Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 6/20/2011 (Couples' Price X: Wedding Shower 2011)  (Read 30735 times)

Offline JohnHolder

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 6/20/2011 (Couples' Price X: Wedding Shower 2011)
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2011, 02:21:42 PM »
My problem is that when you exit Contestants' Row and go on stage you are supposed to earn a prize by playing a pricing game, not be given one. So to me, giving the contestant anything substantial to a large prize  just for being on stage is not fair to other contestants in other shows who make it on stage.

I see your point, but from my perspective it's no different than some contestants winning expensive IUFB's and others winning cheap ones. You bid on a prize, your bid is the closest without going over, you win something. I don't think it matters that you win something in addition to the item you bid on, or that not everybody gets to automatically win something in addition to the item they bid on. Some people are going to win more than others, and that's the nature of the game.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Re: TPiR Recap - 6/20/2011 (Couples' Price X: Wedding Shower 2011)
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2011, 02:35:06 PM »
As for Drew's 500th, while it was some sort of prize, they don't offer $500 as a stand alone prize.

Someone hasn't watched Punch-A-Bunch in a while......
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz