Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/27/2006  (Read 35332 times)

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 11/27/2006
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 05:52:23 PM »
Lucky $even: This time, a 7 was very lucky. Very good play as well..

shell game: I guess looking for the ball really made this a game to use your brain power on.

Grand Game: I was initially wrong on the VO5 Oil, but right about the olive oil.

Easy as 123: "Oh, Booo!" Well, even if Maria had the right order, it still would've been a chill because I didn't think the stemware would be that much to be the lowest price.

One Away: Here I am saying that the 5 was wrong because I thought Malibus would be nearing the $20K range when it was the 9 all along. Maybe I should not FF the features...

Coming or Going: Howard and I were both quick on our choices. Unfortunately, I went on the wrong direction.

I have a feeling those signs at the end of the first Showcase will be used again in the future...........
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2006, 05:53:02 PM »
About the last showcase, here is how I came up with what was actually supposed to be $14,500. The cakes roughly $500, Dining room is $4000 plus dinnerware is $500 and snowmobile is $9188 rounded off to $9000. These were my guesses

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2006, 06:05:54 PM »
Nice little show today, very fun to start out the week.

Lucky 7: Well done. But then this was set up very easy.

Shell Game: Bout time!!!!!!!!! Great playing, loved Bob's going on about the reveal. Definitely well worth the wait.

Grand Game: Easy set up yet again. We are 3 for 3 so far. Can we go 6 for 6 today? Sheesh, bizarre camera shots today to say the very least.

Eazy: Nope. First loss of the week.

One Away: I figured that 9 needed to be changed. Shame she lost.

Coggy: Howard was the man. Glad to see him win that hot tub.

Showcases: Mark cleans up. What a day.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2006, 06:09:43 PM »

tpiradam wrote:
About the last showcase, here is how I came up with what was actually supposed to be $14,500. The cakes roughly $500, Dining room is $4000 plus dinnerware is $500 and snowmobile is $9188 rounded off to $9000. These were my guesses

The Yamaha VX snowmobile is $9,188.  This was a Yamaha Phaser.  AFAIK, this particular snowmobile has not been offered recently, if ever at all.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

• In the Audience
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 06:31:21 PM »
What was Game 5? Pathfinder?  Somebody forgot to put the name of the game on there.  I wonder who it could have been?

Well, now I can throw away a piece of paper I have been keeping all season, FOR SHELLY HAS FINALLY BEEN PLAYED!!!
Glad to see it avoided my Winless Page, too.

Hope everybody here had a great Thanksgiving weekend, 'cause I sure did.  Will try to be in the chat room tomorrow if I'm not out doing early morning errands.

Later, gators!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2006, 06:48:13 PM »

PriceHulk wrote:
What was Game 5? Pathfinder?  Somebody forgot to put the name of the game on there.

No, it was One Away.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

• In the Audience
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2006, 07:30:43 PM »
Thank you!

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2006, 07:42:16 PM »
BRBTheFireball wrote:

The Yamaha VX snowmobile is $9,188. This was a Yamaha Phaser. AFAIK, this particular snowmobile has not been offered recently, if ever at all.

Oh well. I was still close on my showcase bid! :-)

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2006, 07:57:29 PM »
Lucky Seven- A nice way to start the day off. Marc play that perfectly.

Shell Game-that was a easy set up for a easy win. that couldn't been play any better than that.

Grand Game- A nice Way to end the first half.

Easy as 1-2-3-Maria played that very badly and I don't think she knew what she was doing at all.

One Away-A tough break there for Ami.

Coming or Going-A nice way to end the second half.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2006, 08:47:57 PM »
Sigh... Marc did not play Lucky $even perfectly!

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2006, 09:21:34 PM »

Frank15 wrote:
Sigh... Marc did not play Lucky $even perfectly!

I think Brian just meant that Marc played Lucky Seven perfectly, as in he played it well.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2006, 09:22:23 PM »
The point is he won the car. Actually 2 cars. Counting the other he also won in the showcase.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2006, 09:42:26 PM »
Marc's Lucky $even win was awesome.

Yay!  Shell Game!

What the heck happened with the cameras at the beginning of Grand Game?  That was one of the weirdest shots I've ever seen.

On the upside, though, props to Tammy for winning $10,000.  Grand Game was not easy today, but she still pulled off a win.

I'm not sure Eazy az 1 2 3 was necessarily...well, as easy as 1-2-3, but it certainly shouldn't have been lost the way Maria lost it.

Did anybody notice what sounded like an edit at the start of the 5th IUFB?  It seemed like someone's audio was cut out in mid-word.

It's painful to watch somebody come thisclose to winning One Away while knowing she's wrong.

This is silly, but I'd swear that today's second showcase is the first time I've ever seen a dining room group on the show with the table set at an angle.

Frank15 wrote:

Maria really bothered me today...[with] her extremely fake reactions to seeing her prizes in the second showcase.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that.

Frank15 wrote:

Course, a perfect playing would beat that. I haven't seen one of those myself, but as long as Lucky $even has been around, it might've happened.

And I'm pretty sure it has, although I forget when.

wpghi5 wrote:

The point is he won the car.

No, the point is that people are misusing the word "perfectly."
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2006, 09:46:26 PM »
Oh, and today's show is episode 6,605, not 6,609.  A member named PaladinTornado PMd me today and pointed out that I'd accidentally included in the timeline four production numbers that don't actually have episodes.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline m724493

• In the Audience
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2006, 09:53:23 PM »
Frank15 wrote:
What the heck was going on with the Grand Game reveal today?!  Or more specifically, the sporadic camera work?...  It was hideous!

PriceFanArmadillo wrote:
Looked like they accidentally cut to the camera that shoots the 'target price' reveal by mistake, ...

You're quite right there, PriceFanArmadillo...

Since I went to school for broadcasting, and have been an intern at several TV stations.. and my father works as an engineer in television (at WIVB-TV, our local CBS affiliate, which is why I can't be a contestant on the show :-( , but that's another story) I can explain what happened here...

What camera operators do (and especially in this case since CBS apparently uses servo focus on their cameras -from what I can see in the pictures from the Golden Gallery) is zoom in very tight on the subject, (in this case, the Grand Game set's target price window) focus the shot, (which is hard to do on the fly when using servo controls) zoom out, then the camera is set up for the upcoming shot...

Now, the above happens all the time when producing a show, mostly in between shots. But what happened in this case was the technical director (the person who runs the switcher) mistakenly selecting the wrong camera, thus exposing the focusing techniques of the camera operator on air.

So what it boils down to is that it's not the fault of the camera operator, it's the fault of the technical director, who pressed the wrong button.....

its just a shame that this couldn't be edited out... but on the other hand, I think it gives the show character... :-)