Author Topic: CJ's Price is Right - Episode 6  (Read 35561 times)

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: CJ's Price is Right - Episode 6
« Reply #195 on: June 22, 2011, 04:18:26 PM »
I liked Double Digits as well, but I might reconsider the name (only because there was already a game named Double Digits).

My one suggestion would be in order to get contestants more involved, have each pair of possibly switched numbers on some sort of swivel mechanism.

I was envisioning a turnkey-like item placed in the center of each of the two numbers.

That way the contestant could switch the numbers themselves instead of dictating how it should be done.

It then would be appropriate to add a clock and time limit for this game, and I would also play it on the turntable.

I kinda thought the name was appropriate for this game. The name "Balance Game" was reused on the show, so I figured I could get away with stealing the name of the game that only the people on this board remember. ;) Can you come up with any alternatives?

As I imagined the game, I envisioned four tall rectangular columns with the same number on top and bottom, sort of like this.

|1|  |2|  |3|  |4|
|1|  |2|  |3|  |4|

A cover the length of half the column would be mounted on a slider with the other digit on it. In this way, having the number on the top covers the top digit, leaving the other digit for the other prize, and sliding it down and covering the digit on the bottom "switches" the numbers. And I would have the contestants do the switching themselves. It's much more entertaining to watch the contestant do something!

I did consider having a button and a time limit, and while that might be fun to watch on the show, it wouldn't really work for a HYO show. :) Plus I worry adding a button and a clock would make the game too similar to Bonkers.

Oh, and thanks for your comments! :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 04:23:04 PM by CJBojangles »

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #196 on: June 22, 2011, 05:38:10 PM »
I just realized I could've described the sliding mechanism a lot easier - it's a Joker SP pricer turned on its side. :P

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #197 on: June 22, 2011, 06:38:57 PM »
It's a great game, CJ!

If it were on the real show, I would agree the contestants should do the "changing," and have the '94 think cue that Line em Up and Push Over uses.

Everything else looks good.

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #198 on: June 22, 2011, 06:39:49 PM »
Thanks, Guint! :)