Author Topic: What element would you add to Jeopardy?  (Read 5204 times)

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: What element would you add to Jeopardy?
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2011, 08:09:32 AM »
I just don't want Jeopardy! to turn into Jep! (Click on the "Jep!" link to see what I mean):

http://gsgarbage.clw83.com/inductions.htm
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 08:12:42 AM by howierules86 »

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2011, 11:43:05 AM »
As they say, don't fix what isn't broken.

However, the Turntable area on The Price is Right now looks too much like Jeopardy!

Offline JerseyBob

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2011, 04:13:12 PM »
I think there is one thing broken, now that I think of it. I will forever and always love the original board filling sound effect. I was actually a bit upset when they got rid of it. I like that they brought back some kind of sound effect, but I want the original back. That is the only other change I would seriously wish they'd implement.

I agree completely.  Jeopardy! is pretty close to perfect, as far as I'm concerned.  I've never had a problem with the format, set changes, theme changes, etc., but changing the board-filling sound effect was a mistake.  The old one was much better, and I hope they go back to it next season.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2011, 05:09:45 PM »
Drop Zones.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline lucyrickyalex

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2011, 05:38:39 PM »
Drop Zones.
<sarcasm>Finally, something to make Daily doubles more interesting!</sarcasm>

In all seriousness, I think they should bring back the "win five games, win a car" rule.  Barry & Enright didn't have a problem with it on Tic Tac Dough.  (I wonder what Thom McKee did with his eight cars...)
"But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."
-Conan O'Brien

Offline JohnHolder

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2011, 05:46:20 PM »
<sarcasm>Finally, something to make Daily doubles more interesting!</sarcasm>

In all seriousness, I think they should bring back the "win five games, win a car" rule.  Barry & Enright didn't have a problem with it on Tic Tac Dough.  (I wonder what Thom McKee did with his eight cars...)

Barry & Enright were giving away cars that cost about $3000.

Offline John92

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2011, 08:12:57 PM »

Or have Sony give away cars worth $10,000.

Alex: Here are some exciting new changes that we have. We are still "The Sky's the Limit", meaning you can play until you are defeated, win $100,000, $1,000,000, etc. But, when a J! champion wins the first five games, and only the first five games, he/she will win a new car.

The Feud still has the "Win five games, win a new car rules" but win Fast Money four/five times wins $100,000.

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2011, 09:02:50 PM »

$5K-$6K during the syndicated run, save for 1984-85 where they offered a $12K Eagle wagon on Joker and Tic. I guess the cars in 1972-73 given away with the Joker's Jackpot were about $2500-$3000.

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2011, 12:43:13 PM »
Drop Zones.

Greatest suggestion ever.
Signatures are overrated.

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2011, 01:06:53 PM »
Just leave the show as it is. Nothing wrong with it.

Brian

Offline spoon14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Straight outta Medellin!
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2011, 02:12:47 PM »
I think there have probably been other ways of filling in the clues at the beginning of the rounds (both in terms of visuals and sound effects) that I've preferred to the current way. But honestly, that's pretty much out of sight, out of mind. I don't think about it much.

Jeopardy is so fundamentally sound. I wouldn't want to see any changes beyond the minor tweaks to stage and theme that they do every few seasons as a matter of course. Jeopardy is the gold standard of quiz shows.

Offline Shaymin

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • May we have some decorum here, please?
    • Nintendo Free Radio
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2011, 02:47:25 PM »
Aside from myself as a contestant... nothing, really.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2011, 09:14:04 PM »
I just don't want Jeopardy! to turn into Jep! (Click on the "Jep!" link to see what I mean):

http://gsgarbage.clw83.com/inductions.htm

I don't get it.  Aside from the 'prison cell' (and admitting I can't hear the host just by looking at pictures), that sounds like a perfectly reasonable Saturday-morning Jeopardy! adaptation.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline WooWho

• TPiR Alumnus
  • 1/20/2010
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2011, 12:11:54 AM »
The only thing I can think of is bringing back the cash bonus for sweeping a category like the Fleming days once had, but I don't think that's really necessary.

Although the Kids' Week runner-up cash prizes (which are the exact same as those for the adults) could use a little uppage...

Offline trytobecharming

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2011, 07:16:21 AM »
The only thing I can think of is bringing back the cash bonus for sweeping a category like the Fleming days once had, but I don't think that's really necessary.

Although the Kids' Week runner-up cash prizes (which are the exact same as those for the adults) could use a little uppage...

I think the Kids' week contestants last time got a computer as the runner up, and the winner got a trip to a Linblad expedition to either the Galapagos Islands or somewhere, it was a different trip like that each day. Most unfair thing done on kids' week is, in a game in 2002 or so when there was a tie at the end of FJ!, rather than declaring co-champs and awarding both kids the money, they played a tiebreaker clue to declare a sole champion. The Kids' week isn't a tourney like the Teen or COllege tourney or anything, they were just being cheap in that instance.