Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 6/7/2011  (Read 31442 times)

Offline Robair

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Is this thing on?
Re: TPiR Recap - 6/7/2011
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2011, 07:44:28 AM »
CoG stuck in my craw with the bedroom, mattress AND his and her watches. Whaaa? That's a Dennis James showcase from 1974, not a CoG prize!

And Swap...Drew forgets the aim of the game is to "swap" one prize for another. They should change the name to Pick the Prize with the Same Price. There was a minor staging tweak, bringing the first prize closer to the doors and putting the price sign on the other side. Still wanna see similar music used for each reveal (two 94 T1's or two Grandeurs or two Tony D's, say).
We'll think of a signature. Don't worry.

Offline JohnHolder

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2011, 08:21:42 AM »
Do you think this trial is worthy of preempting TPIR for? SOme news stories certainly are(weather, Obama pep talks, Osama death, economy troubles), not sure about the trial.

Locally, there's probably more interest in the trial than there is in TPIR. Of course this wouldn't warrant a network pre-emption.

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2011, 09:46:03 AM »
Also, what the hell is the idea of offering two trips to the same place?!  The bonus for winning the Showcase doesn't sit right with me, either...it at least seems logical on the country music show, but today, it felt like they were doing it just because they could.

Wow!  Two trips to the same city, with different hotels, and different lengths!

et al.

Question, then: Supposing someone won BOTH showcases? How do they figure the trips to Las Vegas, then? Does the contestant take one extended vacation to Vegas, instead of two separate? Honestly, this is the first time I've ever seen this happen.

I'd personally prefer not to see them anywhere, but if you must, that's probably the best place.  It's a discussion we've had before, and nobody's gaining anything by bringing it back up.

Thank you. I realize the trial coverage is frustrating for Florida folks, particularly those vieweres who have zero interest in the trial, but I believe this thread (and all show recap threads) were about ... talking about the show just aired, for better or worse. I just think discussion about the pre-emptions are more appropriate elsewhere, and I agree with PriceFanArmadillo.

Brian
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 09:49:32 AM by Briguy »

Offline Macsen

• The mythical, elusive S39-S40 Recap Guide
    • Twitch streaming
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2011, 10:21:07 AM »
Recap finally up.
"Kitch? Yes, that is what they used to call me..."

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2011, 05:33:49 AM »
Just looking at this now, but for what it's worth, they did have the April Fool's showcase with identical prizes in each except for the end, so this wasn't ENTIRELY unpredecented offering two Vegas trips. Granted the scenarios are far different, but something like it was done before regardless.