Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/18/2006  (Read 16021 times)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/18/2006
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2006, 09:29:08 PM »
One-Bid #1 - "Wives of gas passers"?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

PG #1 - Another one of those evil L7 car prices...  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

PG #2 - Wow!  $11,000 from just 3 chips!  No doubt that the contestants this season have generally done better with 3 or 4 chips as opposed to all 5 chips.

PG #3 - Yay!  Balance Game!  :-P  And the win streak in this game continues!  I believe this is 4 wins in a row now... HEY!  I just noticed that the price display now has 5 digits!

PG #4 - Roger sure loves Bully this season.  That's three times in the past four weeks.  And there's the [d]Tiddy[/d] Tidy Cats again... :lol:

PG #5 - Wow, for being a fairly loaded Focus, that sure was much cheaper than I expected.  I thought she had it with $17,985.

PG #6 - Absolutely no excuse for this game to be lost today.  Unless the dinette is an Ashley, there's no way in Hell that a set of guitars is more expensive than a dinette.

Showcases - Splendido first?  And a contestant keeps it?  And bids $20,000 in it?

My bids - Splendido:  $14,600.  Car:  $25,500.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2006, 10:38:48 PM »
I liked Sneha, and I'm glad she won big in Plinko...but I'll be damned if I know how she missed the food chopper. :-P

Yay, Balance Game has a 5-digit price display now! :-)

And ya know, you can say what you want about the scales' movement clearly being fake...but dammit, watching Balance Game is fun. :-)

Five Tums doesn't work any better in Bullseye than it does in Grocery Game. :-P

Line em Up just was not going to be won today.  There were a ton of combinations that could have been right, and honestly, the one that actually was wasn't the most obvious.

Alexandre's shirt is one of the best I've ever seen on the show.

Anybody know anything about that cash award suddenly being part of the consolation prizes?  This was an early Monday taping, so it seems like a logical show for something to change on.

The second showcase was hilarious.  "And this showcase, where Little Red Riding Hood realizes these visits to Grandma juuuuuust aren't a good idea anymore..." :lol:

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry about the way the Showcase ended.  Given that Catherine tried to bid both $1 and $45,000, it seems safe to say that she didn't really know how much it cost.  It might actually have been better to end the thing with a Double Overbid! :-P
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2006, 08:48:09 AM »
YAY FOR BALANCE GAME! I do hope it gets played for a car sometime! I definitely noticed the podium display now has 5 digits instead of 4!

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2006, 09:24:02 AM »
I like how balance game has been won alot lately. Not to metion that it's beeing played often too!

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2006, 12:01:21 PM »

Frank15 wrote:
Speaking of Catherine, "Wives of Gas Passers"... kind of an icky shirt she was wearing.

I'm hoping that she was with a group of women whose husbands work for a utility company, or Shell, or something. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and hope that it was a play on words.

Alexandre's shirt is only the second homemade Price t-shirt I've ever seen that made me laugh out loud (the first was  "Real men spin again on 65" from about a year ago).
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2006, 01:10:16 PM »
Lucky Seven: I know we've had the occasional winner this year, so this game is hardly batting an 0-fer like Punchboard, but it seems like we've had far more games where the contestant wipes out before even reaching the final number. :-? And yet another one here...

That 8 choice, while I didn't groan at it, didn't work out too well.. But that 2 for the fourth digit? Ugh...

Plinko: Talk about being lucky to walk out with a decent total with only three chips. I'm sorry to say the guesses on the MP3 player and chopper weren't too good - especially since that chopper seems to be a semi-regular SP lately.

Balance Game: I know Beachcomber makes a $7,995 hot tub, but it seems like on TPIR we've seen either the $4,995 model, $6,995 model, or $8,995 model. With that in mind, that was an incredibly easy choice for me....

Bullseye: I don't know what shocked me more - that Catherine won (after join the 5 Tums Smoothies club), or that she didn't seem to realize she had won...

Line 'Em Up: My initial guess was $15,395... I probably would've been in trouble at that point, because I really would've had a tough time choosing between the 7 and the 8 on my second attempt...

That being said, Suzanne definitely gave herself no chance when she changed the 5 to a 7.. That's a ZX3SE, NOT a ZX4SE... :-?

Switch: That was NOT the time to switch those prices... D'OH!

Showcases: I know lately we've had some shows where the smaller of the two showcases has been close to $20,000, but this was clearly not the case here... I would've bid $15,500... Definitely NOT $20,000.

Catherine definitely picked the right time for a $1 showcase bid, because Sneha was clearly over...  I was thinking $26,500 on her showcase, but why take chances when you're going to win as long as YOU don't go over?

RE: The "Wives Of Gas Passers" shirt... You know, when I went to the taping earlier this month, I was debating on wearing my shirt that is kind of a mixture of blue and purple, with Maddy's face on the front, and her fishnet-clad leg on the back... Starcade thought it would be a bit too much (the back, that is). But if I had known that in the very near future a group would show up wearing "Wives Of Gas Passers" shirts? I'd have worn it... I mean, what could be seen as more offensive - Madonna's leg, or T-Shirts that could be perceived as women saying their husbands sit around and perform a certain bodily function on a regular basis?

Icky is right, even if their husbands all sell gas or propane or whatever...  :-?
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2006, 01:52:50 PM »
Madonna said:  Lucky Seven:...That 8 choice, while I didn't groan at it, didn't work out too well.. But that 2 for the fourth digit? Ugh...

Gotta' disagree.  I thought it was a good move, guessing 2 for the fourth digit.  It would've been equally good to guess 7 or 8:  I'm just glad she took a stand, and didn't just wishy-washily go with 5 for every number.  Taking a stand is how ya' win.  Just so happens she guessed in the wrong direction, but really, there was no good way to know whether the number would be 2 or 7 or whatever.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2006, 03:10:53 PM »
I probably should've clarified a bit, sorry...

With the tendency to not have all of the digits in the same range (all high, all low - though we have all seen in the middle in an MDS), I thought it was the choice of a 2 that was bad after a 3 and a 5...

No, I wouldn't have picked a five in that case, either.. But 7 or 8 made more sense than a two.

That's why I thought it was a poor choice, if that makes sense.
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2006, 11:31:19 PM »
I just wanted to say I was surprised to see Plinko right after Lucky 7 instead of Half Off. And one other thing, the I liked that shot of Door #1 when they rolled out the car.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2006, 12:59:32 AM »
Wives of Gas Passers, eh?  My mom oughta wear one of these!  :-D  Otherwise, seemed pretty average today.

Lucky 7: Interesting that the contestant picked extremes and the game had mild numbers.  Still, evil all the way.  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Plinko: That MP3 player got me.

Balance Game: I totally spaced it :-P and thought $8995 was a choice!  Looks like I'm a bit too used to the $8995 version.  Good thing I wasn't playing! And cool, there's now a 5 digit display.  8-)

Bullseye: Is there a Buy-one-get-four-free special on Tums right now?  :-o

Line 'Em Up: I was destined to lose this.  That third digit was giving me problems!

Switch?: I don't see why this was so difficult.

Showcases: Those bids sure were whack!  $20K seemed at bit high for the first showcase, and $45K  :-o  :-P  :-o ... then changing  to $1?!?  That was...odd.