What a wonderful surprise!  And a nice win, to boot.

Double Prices: What a shame that Daniel, probably the most exciting contestant of the day, got the most boring game in the whole lineup to play and had to be rushed through it.  He would've been a blast to see in a car game.

Overall: An alright show, but it was really a shame that Lorelei and Barbara didn't make it up.  They both would've been fun.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 02:19:48 PM »
Well, Roger's lost his mind.  Not like we didn't know that before, of course...but still, today's lineup was crazy.  Shell Game again, and in the same week as Joker...another car game fourth...just...wow.

I was really surprised about Credit Card...the contestant actually had to pick both prizes on the top row!

I thought Pass the Buck was never going to end.  Claudia made it look more like Deal or No Deal than The Price Is Right. :-P

Speaking of Pass the Buck...how the heck was anyone supposed to get that second set of groceries right?

Bob did a great job with the final Shell Game reveal.

Yay!  They played the cool version of Double Prices! :lol:

heelsrule1988 wrote:  SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Lackluster show to close out the week... Grade: 2

...you're ****ting me, right?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 02:34:29 PM »
Glad to see Credit Card again. Great choices for a great win. Glad she didn't choose the bike or she would've lost.

Great recovery in Pocket Change. Getting the price to $1.25, and still won.

Great win in Shell Game, too.

Tough losses in Squeeze Play, Pass the Buck, and Double Prices. Claudia should've taken the $5,000. Who talked her out of it?

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 02:35:28 PM »

SteveGavazzi wrote:
heelsrule1988 wrote:  SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Lackluster show to close out the week... Grade: 2

...you're ****ting me, right?

No... I guess you enjoyed today's show quite a bit. It just didn't do much for me, though.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 02:59:00 PM »
Claudia in Pass the Buck was excruciating.  She was really clueless on whether or not to risk $5,000 for another pick.  I was screaming at the television set "TAKE THE MONEY!!!!!"  I was a little bit relieved that she did not win her showcase in the process.  If I were in that situation winning $5,000, I would have walked.  If it were $1,000, heck yeah I would have gone on.

Offline CrimsonViper

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 03:19:46 PM »
Well, this episode's lineup was normal in kicking off Friday's episode...

... Until the second half.  That's when all hell broke loose.  Does CPSPSD spell anything?  :-P

Credit Card was easy enough, although the last choice between the chair and the computer wasn't as obvious as it should be.  You never know with those random chairs!  :-P

Lovely Pocket ¢hange win!  At least she didn't try to pick the other higher numbers as the second digit of the Mustang.  It's funny how people always overprice the normal Mustangs, but severely underprice the convertibles.  That was slightly evil to include so many close digits, but she still won.

Yay, Squeeze Play makes an appearance! ;-)

Another car game in the 4th slot again today!...

The Genius Steve wrote:

I thought Pass the Buck was never going to end. Claudia made it look more like Deal or No Deal than The Price Is Right. :-P

That was exactly what I was thinking!  How long did she actually take to make her decision of continuing on?  Anyhow, the second set of groceries just wasn't going to be priced correctly.  I wished she could've bailed out, and yes, listen to that husband of yours.  :-)

SHELL GAME?!  SHELL GAME?!  That came out of nowhere!  Where's the Bonus love?  Anyhow, that was an above average setup in terms of difficulty, but it was still won with two chips.  Good suspenseful reveal.

Yay!  Double Prices behind the Giant Price Tag!  That makes it somewhat more bearable.  

And finally... that was just too bad Lorelei didn't make it out of Contestant's Row.  She was obviously very excited and into the game, and her little "What's the highest bid?" comment really cracked me up.  

Good show today.  We need more unusual lineups like this.  :-)

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 03:26:14 PM »
Credit Card: I knew the chair was the pick to take.

Pocket Change: A great recovery win on a very evil price.

Pass the Buck: I agree, Claudia's decision was excruciating.  I would have bailed out at 5K.

Shell Game: AGAIN?!?  Wow!  Another Great win; I knew the teapot clock was the right choice.

showcases: I figured Claudia's boat bid was way off.  I would have bid $31,000 and be off by $3811.

Overall: It was an average show to end the week.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2006, 04:00:28 PM »
Credit Card: As soon as I saw that motorcycle, I knew that was an avoiding danger. In the end, it was between the chair and the computer because both prizes were in that range, I think. I went for the chair.

Pocket ¢hange: Sometimes when I see that big 8 stick out, I wonder, "Can I use that 8?" Most of the time I don't. I must say it was a little difficult for the third number. It was a little tossup in the end between 4 and 8 for me. Man, it got suspenseful again in the end.

Squeeze Play: I overlooked the prize, but I was skeptical when Amir took the 9 out. "I don't think that was a good idea." And it wasn't.

Pass the Buck: I would have faltered on the second passing. My first number to pick was 4. When Claudia was debating whether to go on or not, I was saying, "If you go on, pick 4." In the end,  :oops:

shell game: "Could we have a blowout on this game? I hope not." If I only had two chips, I would've placed it on the same shells as Scott's.

Double Prices: That "L" in O.W. Lee looks like the Lowery's Seasoning "L". Anyways, I was thinking a game like Check-Out would play. Seeing this game really wants to make me think that this show was rushing in reasons more than one. I would've picked $7500.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline backbiter

• In the Audience
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2006, 04:12:11 PM »
Pass The Buck: It's already been said up above, but I really didn't think it was going to end. And then when she made it into the Showcase, I thought "Great how long is it going to take her this time" But she bid fairly fast.

Lorelei bugged me when she asked, "What's the highest bid?"
And she was bidding second.

Am I the only guy who had lurid thoughts when Gabby did the headbob thing?

Pocket Change: Easlily one of my fave games, and always great to see a come from behind win.