Author Topic: CSS Results for November 27  (Read 2907 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for November 27
« on: November 27, 2006, 05:05:29 PM »
Today's CSS was, in a word, ugly. Only three people didn't go over on the second, ridiculously cheap showcase, and one of those people overbid the car, so there are only two scorers. PaulMiller truly did an admirable job, scoring 95 points and with a total difference of less than $2500. rodroddyfan had a semi-garf on the car, but also an excellent difference on the room/snowmobile.

There there's everyone else. Tragic overbid of the day goes to RobertSearcy who tanked a $35 DSW, but seriously, how cheap WAS that snowmobile?

Maybe we're all rusty from Thanksgiving and still digesting leftovers. Maybe that was just royally EVIL. Maybe we'll all do better tomorrow.

CHATROOM SHOWCASE DEBACLE
Results for November 27, 2006 -- Game 48
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
Re: CSS Results for November 27
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 05:11:44 PM »
I was eating Chick-Fil-A at my apartment when I saw these results.  There's just one word to describe it:  TRAINWRECK!!  

Seriously, I semi-garfed on the car, but when I saw that I went over on SC-2, well, it was NOT a good way to start off the week.
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Online FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 05:13:27 PM »
God, I've never seen so much red in my life...that second SC today was downright EVIL!!!

0 points, but still a top 7 finish.  Oh well, maybe Wednesday will be better for me
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 05:18:57 PM »

FieldsFan336 wrote:
God, I've never seen so much red in my life...that second SC today was downright EVIL!!!

You said it--red is no longer my favorite color!!  That second Showcase should've been called "Roger's Evilness"
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 05:41:06 PM »

Kill me.  If I wouldn't have Willy'd that car, I'd be part of the non-red group...
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 05:50:53 PM »
Looks like I got the Chrysler 300 confused with the Chrysler 300C, which is $34,000 by itself.

And I'm still trying to figure out how AICO furniture plus a snowmobile could still come in at under 15 bills.  Jacob's prize rundown for today should be very interesting.

FieldsFan336 wrote:

There was a lot more red here:
http://www.golden-road.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1316&forum=13
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Marcello L. Silva

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 07:21:41 PM »
Never so much red in my life.

Offline apeminkie

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GRECO
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 09:44:46 PM »

BRBTheFireball wrote:
There was a lot more red here:
http://www.golden-road.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1316&forum=13

Braggart... :-P

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 11:27:15 PM »
Whatever happened to Aico being expensive? That's what I remember seeing.